The SerenityJediEngine 2.0 A new Beginning

Hi everybody

I am 1 of 5 people who have the serenityjediengine code.I have decided to try to revive the mod "SerenityJediEngine" not "Evolution of Combat".

I am only working with the code and the original SJE download files from here http://www.moddb.com...itysabersystems

I believe this is a clean build with no issues of plagiarism and this is why I'm not even touching Evolution of combat.

My plan is to make a build ready by march  and then go "Open" ,Meaning people can join me and help with making this a mod for all, with no issues.

I am reluctant to post here on jkhub because I don't want any of the mud from Evolution of Combat sticking to the SJE or me.

A few things I have thought about are

1 getting as many people involved as possible because I am not good enough at mod making to realize the potential of this code.

2 Getting a better coder to help me with this project as I am struggling to stabilize the code and need help

3 Changing the name of the code / mod to help bring it a new clean state.

I want to state the following

I haven't made this code (I just try to fix it).

I haven't made any mods before

I am just trying to edit it to a stable form without any issues.

For me the Sober mechanics have become a real hobby. I play on an evening mostly single player because the servers are empty.

The story so far.....

As you may know, The release of the SJE code was broken.

First thing I did was look how the first release of the standard release code was built then I looked how Openjk was built.so I went on the openjk page and went on the commits page then I went to the bottom and pressed the older button about 20 times. I did this because I knew an older version would be closer to the original version but I also knew it would compile because all the openjk builds are solid. I then downloaded a very old code and put it on my pc using Visual studio 2010. And then began adding all the Openjk updates and fixes to that code that didn't effect overall build format keeping as close to Base jka SDK style as possible but also keeping it as up to date as possible. Once I was happy I had all I needed I started breaking down serenity's code and comparing every file with the updated openjk code. This bit was the killer because openjk has all the render code that is essential to run and they have changed a hell of a lot of the normal non bugged code because it is required for the render code. But I did manage to remove some openjk code and replace it back to Jedi academy code.

Lucky for me I can go into a code trance for hours when I'm doing this stuff. So I just went on a bender for weeks and blended serenity code into openjk, sometimes I had to mishmash 1 page from serenity's code with a page from openjk whilst using the base JKA code as a guide. In the end it drove me insane.

Anyway, that's where I am now, I fixed a few things in the code as I went along but mostly its copy pasted from one to the other. And that's mistakes and all.

It compiles yes but it doesn't work. For me it just crashes out regularly. I'm missing something but I don't know where else to look.

Currently I am still sifting through the code and correcting any errors I spot as I go along, But I have hit a wall and stalled.

Here is what I have so far:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G29RZdpiBecEsyelZ1THByRUE/view?usp=sharing

I'm asking for help for any modders who want to get involved.

Things like Menus, scripts and effects all need updating to modern spec. But mostly an experienced coder is what it needs

Take a look and see what you think. Any advice or tips are welcome.

And if you want to get involved

Just PM me here or on the moddb page here:http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenityjediengine-20

All advice is welcome.

One last point.. I'm not here to discuss the history of SJE or EoC mods or there creators. I'm only looking forward at this point to revive this amazing sabersystem.