General Pong Krell Model from Clone wars

How do you expect to make 4 arms work? Someone would have to make custom animations for him.

Not really. There's a Four Armed Grievous model that works perfectly, and there's no custom animations. What they did was make something weird with the lightsaber hilts. I can't really describe it. Heres the file http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Models/Star%20Wars/63313/

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

The Grievous model only works with them in sync because the second set of arms are coming out of the top of the shoulders, rather than from halfway down the torso. He also has a saber in each hand which means the standard dual-wielding animations more or less work (though far from ideally) whereas Pong Krell uses only two of his hands and for staffs so...yeah. The 4-armed Grievous model is not a feasible template.

It would be the wiser idea to just keep the arms present and weigh them to the torso as a static object then?

With the vanilla animations, yes that's what I've learned from my WIP for Oppo Rancisis. But he's easier to get away with because he (as per canon) keeps his second arms tucked away most of the time. For Pong Krell custom animations would really be the only way to go to get a good-looking result.

I mean, with a well-made model and some creative weight-painting you could probably get a decent result with the arms hanging down the sides, but custom animations are the only way to make it authentic.