FM3RE v1.03 Release!

Hello friends & fellow Sith, FM3RE v1.03 has finally arrived  :sun:

Back when I first started playing ForceMod III (FM3) in 2006 and eventually became a member of PHRG, I remember having wanted to make a mod that represented my vision for what FM3 should be. 

In Spring, 2013, I decided to begin working upon that vision, and today, almost 4 years later, I can finally say that ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor (FM3RE) represents that vision.

FM3RE v1.03 is the definitive version and best way to experience the module.

Here is the Dropbox link:

**LINK REMOVED - PLEASE CHECK FM3RE v2.00 POST**

Thank you, everyone, for keeping me motivated, for keeping up with FM3RE's progress since its start, and for still being here to witness its last intended release with FM3RE v1.03.

Please enjoy FM3RE v1.03, and, as always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm^Heart >:[

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am..."

**SUMMARY**

ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor (FM3RE) is an immersive and innovative mod by the VHRG Empire for the award winning Jedi Knight Jedi Academy (JKIII) game that any Star Wars fan could enjoy.

FM3RE represents my vision for what FM3 should be, that is, a mod which combines elements from Official Canon (The Films, The Clone Wars, Rebels, etc.) and Legends Canon (The Expanded Universe) into one complete package.

Although FM3RE has technically only been in development for 4 years, the vision of FM3RE has been in development since the formation of my clan in 2006.

Thus, after more than 10 years in the making, ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor has finally arrived...

Players can choose from 29 unique Classes in 6 different Factions:
- Jedi: Warden, Aurorian, Sentinel, Ancient One
- Sith: Cardinal, Zealot, Crypt Guardian, Dark Sage
- Merc: Mandalorian, Bounty Hunter, HotShot, Commando
- Military: Stormtrooper, Spacetrooper, Clonetrooper, Royal Guard, Scout, ARC Trooper
- Species: Wookiee, Tusken Raider, Noghri Warrior, Yuuzhan Vong, Gungan
- Droid: Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Droideka, Assassin Droid, Darktrooper

Players also have access to:
- Level 4 Force Powers, combine Light & Dark Sides, Charged Powers, 5 new Force Ranks
- Merc Gadgets: Jetpack, Cloaking, Dual Pistols, Flame Gauntlet, Radar, Camouflage, and more
- Model Scaling, Class based Model System, Bot Class support
- Includes Tchouky's Advanced RGB Sabers
- And much, much more...

Based off of the popular ForceMod III - Return of the Sith by Azymn, the ultimate ForceMod III module awaits you.

FM3RE Has Awakened...

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. 
ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Edited by Guest

For additional information regarding FM3RE, my clan (VHRG), or ForceMod III in general, please feel free to visit our website @ http://www.phrgempire.com/

If you would like to communicate with me regarding FM3RE (download problems, review, etc.), or any other matter, you may do so here on this post or at VHRG's Forum @ http://s10.zetaboards.com/PHRG_Empire/index/

Furthermore, here is the link to the official FM3RE v1.03 release post on the VHRG forums:

http://s10.zetaboards.com/PHRG_Empire/topic/9012029/1/#new

Please let me know what you guys think of FM3RE v1.03, and as always... may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

Hello friends & fellow Sith, I hope you guys are enjoying FM3RE v1.03 thus far!

If you haven't had the chance to try it out yet, please give it a download and let me know what you guys think here, or on VHRG's forums @ http://s10.zetaboards.com/PHRG_Empire/index/

FM3RE v1.03 is undoubtedly the definitive version and best way to experience the module, so if you have already downloaded a previous version and have yet to try v1.03, I strongly suggest you do so!  :sun: 

Also, very glad to see you again Jeff. I hope you've had the chance to try out FM3RE v1.03, and if so, please let me know what you think of it sometime!

As a Beta Tester, I especially value your input!

As always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

Great work as always. People should really give this mod a try, it's severely under-rated. This mod works well for so many different styles of play, The MP fan has more than enough content to make it enjoyable, the SP fan can fight against BOTS that are actually challenging, and the RP fan has enough classes to chose from to keep everyone happy, not to mention model scaling, so no more giant Yoda's or Stormtroopers using lightsabers in this mod. It's also simple to add custom models and bots. The only issues I found was when dueling Luke he used force grip. Not sure if that was by design or not. I'm aware he uses it in ROTJ, so maybe you intended that. Also I'm not sure what the UFMC menu is for but I'm assuming it's for part of your clan?  Anyways great job the new models and menus look fantastic.

Thank you for the kind words in your review Jeff, and thank you for letting me know about the wrong Luke bots using force grip!

Some versions of Luke, such as Luke JKIII and Luke Pilot have dark side powers (e.g., lightning and/or grip) by design.

Luke JKIII has some because I assigned him to the Sentinel class, while Luke Pilot has some because I assigned him to the Cardinal class.

Luke JKIII has some dark side powers since he was shown using them in the EU, and Luke Pilot was assigned to Cardinal because I based his bot off of Luke's turn to the dark side in the first Force Unleashed game's DLC.

Luke Hoth and Luke Ep.V, however, should not be using any dark side powers since those versions of Luke were never depicted using any of them.

The Warden bot file they are assigned to was given those powers intentionally, perhaps because of the other Warden bots, but I had never given thought to those Luke characters using them in-game and it must have slipped past me during testing  :ph34r:

The good news is, that I just finished swapping out their grip and saber throw abilities for push and pull. So, those Warden bots should act much more like the Jedi they are now haha  :lol:

I also revised a few of the other Jedi/Sith bots by swapping out their saber throw ability with other powers. I figure this will be a nice change since saber throw takes up so much of the bot's force power that it sort of overshadows their other abilities. Although there are still a few bots who have that power.

In regard to the UFMC menu, I included a readme within the .rar file which explains that menu more in-depth, but in short, UFMC is a new game mode that we developed for tournament-style 1 v 1 elimination play.

Originally it was only a mode that was shared between members of my clan, but I decided to include it in FM3RE for everyone to enjoy.

The menu is used for players to setup their team against an opposing team, and then pit the members of their respective teams against one another in 1 v 1 combat until a player's team is eliminated entirely.

It can be a lot of fun when used correctly, and gives each player the chance to use classes that they may not use as much, if at all, in typical FFA play.

I would have liked to add it to the game type list (e.g., FFA, Duel, etc.), but unfortunately, I am limited to only being able to work with soft code modifications.

I'll probably update the download link with those new bot revisions in the next week or two because I would like to test them out more thoroughly.

If you have any more questions about UFMC that aren't addressed in its readme file, please let me know man!

Thanks again for the review Jeff, without input from the community I don't think I would have ever gotten to v1.03  :winkthumb:

May the force be with you,

Blackwyrm

Great news folks, I have an update for FM3RE v1.03 in store for you all that will be released on 2/4!

After this next update, I do not intend on releasing any more updates for v1.03 unless absolutely necessary (e.g., bugs, errors, etc.), and while I am tempted to title this new update as v1.04, I also feel as though it would be inappropriate given how much the module still has in common with v1.03.

Perhaps, in Spring 2017, FM3RE v1.04 might see a release, but who knows...  :sun: 

Anyways, for those interested in what might be included in the next update, here is a sneak peek:

- Updated character icons
  - Updated character sounds
  - Updated strings to reflect new modifications
  - Revised FM3assets.pk3 player models
  - Updated player models
  - Renamed several bots
  - Removed Luke Hoth bot: Warden
  - Added Ahsoka Tano bot: Aurorian
  - Added Ben Kenobi bot: Aurorian
  - Added Qui-Gon Jinn bot: Aurorian
  - Added Shaak Ti bot: Aurorian
  - Removed Yoda Ep.III bot: Aurorian
  - Removed Luke Pilot bot: Cardinal
  - Added Darth Malgus bot: Zealot
  - Added Palpatine bot: Zealot
  - Added Tavion Axmis bot: Zealot
  - Removed ARF Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Removed AT-RT Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Remove Swamp Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Removed HK-47 (Old) bot: Assassin Droid
  - Revised Jedi/Sith botfiles
  - Revised Species weapon stats and katas
  - Added Lord Starkiller player model

I will be taking the time to test the new botfiles more thoroughly in the following days and will continue to update this post with any relevant information before the next update.

The new modifications to the Jedi/Sith botfiles, Species weapon stats and katas, etc., will certainly all be worth a look, so stay tuned!

Great things coming...

Blackwyrm
Edited by Guest

Link appears to be broken!

**LINK REMOVED - PLEASE CHECK FM3RE v2.00 POST**

That should be the correct link, please let me know if this works!

Blackwyrm

Edited by Guest

Forcemod II for JK2 was epic, time to give this a try.

I'm glad to hear that you're willing to try it out.

After trying it out for a bit, please let me know what you think of it sometime!

It would be interesting to hear what a new player to ForceMod III thinks of it!

Blackwyrm

Hello friends and fellow Sith, I have some good news and bad news to share with you guys.

Starting with the bad news, I know I had told you guys that I would be releasing an update for FM3RE v1.03 on 2/4, but unfortunately, I have to cancel that update.

In my previous post I had stated that while I was tempted to title the upcoming update as v1.04, that I felt as though it would be inappropriate given how much the module still had in common with v1.03.

However, after working on the module extensively since the last update, I am happy to report that the new update now deserves its own proper version and release.

So, for those interested in what FM3RE v1.04 will have to offer, here is a sneak peek:

- Updated character icons
  - Updated character sounds
  - Updated strings to reflect new modifications
  - Updated FM3assets.pk3 player models
  - Updated player models
  - Updated Darth Malgus player model
  - Updated Count Dooku player model
  - Added Lord Starkiller player model
  - Added Base JKO/JKA Kyle Katarn player model to FM3assets.pk3 - named kyle_jko in console
  - Renamed several bots
  - Removed Luke Hoth bot: Warden
  - Added Ahsoka Tano bot: Aurorian
  - Added Ben Kenobi bot: Aurorian
  - Added Qui-Gon Jinn bot: Aurorian
  - Added Shaak Ti bot: Aurorian
  - Removed Yoda Ep.III bot: Aurorian
  - Removed Luke Pilot bot: Cardinal
  - Added Darth Malgus bot: Zealot
  - Added Palpatine bot: Zealot
  - Added Tavion Axmis bot: Zealot
  - Removed ARF Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Removed AT-RT Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Remove Swamp Trooper bot: Scout Trooper
  - Removed HK-47 (Old) bot: Assassin Droid
  - Revised Jedi/Sith botfiles
  - Removed the Aurorian personality botfile (used saber throw)
  - Renamed the Aurorian2 personality botfile to Aurorian
  - Removed the Zealot personality botfile (used saber throw)
  - Renamed the Zealot 2 personality botfile to Zealot
  - Revised Royal Guard weapon stats
  - Revised Tusken Raider weapon stats and katas
  - Revised Noghri Warrior weapon stats
  - Revised Yuuzhan Vong weapon stats
  - Renamed the Bryar Blaster Pistol to Dual Westar Pistols - its proper name for FM3
  - Fixed the dual sabers lunge attack kata glitch

I will be taking the time to test the new modifications more thoroughly within the following days before release to reduce the risk of needing to update the module as I did before with FM3RE v1.03.

Great things coming...

Blackwyrm

Hello friends and fellow Sith, I have some updates in regard to the status of FM3RE v1.04 to share with you all, but first, I must apologize for my recent absence here on these forums over this past weekend.

Going into this past weekend, I came down with a bad case of the flu and my sleep schedule has been completely out of whack as a result, but again, I sincerely apologize for my absence.

Since I was 'out' so to speak, I'm afraid that FM3RE v1.04 is unfortunately still unfinished.

However, I also have some good news to share with you all!

Although I must delay the release of v1.04 a bit further, I think that you all will be very pleased with the result. 

Recently, while I was updating player models, character icons and sounds, I decided to do a complete 'overhaul' in regard to the sounds!

While FM3RE's character sounds have certainly been up to par in terms of today's standards (in my opinion), there is still room for improvement, and as such, I have resolved to take on the challenge.

So, I will be dedicating my time throughout the next couple of weeks to modify FM3RE, test the new modifications extensively, and ensure that I release the best module I am capable of producing for you all to enjoy.

I will continue to update this post with any relevant information before the upcoming release.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused, and as always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends & fellow Sith,

Although I have yet to make an update post about the upcoming version, let me tell you, everyone is going to love the new changes.

FM3RE will be competitive with the best mods out there, comparable even.

I will save the great news for an upcoming post I am going to make, but I will say that the new version will be titled FM3RE v2.00

Great things coming...  :sun: 

Blackwyrm

Hey @@Blackwyrm^Heart happy to read that, I can't wait to see those changes, but I wonder if you are planning to make a release at JKHub files, Dropbox downloads are really slow (at least for me) ~30kbs

Hi Khan Katarn, I'm glad to hear that you're looking forward to the next release! Believe me, I am too haha  :D

In regard to releasing on JKHub files, FM3RE actually was on JKHub for v1.00 and v1.01, however, prior to the release of v1.02, the link for FM3RE at JKHub had been removed primarily because of concerns regarding permissions. And though I have always done my best to give full credit for all files used in FM3RE, there is much more that goes into it than just that.

After heavy contemplation for that matter at the time, I came to the decision that I would cease in pursuing approval for FM3RE at JKHub mostly because I just don't have the time or energy to go through the entire permissions process (considering the large number of developer content used in FM3RE). There's also a bit of politics involved in these sorts of things, which is to be expected of course.

Although it seemed like bad news at the time, and perhaps it was, I held and continue to hold no ill will against JKHub. It is the staff's job to make sure that every file uploaded meets policy standards for it to be approved and it is thanks to those staff members involved in my predicament at the time that I have been allowed to continue advertising FM3RE through their forums here, despite its approval issues.

The JKHub staff was extremely fair and professional throughout the entire affair, and they have my thanks for that  :winkthumb:

For more information regarding what had happened exactly, you can check out these links:

https://jkhub.org/topic/7415-fm3re-v102-release-information-fm3re-link-removal-from-jkhub/

https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/mbii-content-permissions-for-fm3re-hello-mbii-community.1615/#post-17849

I apologize for the long and drawn out explanation, but I figured that it would be helpful to mention what had happened back then so that if anyone else has concerns similar to yours in the future, they'll find their answer here.

If you would like to keep in touch with me on another platform, here's a link to my clan's forums:

http://s10.zetaboards.com/PHRG_Empire/index/

And, if you would like to find more information regarding FM3RE and/or my clan and it's past modules, here's a link to my clan's website:

http://www.phrgempire.com/

I'll make an update post for the upcoming version, FM3RE v2.00, sometime during the Summer season!

Please stay tuned, and may the force be with you  :sun:

Blackwyrm

• 4 months later...

Hello friends & fellow Sith, I hope you all have been enjoying FM3RE v1.03 thus far!

The purpose of my post today is to update you all on FM3RE's progress in recent months and inform you of my upcoming release, FM3RE v2.00  :)

First, I would like to sincerely apologize for my absence from these forums since late February and thank you all for your patience.

I had intended on releasing FM3RE v1.04 in early February, however, I chose to delay that release in order to further modify the module and test the new modifications made more thoroughly to avoid any further errors and future patches.

Eventually, after making extensive changes to FM3RE's botfiles, effects files, saber files, gfx files, menus, player models, weapons, shaders, sounds, and .ini files (botclasses, modelclass, and modelscale) I realized that the upcoming version (v1.04) was far larger in scale than any other update I had made prior - it was a complete overhaul for FM3RE.

Having shifted my focus from what was originally going to be a small update into a much larger one, I resolved to take this project as far as I could to release the best module I am capable of producing.

That module, is now titled FM3RE v2.00  :D

Although I have been absent from these forums in recent months, I have still continued updating and revising FM3RE in tandem with the newer releases here at JKHub to provide you all with the best experience possible upon FM3RE v2.00's release.

As of now, you can all expect FM3RE v2.00's release on 7/17  :winkthumb:

I will further update this post with a full listing of the new modifications in FM3RE v2.00 on 7/16, but until then, please stay tuned  :sun:

In closing, I have been very humbled by the support I have received from the JKHub community and various FM3 communities which I have been in contact with over the past years and I have you all to thank for FM3RE's progress - your continued support of FM3RE truly does keep me going.

Thank you all again for your patience, and may the force be with you all.

Always,

Blackwyrm

Hello friends & fellow Sith, I have great news!

I am very happy to report that FM3RE v2.00 has now reached its last stage of testing prior to its release  :sun: 

As promised, though albeit a day later than expected, I am finally ready to provide you with a full listing of the new modifications in FM3RE v2.00:

NEW MODIFICATIONS IN FM3RE V2.00

* Updated Bot Files
  - Updated bot selection: 77 quality bot options
  - Removed Droideka bot + Droideka personality botfile due to in-game performance issues
  - Revised Jedi/Sith personality botfiles

* Updated Effects
  - Added UltimateWeapons v1.3 weapon effects

* Updated NPCs
  - Updated NPC player models
  - Revised storm trooper NPC stats
  - Revised clone trooper NPC stats
  - Revised battle droid NPC stats

* Updated Saber Files
  - Revised Royal Guard weapon stats
  - Revised Noghri Warrior weapon stats
  - Revised Tusken Raider weapon stats and katas
  - Revised Yuuzhan Vong weapon stats
  - Reset Saberstaff saber lengths to *32*

* Updated Graphics (GFX) Files
  - Added Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith Revised Lightsaber Blades Revised modification
  - Added Ultimate Force Icons Mod v 2.01b graphics
  - Added UltimateWeapons v1.3 weapon graphics

* Updated Menus
  - Updated splash image
  - Updated loading screen images
  - Updated game console " ~ " image

* Updated Player Models
  - Updated player model selection: over 400 quality player model options
  - 204 default character options
  - 120 team blue character options
  - 120 team red character options
  - 14 customizable character options
  - Customizable character options encompass a variety of classes/factions

* Updated Weapons
  - Removed all three pre-existing backhand lightsaber hilts, then added them back in as standard single lightsaber hilts
  - Added HD-DL44 v1 Heavy Blaster Pistol modification
  - Added UltimateWeapons v1.3 weapon modifications

* Updated Shaders
  - Added Ultimate Force Icons Mod v 2.01b shaders
  - Added UltimateWeapons v1.3 weapon shaders

* Updated Sounds
  - Updated button1, choose_color/head/torso, escape, menuroam, and transition interface sounds
  - Updated respawn1, use_bacta, pickupenergy/health/shield item sounds
  - Updated jetpack sounds
  - Updated droideka_laster sounds

* Updated Player Model Sounds
  - Updated and revised all character sound folders
  - Implemented multiple player model sound directories per player model folder (when applicable)
  - Added FixedVChat modification

* Updated Weapon Sounds
  - Updated change, key_pkup, noammo, overchargeend/fast/loop/low, and w_pkup sounds
  - Added sabersoundsV1 modification
  - Added UltimateWeapons v1.3 weapon sounds

* Updated Strings
  - Renamed Bryar Blaster Pistol to Dual Westar Pistols (its proper name in FM3)
  - Edited lightsaber move descriptions
  - Edited main menu + in-game weapon descriptions with the UltimateWeapons v1.3 modification

* Updated Textures
  - Added Better Lightsaber caps v2 modification

* Updated UI Jamp Files
  - Revised in-game menus
  - Fixed in-game menu buttons

* Updated .ini Files
  - Revised botclasses.ini
  - Revised modelclass.ini
  - Revised modelscale.ini

* Updated FM3assets.pk3 Player Models
  - Updated FM3assets.pk3 player model selection: 50 quality player model options
  - 24 Jedi Academy (JKIII) character options
  - 26 VHRG Empire (Clan) character options

* Included readme-FM3assets Models.txt in the ForceMod_III folder
  - Details how players can access FM3assets.pk3 player models in-game via the game console " ~ "

* Introduced Ultimate ForceMod Combat (UFMC), a new game mode offered exclusively for ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor (FM3RE)
  - Added UFMC mini-menu button, allowing players to manually input their team information (player-created 9 unit squad)
  - All credit for the creation of UFMC and the new UFMC mini-menu button goes to my mentor, Venomous^Heart >:[

* Included readme-UFMC.txt in the ForceMod_III folder
  - Details VHRG's official UFMC play rules, game types, scoring description, and match rules

* Updated readme format

I hope you are all just as excited in seeing these new modifications come to fruition as I am, but until then, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends & fellow Sith, sorry to keep you waiting!

It is my pleasure to finally announce that FM3RE v2.00 is finally complete and will be released around 8 PM (CT) tonight  :winkthumb:

Additionally, I have updated my previous post to provide an updated listing of all of the new modifications in FM3RE v2.00 so that you know what to expect  :sun:

Thank you all for your patience and continued support throughout FM3RE v2.00's development, I truly appreciate it!

As always, may the force be with you all.

Blackwyrm