Kotor Conversion Mod

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not sure if this version will have this, but I really think the Kothos twins should be made into the Red and Blue dark Jedi, whereas all the gray dark-jedi and the Sith warriors (bald, armored guys) should actually be the cultists and reborn. Come to think of it, maybe some (officer) uniformed Sith could work too for added variety. Maybe even make them strength appropriate - cultist saber should be a standard Sith warrior or academy Sith trainee; blue reborn should be a dark Jedi, etc. or if you'll be using K2 assets as well, then make the cultists into Sith Assassins or something

• 1 month later...

here's my proof of concept video for adding audio from kotor into jedi academy

so here's what I did:

replaced the stone and metal footsteps with the ones that were used for the sith soldiers (i liked those more than the ones the player has)

gave saul some new damage and one new death noise from kotor 1

gave the sith officers their respective soundset from kotor 1

gave the nikto their respective soundsets from kotor 1 and 2

gave the sith assassin their respective soundset from kotor 2 (wasn't sure if the sith assassins would replace the saboteurs)

gave the pistol the pistol draw sound from kotor

gave the cloaking sound the ones from kotor (not shown in the video)

replaced the following force sounds:

force speed with an unused sound effect that was suppose to be for force speed in kotor

force drain with the death field and affliction sounds

force push with the force push sound from kotor

force jump with the force jump sound from kotor

force heal with the force heal sound from kotor (not shown in the video)

and yes, the ones not shown in the video do work as well

GPChannel and TheWhitePhoenix like this

added more new sounds

i also showed the sounds that weren't shown in the previous video

replaced the grass movement sounds with the ones from kotor (includes ones that weren't put in the final game)

replaced the rug, and dirt sounds with the ones from kotor (not in the video, couldn't find a map to show them off)

replaced the imperial heavy repeaters sounds with the heavy repeater/disruptor rifle from kotor

replaced the heavy repeaters alt fire sound with the power blast sound from kotor 2

replaced the explosion sound from the heavy repeater with the thermal detonator sound from kotor

replaced the heavy repeater hit_wall sound with a hit wall sound from the heavy repeater/disruptor from kotor

replaced the rocket launcher sound with the one from kotor 2 (i think it appears in the game in the form of mira's rocket laucher)

replaced the bowcasters sound with the bowcaster/ion blaster sound from kotor

replaced the bowcasters alt fire sound with the sonic blaster sound from kotor

replaced the grenade throw sounds with the one from kotor 1 (it appeared in the calo nord cantina cutscene)

replaced the grenade explosion sound with the frag grenade sound from kotor

replaced the lightsaber hit sounds from the ones from kotor

replaced the force protect sound with the force shield sound from kotor

replaced the force absorb sound with the force aura sound sound from kotor

replaced the mind trick sound with the ones from kotor (i believe they're unused)

replaced the force grip sound with the force choke sound from kotor

replaced the force lightning sound with the one from kotor

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

replaced the blaster sounds

blaster pistol replaced with the standard blaster pistol/rifle sound from kotor, the alt fire is replaced with the power blast sound from kotor

blaster rifle replaced with the ion blaster sound from kotor, alt fire replaced with the alt fire sounds with the power blast sound from kotor

bowcaster replaced with the sonic blaster sound from kotor, alt fire sound replaced with the sonic blaster power blast sound from kotor

repeater sound replaced with the heavy repeater/disruptor rifle sound from kotor, alt fire replaced with the power blast

sound from kotor and the explosion sound is replaced with the thermal detonator explosion sound from kotor

replaced the rocket launcher sound with the one from kotor 2

thermal detonator explosion sound replaced with the frag grenade explosion sound from kotor, throw sound is replaced with the one from kotor and the bounce sounds are replaced with the ones from kotor

replaced the lightsaber hit sounds with the ones from kotor

GPChannel and Droidy365 like this
  • 10 months later...

https://youtu.be/--fECEBiNhI

It's been 10 months since i've done anything with the audio assets I assembled for jedi academy. Recently, over the course of a few days, I went back to assemble something new since over the months I learned how to export voice line files from kotor 1 and 2. I downloaded a bunch of kotor models Jeff ported, took out their soundsets and modified them. I later applied them to the Crimelord Takedown mission by replacing Lannik Racto with Davik Kang, voice lines included with some of them spliced respectively. 

I also changed out the music with ones from kotor (specifically the ones from Davik's estate), the only thing that's missing are the battle suspense tracks which i hope to get working, i have kotor 2's with no problem but not kotor 1, good thing i had help with the music. Thanks to Lwkill for optimizing the music for jedi academy.

Keep in mind: This is not official

https://youtu.be/--fECEBiNhI

It's been 10 months since i've done anything with the audio assets I assembled for jedi academy. Recently, over the course of a few days, I went back to assemble something new since over the months I learned how to export voice line files from kotor 1 and 2. I downloaded a bunch of kotor models Jeff ported, took out their soundsets and modified them. I later applied them to the Crimelord Takedown mission by replacing Lannik Racto with Davik Kang, voice lines included with some of them spliced respectively. 

I also changed out the music with ones from kotor (specifically the ones from Davik's estate), the only thing that's missing are the battle suspense tracks which i hope to get working, i have kotor 2's with no problem but not kotor 1, good thing i had help with the music. Thanks to Lwkill for optimizing the music for jedi academy.

Keep in mind: This is not official

Huh, I don't remember Davik's first line, at all, not even the parts that make it up. :huh:

It is only now that I realize that the supposed Sith Language of Atris' holocrons in TSL was actually a recycling of the Nikto language! :facepalm:

Perhaps it would be a better idea to replace the assassin droids not with the HK's but with the Sentinel Droids or the Mark 1 assault droids? These guys at least have shields, because from what I've seen in the video, the HK's felt like pushovers, whereas the original assassin droids were made a challenge because of their shields. Another thing I'd fix, if you'd leave the HK's is to give them clanky walking sounds, like in KOTOR.

It would also be great to have a fully working KOTOR hud, because so far, the only working ones are the shield, heath and Force meters. It'd be cool to have the player icon in the appropriate place, and maybe show the saber styles, and selected weapon/ Force power... maybe remove the numeric value of heath/ Force meters. I realized that it's all in the future, but please don't forget about it, okay? ;)

Also, some of Davik's lines need more editing, though they already sound impressive.

I wonder: Are all bounty-hunters/ thugs/ mercenaries going to be Nikto and Duros? In both KOTORS there were Weequays, Rodians, Twi'leks, Grans and even a few Bith also.

Basil Bonehead likes this

some of Davik's lines were edited to make sense with the scenario but it's not all that noticable if you were to replay davik's estate from kotor. as for editing them a little more: i don't see anything else that i could edit to be completely honest

as for the nikto dialogue, they're probably the same voice actor but different lines

Didn't someone already do something like that where the HK's have those clanks for footsteps? also i don't think anyone has ported the mark 1 assault droid yet into jedi academy

I might swap out a few of them with bith, rodians and grans. thank god for the weequay NPC which can allow me to add all of them in if i wanted to, lol

I'm considering swapping out the nikto (who replace the human mercs) with the derrick character (who resembles the mercenaries from kotor 2)

i'm also surprised the guy who made the kotor 2 hud didn't makes a kotor 1 version yet. i'd be shocked if he could get the features to work to resemble the kotor HUD's

some of Davik's lines were edited to make sense with the scenario but it's not all that noticable if you were to replay davik's estate from kotor. as for editing them a little more: i don't see anything else that i could edit to be completely honest

as for the nikto dialogue, they're probably the same voice actor but different lines

Didn't someone already do something like that where the HK's have those clanks for footsteps? also i don't think anyone has ported the mark 1 assault droid yet into jedi academy

I might swap out a few of them with bith, rodians and grans. thank god for the weequay NPC which can allow me to add all of them in if i wanted to, lol

I'm considering swapping out the nikto (who replace the human mercs) with the derrick character (who resembles the mercenaries from kotor 2)

i'm also surprised the guy who made the kotor 2 hud didn't makes a kotor 1 version yet. i'd be shocked if he could get the features to work to resemble the kotor HUD's

Well, in some areas it's clearly obvious Davik's lines were edited/ spliced - they cut too fast or too abruptly. Maybe add a small pause between them, or something?

I'm not sure if someone already made the clanking HK walk sounds for JKA, but I'm pretty sure I've heard them in one of the KOTORs.

Yeah, nobody ported the Mark I, and I guess that would require a special skeleton, and animations too. A pity.

If I remember correctly the merc/ bounty hunter/ thug .npc files all have several entries for different kinds of characters (Rodian with E-11 and Rodian with Disruptor; Merc thug and Merc officer; Gran boxer and Gran grenadier; etc.) - plenty of space to go round.

Derrick? What Derrick? :huh:

Is the K2 hud you used in the last video the same one that's been uploaded on here so long ago? If so, I doubt we'll get an update. :D

Basil Bonehead likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, in some areas it's clearly obvious Davik's lines were edited/ spliced - they cut too fast or too abruptly. Maybe add a small pause between them, or something?

I'm not sure if someone already made the clanking HK walk sounds for JKA, but I'm pretty sure I've heard them in one of the KOTORs.

Yeah, nobody ported the Mark I, and I guess that would require a special skeleton, and animations too. A pity.

If I remember correctly the merc/ bounty hunter/ thug .npc files all have several entries for different kinds of characters (Rodian with E-11 and Rodian with Disruptor; Merc thug and Merc officer; Gran boxer and Gran grenadier; etc.) - plenty of space to go round.

Derrick? What Derrick? :huh:

Is the K2 hud you used in the last video the same one that's been uploaded on here so long ago? If so, I doubt we'll get an update. :D

I could, dunno. My worry is that it’ll feel unnatural especially with the fast delivery of the voice lines by Davik’s voice actor

I think the HK in Abroms kotor pack includes the clanking for HK, I’ll have to check

As I thought: I hope someone does. If we can get working droidikas in Jedi academy then we should be able to get a mk1 assault droid lol. In the meantime I have an idea as a substitute. If not I’ll just modify it with the cultist class because the asassin droid class doesn’t work on the HK’s

The Rodians are no problem, the human mercs are kind of pointless since they’re rarely used but I do plan on replacing them. Why do I say this: because there are NPC’s that are unused. Since I posted the last post I replaced the nikto (that replace the mercs) and replaced them with the kotor 2 mercs using Derrick (derrick being the pmhc4 (I think that’s the head name) and using the heavy combat armor) and making a custom sound set for them. For the bowcaster and repeater users I gave them a vibrosword. I plan on doing something similar for the concussion rifle merc but instead have him being a mandalorian or a kotor merc like the rest with him either: keeping the concussion rifle or give him a rocker launcher or a vibrosword. It’s now only the weequay that are the nikto. Them and the e11 using rodians.

Yes the hud i’m using the kotor 2 hud. Also what’s going on with that, this HUD could use a good refining.

Smoo likes this