Arcann And Thexan

Just download the pack, extract the "players" folder and browse through the models.....I combined them into a single model and individual icons so I can choose either version form the same model.

TFlhzYy.jpg

FYI, the models are already merged and have custom icons too. Although they don't have the jka style icons, I just need a decent soundset for both of them now, they currently have generic ones.

The Punisher likes this

FYI, the models are already merged and have custom icons too. Although they don't have the jka style icons, I just need a decent soundset for both of them now, they currently have generic ones.

Yeah, when I said I combined them I mean a single folder...in the pack there is a separate "Thexan" folder with some textures, so I moved the textures to the Arcann folder and created the individual skin files/icons for single player. Just need to make the NPCs but that's no big deal.

Penekowski likes this

Yeah, when I said I combined them I mean a single folder...in the pack there is a separate "Thexan" folder with some textures, so I moved the textures to the Arcann folder and created the individual skin files/icons for single player. Just need to make the NPCs but that's no big deal.

Strange, i have looked through the files and couldn't find anything.

R4QEG.gif

Err....are you sure youbhave the right model and textures? The glm is perfectly compatible with their textures. See my screenshot.

You shouldn't need to type anything as everything is already there. The only thing I did was reorganize the entries a little better (I like to organize the files in 3 sections: head, torso and lower body).

To play in regular JA (non-movie duels), you need to rename the files to "model_xyz.skin". At least one file should be named " model_default.skin". In my case I used model_default.skin for Arcann and model_Thexan.skin for Thexan. You also need an icon file matching the file name.

For single player you need a skin file for the head, another for the torso and another for the lower body (that's why I like to organize the model skin files this way).

You can download any model with SP support and use it as guide to name the files.

Err....are you sure youbhave the right model and textures? The glm is perfectly compatible with their textures. See my screenshot.

You shouldn't need to type anything as everything is already there. The only thing I did was reorganize the entries a little better (I like to organize the files in 3 sections: head, torso and lower body).

To play in regular JA (non-movie duels), you need to rename the files to "model_xyz.skin". At least one file should be named " model_default.skin". In my case I used model_default.skin for Arcann and model_Thexan.skin for Thexan. You also need an icon file matching the file name.

For single player you need a skin file for the head, another for the torso and another for the lower body (that's why I like to organize the model skin files this way).

You can download any model with SP support and use it as guide to name the files.

Oh wait, do you have the 1.6 pack? I only have the 1.6.1 pack.

It's only the 1.6.1 version, and somehow all the links don't contain model.glm files. :mellow:

Nope, is the full package. There are 2 links, one for the entire updated package (about 800MBs) that includes everything and one with just an update (about 14MBs) for the previous 1.6 with just some texture. I think you are downloading just the update.

Also,, is a REPLACEMENT pack, as I said in my original post,

Just download the pack, extract the "players" folder and browse through the models.....I combined them into a single model and individual icons so I can choose either version form the same model.

You have to browse through the models and find which models it REPLACES, then "combine" them to make the whole model. Is easy if you look at the model icons.

This is the reason why i hate replacements, addons are much better. :mellow:

ATuyiEN.jpg

You have the wrong model (glm file). You can see it in the tunic collar and sleeves as well as in the lower part of the tunic (skirt like).

I agree add-on are better, but until yesterday I had no idea what Peneke pack was. I installed MB2 once (a long time ago) but it wasn't for me and didn't lasted 30 minutes on my drive.

But when I read Arcann and Thexan were in Peneke's pack, I did a search and got directed to the MB2 page. I was still lost so I went to the downloads area but nothing about the pack was there. Next I went to the forums and searched...and there it was. I downloaded it and started browsing through it but wasn't that easy so I unpacked everything.

I saw some folders had graphic files with nothing else while others had the opposite.

I checked each folder and set the view to large icons. That way I saw the icons of which model should be on the folder. I also checked the skin files to check where the associated textures should be.

In less than an hour I had an idea how it worked and started moving the folders I was interested to a temporary folder and started putting all the pieces together. I put together Arcann/Thexan, Kota and a couple other models I liked it, and added SP Support in less than 2 hours total time.

bigphil2695 likes this

You have the wrong model (glm file). You can see it in the tunic collar and sleeves as well as in the lower part of the tunic (skirt like).

I agree add-on are better, but until yesterday I had no idea what Peneke pack was. I installed MB2 once (a long time ago) but it wasn't for me and didn't lasted 30 minutes on my drive.

But when I read Arcann and Thexan were in Peneke's pack, I did a search and got directed to the MB2 page. I was still lost so I went to the downloads area but nothing about the pack was there. Next I went to the forums and searched...and there it was. I downloaded it and started browsing through it but wasn't that easy so I unpacked everything.

I saw some folders had graphic files with nothing else while others had the opposite.

I checked each folder and set the view to large icons. That way I saw the icons of which model should be on the folder. I also checked the skin files to check where the associated textures should be.

In less than an hour I had an idea how it worked and started moving the folders I was interested to a temporary folder and started putting all the pieces together. I put together Arcann/Thexan, Kota and a couple other models I liked it, and added SP Support in less than 2 hours total time.

2 hours?!

200.gif#41