Snapshot of front view & icon spec

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

Hello,

I'm beginner and I created player model based on the force unleashed model.

I would like to know the following, and I'd love some reply. :)

-Snapshot of front view in game
 I can take back shot or multiple bot players. is there any controls, commands or tools? 

-Icon spec of player model
 type:jpg, size:128x128? is there any restrictions?

Thank you,

Icon stuff you have written there is good. You may experience issues such as the game crashing when you try to play your character if you use jpgs for your icons or texture files. There's a specific reason to this which is written in another thread here which I can't remember, but it can be solved if you use png's with the default settings on Photoshop when you save it out. :) (Compression: Smallest / Slow  -  Interlace: None

ooeJack

As far as character in-game screenshots go, you may want to play around with the various cg_thirdperson console commands (to open the console, press Shift + Tilde, the key generally on the left of the 1 key), which allow you to set the distance of the camera from the player (cg_thirdpersonRange <number>), rotate the view angle (cg_thirdpersonAngle <number>), and alter its height (cg_thirdpersonVertOffset <number>). You may also want to disable the HUD, which you can do with the command cg_draw2D 0. When you're satisfied with the camera angles, you can then take a screenshot using the command bind <key> screenshot, and pressing that key.

Oh that's what you meant. I didn't get what you meant with your first point, yasuakiNk. Ramikad's got some good pointers there.

You can also use the command /cg_ThirdPersonCameraDamp 0.  Default is 0.3. What that does is keep the camera where you left it when you entered that command. It'll still point at your character where ever you go, but it won't move from its position. :)

ooeJack

ooeJack,Ramikad: Thank you very much for your reply.  :)

This problem was resolved thanks to your support.

In case of GIMP, default setting of export adds some option. (Optimisation, progressive, comment etc) If icon file is added these options, JKA occurs error. The console message is "Requested feature was omitted at compile time."

cg_thirdPersonxxxx commands are good in single player. However, in multiplayer mode, these commands return message is "cg_thirdpersonxxxx is cheat protected."

How do you replace the mod player in single mode?

• Solution
ooeJack,Ramikad: Thank you very much for your reply.  :)

This problem was resolved thanks to your support.
In case of GIMP, default setting of export adds some option. (Optimisation, progressive, comment etc) If icon file is added these options, JKA occurs error. The console message is "Requested feature was omitted at compile time."

cg_thirdPersonxxxx commands are good in single player. However, in multiplayer mode, these commands return message is "cg_thirdpersonxxxx is cheat protected."

How do you replace the mod player in single mode?

You have two options here: if you want to take screenshots in MP you can simply open the console and enter /devmapall <mapname> - you won't be able to play with anyone else than bots, but that way the camera console commands won't be protected anymore. I think you'll have to type the same command in SP to unlock the camera commands, so either devmapall <mapname> (without the "/" key, console commands won't work in SP if preceded by that key unlike MP) or, when already in a map, helpusobi 1. To change player model in SP you'll have to enter the console command playermodel <modelname> <skin> <skin> <skin> (perhaps playermodel <modelname> <skin> would suffice, but I'm not sure), respectively the .skin files for head, torso and legs. For example: playermodel kyle model_default model_default model_default.

Hey dude, that's looking pretty good! Well done!

I notice that your characters left and right arm are this grey and white colour. This problem usually occurs because those segments of the character are missing their textures. Either missing them entirely (no texture for the arms exist at all), or that they are incorrectly or not at all mentioned in the .skin file. Check the spelling etc. within your .skin file. :)

Pro-tip with imgur: Once the upload is finished, you can right click on the image, and click "Open link in new tab" or "Open link in new window". What that'll do, is instead of having the image presented as an album, it'll be presented as just that individual image. I probably should have mentioned that in my previous post. :P

Again. Good job.

ooeJack