Warzone renderer for JKG - Download Links.

So, I decided to port the renderer from my Warzone mod to JKG for you all.

You can now enjoy JKG with a modern graphics engine.

:D 

4GDZT4r.jpg

fnFIZ2Q.jpg

U6CLXU9.jpg

RmRigil.jpg

Here is the latest version (update 3 - for 1.3.22a) download link for the warzone renderer version.

Here is the older version (update 2) download link for the warzone renderer version.

Here is the original version download link for the warzone renderer version.

Installation:

To enable the warzone renderer, use +set cl_renderer "rd-gwz" in your game loading shortcut/script.

To disable the warzone renderer, use +set cl_renderer "rd-galaxies" in your game loading shortcut/script.

It will connect to standard JKG servers.

NOTES:

* The warzone renderer requires a powerful, modern computer and video card.

* I will try to keep it updated with new updates of JKG, unless they decide to adopt the renderer themselves.

USEFUL CVARS:

r_dynamicLight - [0 - 6] Enables the various lighting modes.

0 - Off.

1 - Low quality volumetric.

2 - Medium quality volumetric.

3 - High quality volumetric.

4 - Low quality volumetric plus map glows.

5 - Medium quality volumetric plus map glows.

6 - High quality volumetric plus map glows.

Default: 0

r_distanceBlur - [0 - 5] distance blur.

0 - Off.

1 - Basic (fast). values above 1 do higher quality gausian blurs.

Default: 1.

r_glslWater - [0 - 2] Do advanced water. Turn it off if you have map issues.

0 - Off.

1 - Use advanced water.

2 - Use advanced water with reflections.

Default: 2.

r_ssao - [0 - 1] Screen space shadows.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

Default: ON.

r_magicdetail - [0 - 1] Adds more detail to the scene.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_colorCorrection - [0 - 1] Uses a palette texture (gfx/palette.png) to alter the screen colors, like ENB does in say Skyrim. 

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_fxaa - [0 - 1] FXAA Anti-Aliasing.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_esharpening - [0 - 1] Sharpen's the screen image's pixels, adding more detail to the screen.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

Default: OFF.

r_esharpening2 - [0 - 1] Sharpen's the screen image's pixels, adding more detail to the screen. A second method.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_darkexpand - [0 - 1] Darkens edges of objects, and does some Anti-Aliasing.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_truehdr -  [0 - 1] Darkens dark colors and lightens light colors to mimic HDR.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_dynamicGlow -  [0 - 1] Adds glows around glowing objects.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_bloom -  [0 - 1] Adds extra glows around glowing objects.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_anamorphic -  [0 - 1] Adds anamorphic lens flares to glowing objects.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_dof -  [0 - 1] Depth of Field. Mimic's a camera lens by dynamically blurring background objects.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_lensflare -  [0 - 1] Draws a lens flare when looking at a bright object.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_vibrancy - [any values] Adjusts the colorfulness of the screen image.

Higher values are more colorful. Negative values remove color.

Default: 0.4.

r_trueAnaglyph -  [0 - 1] For Red/Blue 3D glasses. Draws the screen in true depth based 3D.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_deferredLighting -  [0 - 1] Turn ON/OFF lighting and occlusion. Not sure why anyone would turn it off.

0 - Off. 

1 - On.

r_cubeMapping -  [0 - 2] Turn ON/OFF cube mapping (reflections). Disable this if you have FPS issues.

0 - Off. 

1 - On for map and Ghoul2 models.

2 - On for everything.

Default: 2.

r_foliagePasses -  [0 to whatever] Number of passes to draw grasses. More passes means more/better grass at the cost of more FPS.

0 - Off. 

Default: 16.

I have also uploaded a version of the huge warzone ilum_mmo map for you to play on.

NOTE: It requires the warzone renderer to be active to load.

3tOBM7Q.jpg

Enjoy!

This is definitely an interesting experiment and a testament to open source development. :D

It might be adopted in the future as a base for the Phase 2 graphics enhancements.

I have some questions for you about this renderer:

• What does Magic Detail do?
  • Is there a chance for color-grading (LUT/Math methods), perhaps tied to specific postprocessing volumes?
  • Could you possibly look into animMap shaders working in 2D? I understand that EpicLoyd is working on Awesomium for Warzone, but having to manually animate things through code is a pain.

Thank you. Keep up the good work!

Sentra likes this

This is definitely an interesting experiment and a testament to open source development. :D

It might be adopted in the future as a base for the Phase 2 graphics enhancements.

I have some questions for you about this renderer:

• What does Magic Detail do?
  • Is there a chance for color-grading (LUT/Math methods), perhaps tied to specific postprocessing volumes?
  • Could you possibly look into animMap shaders working in 2D? I understand that EpicLoyd is working on Awesomium for Warzone, but having to manually animate things through code is a pain.

Thank you. Keep up the good work!

Hmm magic detail is sort of hard to explain. It sort of creates bumpiness/variation on the screen image by darkening and lightening pixels based on the detected edges around it. I invented the method for my ENB mod for skyrim and ported it to warzone. It tends to improve everything a little, but the more detailed the original texture (eg: a high resolution original texture with good detail), the more detailed the effect becomes. It really needs to be seen ingame to understand.

In theory color grading could be done in lightall, but that is not really advised as it draws a lot of stuff never seen in the final image (stomped over by something else). I guess I could output a 4th LUT map image in lightall to tell it to use a specific palette or LUT code in post on screen areas, but even that would hurt FPS somewhat. Another option might be to allow per-map palettes, so by using selected colors in textures, the single palette texture would handle them differently.

I think animMap should work now with 2D in rend2/wz? I don't think rend2 cares if its 3D or 2D? Xycaleth?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...