Gorc Animation Set

I thought I would break this off into it's own topic so that @@Psyk0Sith can use the other solely for the artwork for the "brothers". I also figured that thread would get way too long to sort through if I started adding to it with the custom animations.

I'm going to have to do a lot of animations before the character will be considered working. Once I have all the basic movements covered I might start testing in game since the FPS in SI and in game can vary.

Here's the current walk cycle.

bAG0Spe.gif

Saber stance.

QJSNtLu.png

Force push, there are frames to this but it's so short, it essentially starts from the saber stance to this.

bPFUpSt.png

Now that I've figured out how to render GIF images from Softimage I'll probably post sequences that way.

Yeah, I'm not going to make any acrobatic moves or even a run animation. He will have jump animations but no flips and they'll be very heavy landings. He will be able to crouch but no rolling. I've already got a great flourish animation in mind but not sure about special moves. His style will be mainly heavy 1 handed swings, he'll fight more like a juggernaut rather than a fencer.

Is there a way to turn off an NPC using the acrobatic animations? If not, there will be a lot of baseposing in-game.

I suppose you could give him something like CLASS_SABER_DROID as a template for the NPC file? They're immune to knockdown and, IIRC, don't use any acrobatics.

That's presuming classes only dictate behaviour within any animation set and don't need to be tied to a particular animation list.

Classes do define what animations are used but the only problem is the naming of bones and tags used must match. Ramikad's solution will probably work best, if not I'll just add lines for the acrobatic moves in the animation.cfg file and simply use frames for the normal jump to be used. I guess though if someone in coding is experienced enough a new class could be made.

Maybe just a tweaked human AI, like Tavion, Alora and Kyle are altered. He won't really have any commands out of the ordinary, the main difference will be the saber style which I thought could be implemented as a new style rather than possibly causing naming conflicts with an existing one. Other than that, remove the ability to do acrobatics which has already been mentioned and IF we get so far maybe, MAYBE add something unique, like a special attack but that should be reserved for if we get him working.

This guy shouldn't be too far out of the ability of any coder in the community, now Maw on the other hand might be a challenge to pull off...

• 2 weeks later...

I know I've been quiet but I'm still working on this, got some blocks and a few other force powers done. Mainly lately I've been working on scripting more controls to automate the roll division bones (the ones you see in the middle of the biceps, forearms and thighs) so that they make the arms and legs twist more smoothly without having to actually move them.

Psyk0Sith and DT85 like this

I don't think he added them for the following reasons:

-He doesn't talk except wiggle his ears *i think*

-You wouldn't see anything move with that helmet, except visible portions of the lips: the head itself is partially modeled, there's nothing under the helmet! :o

-No eyelid meshes have been made (easy to add if needed)

I don't think he added them for the following reasons:

-He doesn't talk except wiggle his ears *i think*

-You wouldn't see anything move with that helmet, except visible portions of the lips: the head itself is partially modeled, there's nothing under the helmet! :o

-No eyelid meshes have been made (easy to add if needed)

In my opinion, I think a few bones should be added to allow some facial expressions... like snorting/flaring nostrils.  Also, the lower jaw portion of the helmet should allow for some lip/mouth expressions-- like grunting and roaring (which would be very intimidating to a player)... so he needs a mouth cavity and teeth/mini-tusks.

@@Psyk0Sith nailed it. No ones going to be able to even take the time to see if his face is doing anything when he and Pic are trying to kill them.

Rigging the face felt very unnecessary for a character that doesn't talk and any facial expressions wouldn't even be noticed by the player.

So he does not even grimace or yell out in pain when hit by a lightsaber? Or when he has a limb dismembered? Or make any sounds at all during his death? I find that odd.

I added eyelids but no jaw because NO ONE is going to notice the mouth move, it's going to be so subtle and they're going to be more focused on that long ass saber swinging around.

Also, you'd have to CONFIRM that the jaw bone would animate when the character is hurt because I've never noticed any mouth movement during fighting and I was a very active MP player (SP sucks so bad for saber fighting).

Psyk0Sith likes this