Two questions about Frankenstein & animations

Hello everyone!

Thanks to Maui's tutorial I was able to work on my first Frankenstein model  :)  It works perfectly ingame but there's a tiny problem: when I use this model as a playermodel in 3rd person, NPCs won't look straight at me, they are looking slightly down. When I switch to first person though, NPCs look at me in the eyes. When I spawn the model as an NPC, it looks in the air. It's not much but it's kinda silly, anyone knows the problem?

The only thing I can think of is that I used Kyle's belt and moved it a bit lower so that it looks better, could that be the cause?

I made a few tests with Modview and managed to experiment some things with animations. I was wondering if it was possible to alter the running/walking animation so that the character always holds some weapons (in this case the E11, Disruptor and DEMP2) with two hands while moving (like in multiplayer, if I remember correctly)? I don't really get how the weaponready or weaponidle animations work... I'm asking because I'd like to change the ugly pistol stance with the cool one from Movie Battles II...

Tags aka bolts, are the triangle objects that are placed "inside" the model to indicate specific areas, which can be used to define a bounding box or a bolt-on target. The sabers are bolted to the players hands using tags for example, so the game knows exactly where to place the  hilt. The orientation and placement of the tag has an effect on the orientation of the bolted object, hence the need to NOT mess around with their orientation.

Tags are little triangular planes that are used for determining positioning of objects in the game. For instance, humanoid models will have tags for each hand that lightsaber hilts or guns can be bolted to. If you import the stormtrooper model into Blender and look at the model_root_0 hierarchy, you can find the left hand tag. You probably won't be able to see it unless you go to the object tab and turn on x-ray view for that object. Like in this screenshot:

Untitled-1_zpsvyxyumlk.jpg

I believe all tags are named starting with a *, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Or yeah, what Psyk0Sith said.

Another question about animations: I checked the tutorial to combine sequences in Modview, but once I combined some of them is there a way to make the combined animation usable in game? Or is it just for preview?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking the liberty to ask again about animations: I never liked how the characters seem to be running/walking casually with some weapons in hand, so I'd like to know how I can "lock" the "weaponidle" stance while moving? This concerns the pistol, E11, disruptor and Demp 2, the others are OK. I've been fiddling with the animation.cfg file but to no avail :/