[Released] JKGalaxies 1.2.2a Preview Patch

Merry Christmas! I hope all of you are well.

Today will be an unofficial test version for 1.2.2, dubbed 1.2.2a. This is a new format that I'm trying out to hopefully make scrimmage matches a bit smoother.

Install this as you would any other version - it's intentionally backwards compatible with 1.2.1, meaning that 1.2.1 players will be able to play on 1.2.2a without issues, and vice versa. You will need 1.2.1 installed, and you install this version on top of that, like a patch (if you patched from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1, you get the idea).

Please let me reiterate, this is a TEST version. There will be no scrimmage matches held on this version. However you can still play on 1.2.1 servers with this patch installed.

For the full changelog, follow this link.

I'm hoping that maybe @@ooxavenue can set up a server with this version and have some folks try it out before I pull the trigger on a 1.2.2 release.

Specifically, I anticipate that this patch should fix the thermal detonator crash bug, and also allow Mac releases to work correctly (just double click the app to launch it - if @@Circa or @@Seven could give it a shot, that would be fab)

Obligatory tag of people that I would like to test this: @@Silverfang ; @@Darth Futuza ; @@Pande

Also, there are a lot of cheat commands added in this patch too, maybe to give some people like @@Stoiss a good reason to try it out ;)

Download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46626270/jkgalaxies-clientpatch-v1.2.2a.zip

Smoo and Stoiss like this

can you hook a bro up with source you used to build the binarys, my server is kinda picky and i have to build with 32 bit and all the internal dependencys (except SDL), im guessing its whats on the latest dev branch, kinda sucks that the next 2 weekends are xmas and new years lol, but i think we should plan on the 7th for an official test.

Also eez, maybe we can make a 2ndary distribution method via the launcher, one day we need to voip and ill show you how to update the launcher server, there's a few steps to properly generate a manifest, and i can hook you up with that launchers source so you can optimize for JKG if need be.

I just need to have the balls to release it on the hub one day lol

can you hook a bro up with source you used to build the binarys, my server is kinda picky and i have to build with 32 bit and all the internal dependencys (except SDL), im guessing its whats on the latest dev branch, kinda sucks that the next 2 weekends are xmas and new years lol, but i think we should plan on the 7th for an official test.

Also eez, maybe we can make a 2ndary distribution method via the launcher, one day we need to voip and ill show you how to update the launcher server, there's a few steps to properly generate a manifest, and i can hook you up with that launchers source so you can optimize for JKG if need be.

I just need to have the balls to release it on the hub one day lol

This is not what's on the develop branch, it's what's on current master head.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth I've never had any single "no assets detected" (or any other) error just after I made a brand new folder elsewhere like this:

- Jedi Knight Galaxies

- base

- assets0-3.pk3

- jkgalaxies

- exe + dlls

- JKG

- assets + dlls

- glua

- server

eezstreet and Smoo like this

Why would I need to copy the assets? That seems kinda silly.

I'm just doing what you people are telling me to do. I also just figured it would run like OpenJK and JAE do.

Launching from the jkgalaxies folder gives the "Failed to load renderer" error.

Why would I need to copy the assets? That seems kinda silly.

I'm just doing what you people are telling me to do. I also just figured it would run like OpenJK and JAE do.

Launching from the jkgalaxies folder gives the "Failed to load renderer" error.

I just move them from GameData/Base to Jedi Knight Galaxies/Base whenever needed. Aside from that, I can tell that system is working fine for me.