Rogue One - Vader's Bast Castle (Request)

Hey everyone just want to make a request. I have just seen Rogue One and I really loved it and some of the locations (one in particular) interested me a lot.

(WARNING: If you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers, please do not read on.)

Okay, so the one I saw (which I was so excited to see because it's actually apart of the Legends and the JKIII game) was Bast Castle on Mustafar, Vader's sanctuary which he goes to meditate and/or

try to heal himself. In the original canon, it was based on the acid rain planet of Vjun. However I preferred this change to Mustafar and even the exterior and interior looks better, darker and more detailed.

I really would love to explore this as a map and I do believe someone will make it eventually.

Anyone interested to make it please comment as I'd like to hear your ideas.

Thanks for listening and may the Force be with you.

P.s I know we can't really get a good idea of the interiors/designs properly until the film comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray, but I am willing to wait by then, as long as it gets made!

BenSolo

Even the topic of the thread is a minor spoiler, lol.

The round platform seems very close to a Bespin carbonite pad. The angular design in the doors would be pretty straight forward. There are several different mappers here that are good with fog effects for the void around the platform. I could see it being a good two room duel map when people get suitable reference materials.

BenSolo likes this

Sample from The Empire Strikes Back concept art and Rogue One concept art (art shows early ideas of Bast Castle originally being located around lava.) Bast Castle was meant to be in Empire Strikes Back, but the idea got scrapped. Until Legends, and now in Rogue One also  :)

vader-castle-concept-empire.jpg

rkega2emegtn1bgvarav.jpg

Mustafar is such a better location anyway, given Vader's past.  Makes sense for the Emperor to want to 'imprison' him there and always have him reminded of how much of a failure he is.  Gotta keep that darkside aura up.  Agree this would be pretty cool, I'd like more info on it though - maybe they'll release an interior map/diagram in a few months.

BenSolo and ZanderNao like this

JKG Developer

Mustafar is such a better location anyway, given Vader's past.  Makes sense for the Emperor to want to 'imprison' him there and always have him reminded of how much of a failure he is.  Gotta keep that darkside aura up.  Agree this would be pretty cool, I'd like more info on it though - maybe they'll release an interior map/diagram in a few months.

Wow, I believe you're misinterpreting it greatly IMO.

Vader's Castle on Mustafar was to me; a sign of him owning what happened to him on Mustafar and maturation- it's a location in which the Emperor doesn't have a place.

Vader's Castle on Mustafar was to me; a sign of him owning what happened to him on Mustafar and maturation- it's a location in which the Emperor doesn't have a place.

I doubt the Emperor would ever knowingly allow Vader that much free leash, especially if such a location were to remind Vader of his independence.  If anything its a painful reminder of how he failed both Padme and how Obiwan betrayed and beat him.  The Emperor keeps Vader on a tight chain and neither trusts nor values him.

BenSolo likes this

JKG Developer

I doubt the Emperor would ever knowingly allow Vader that much free leash, especially if such a location were to remind Vader of his independence.  If anything its a painful reminder of how he failed both Padme and how Obiwan betrayed and beat him.  The Emperor keeps Vader on a tight chain and neither trusts nor values him.

I'd say their dynamic is much different in Legends than Canon honestly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

according to the Art of Rogue One which is an official source for canon, it was entirely the Emperor's idea to keep him there as a reminder of where he shed the skin of Anakin and became Darth Vader - constantly surrounded by torment. in fact the specific location was deliberately chosen because it was built on the top on-top of Ancient Sith Ruins which is just ripe for exploration in the new canon.