Noodle's WIP Zone

That's a pretty cool idea, actually. Also, I noticed the droid had an imperial skin - will there be any game mechanics involving disguises? IMO that would be awesome lol.

Yes! It was no accident that the droid had an imperial skin :)

Yes! It was no accident that the droid had an imperial skin :)

That's awesome! I wonder how that would work :)

Also, follower ideas with crappy descriptions - I'm sure you can come up with something for their descriptions:

Xanathe Bulthner: A Noghri warrior that looks kinda sciencey, if you know what I mean by that. He'd wear a sort of coat and goggles, use a Noghri Stick, a disruptor and may or may not have a cloaking device. You'd probably have to edit the weapons menu.

Kara Starfallen: A badass female Mandalorian. I would probably use Ruusaan from this mod and provide credit: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1470-skirata-mandalorian/

She'd have a repeater, a blaster and a disruptor. May or may not have a jet-pack.

That's all for now. Also, I kinda like @@Ramikad's idea, too - you don't see Dafels too often.

@@Noodle great addition as ever! I'd suggest maybe adding two extra elements to the skin changer UI: the name of the skin and x/y (y being total possible number of skins for this character). these would probably look the most ergonomic underneath the 'Change Skin' text/button. of course, if none of this is possible then feel free to ignore my craziness :P.

It's always good to see some feedback! I wasn't able to respond earlier because I've been awfully ill, but now I feel much better!

A Defel, perhaps? They are nearly invisible in shadowy areas, and could have some use for stealth missions.

I don't think there's a defel model available for JA, but I definitely like the idea of stealth missions, stealthy characters and alien looking companions! It could also open the opportunity to explore stealth based enemies. 

That's awesome! I wonder how that would work  :)

Also, follower ideas with crappy descriptions - I'm sure you can come up with something for their descriptions:

Xanathe Bulthner: A Noghri warrior that looks kinda sciencey, if you know what I mean by that. He'd wear a sort of coat and goggles, use a Noghri Stick, a disruptor and may or may not have a cloaking device. You'd probably have to edit the weapons menu.

Kara Starfallen: A badass female Mandalorian. I would probably use Ruusaan from this mod and provide credit: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1470-skirata-mandalorian/

She'd have a repeater, a blaster and a disruptor. May or may not have a jet-pack.

That's all for now. Also, I kinda like @@Ramikad's idea, too - you don't see Dafels too often.

I really like those names! Though I must ask if it would be immersion breaking to have a scientist-like character that belongs to a primitive race like the noghri. I'm sure I can add those weapons to an NPC without having to edit the weapons menu though :)

I'd like to add a Mandalorian, but I'd be interesting if she was different to what we've seen so far. She would still be a badass warrior, but If I could, I'd avoid giving her a jetpack and the traditional boba-fett like armor (or have it be some unlockable skin later, as a way to encourage the player to develop his followers). I think there's a lot of potential in a character like that. 

My mod is set in the age of the empire, so I must also figure out how to incorporate certain characters in a believable way! Think about the followers in KOTOR, they all had a life previous to meeting the MC, so in the same way I must ask what would your characters be doing before meeting the player? 

@@Noodle great addition as ever! I'd suggest maybe adding two extra elements to the skin changer UI: the name of the skin and x/y (y being total possible number of skins for this character). these would probably look the most ergonomic underneath the 'Change Skin' text/button. of course, if none of this is possible then feel free to ignore my craziness  :P.

Everything is possible, the sky is the limit! I'll try to add those suggestions soon! 

Wow very nice. Let me know which follower ideas you settle on and I'll try to come up with some models for them.

Good to read! If there's someone who can mix the aesthetics of JA and Star Wars it's you. 

Penekowski likes this
~snip~

True, no Defel around, although there are some old werewolf models that could serve as a base for it. Defels are essentially shadowy werewolves anyway ;)

A Defel character IMO should also be only available as a reward of some sorts, as it would be too convenient to place him in a dark corner and take care of all the enemies unseen.

As for the Noghri, it depends. Honoghr had some technical stations and spaceports where repairs could be made, so they did have some understanding of technology, but from the books it looks like they didn't have too complex biological or chemistry scientifical notions.

And if we want to keep it in line with the way Noghri names generally go, a more fitting name would be Xanathe (Xanath? Their names generally don't end with vowels) of clan Bulth'ner.

Noodle likes this

I really like those names! Though I must ask if it would be immersion breaking to have a scientist-like character that belongs to a primitive race like the noghri. I'm sure I can add those weapons to an NPC without having to edit the weapons menu though :)

I'd like to add a Mandalorian, but I'd be interesting if she was different to what we've seen so far. She would still be a badass warrior, but If I could, I'd avoid giving her a jetpack and the traditional boba-fett like armor (or have it be some unlockable skin later, as a way to encourage the player to develop his followers). I think there's a lot of potential in a character like that. 

My mod is set in the age of the empire, so I must also figure out how to incorporate certain characters in a believable way! Think about the followers in KOTOR, they all had a life previous to meeting the MC, so in the same way I must ask what would your characters be doing before meeting the player? 

I'm glad you like those names :)

And I do see your point - The Noghri is quite a primitive race, but it would be quite interesting. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure there were quite a few Noghri Jedi in the RotS game, so I don't think a Noghri Scientist would be too far-fetched. Perhaps it might be better to come up with a different theme for this guy. I still think a cloak of some kind and goggles would be a cool look for one, though. Maybe the scientist could be an unlockable skin? By the way, I was talking about the menu where you can change your follower's weapon - you'd have to change it to include the Noghri Stick and a few other weapons, like the repeater for the Mando.

As for the Noghri, it depends. Honoghr had some technical stations and spaceports where repairs could be made, so they did have some understanding of technology, but from the books it looks like they didn't have too complex biological or chemistry scientifical notions.

And if we want to keep it in line with the way Noghri names generally go, a more fitting name would be Xanathe (Xanath? Their names generally don't end with vowels) of clan Bulth'ner.

The sort of science I was mostly thinking of was mostly the technological science, so that could possibly work. As for the name, Xanath is perfectly fine, if it does indeed fit better into the Star Wars universe.

@@Noodle As for the Mandalorian, I feel the same way. I don't want it to just be some generic copy/paste Mandalorian. I want this one to sort of stand out. Perhaps the Jetpack could be a feature that can be unlocked, the same could probably go for the Noghri's cloak. Now, the back-stories - they would sort of depend on what planet this mod is set on, if it is even a planet (it might be some kind of space-station for all I know.) With all the Kel-Dor around the place, one could assume it's Dorin, planet of the Kel-Dor. Though, that could be completely wrong, too.

Another thing I'm kinda curious about is the Voice Acting - Will this mod have any? If so, how much? With how the Conversation menu looks and sounds, I'd assume it'll be limited Voice Acting, but even then you need some sounds. Some of the voices would be quite difficult, like the Noghri.

Small update: 

While I'm working on a map I'll release eventually, I've been toying with my follower system idea. 

Now you'll be able to change your follower's skin (I'm thinking maybe this should be an unlockable feature). I've also added a new follower: an astromech droid! He might not be the best when it comes to fighting, but he has many unique skills that will make up for that.

The droid skins come from @@Doug Smith 's brilliant astromech pack. (https://jkhub.org/files/file/1291-astromech-pack/)

I'm looking for ideas for new followers, so if anyone has any suggestions, please do share!

Once suggestion - make skins to not only be diffrence in look but in the arsenal of the character ;) Also You can make something like more health or armor and even movement speed. 

Dark_Reaper and Smoo like this

A Defel character IMO should also be only available as a reward of some sorts, as it would be too convenient to place him in a dark corner and take care of all the enemies unseen.

That's a fair point. There's a balance that must be achieved between making allies too powerful or too weak. Then again, I do plan to make enemies much stronger than they are in base SP.

Now, the back-stories - they would sort of depend on what planet this mod is set on, if it is even a planet (it might be some kind of space-station for all I know.) With all the Kel-Dor around the place, one could assume it's Dorin, planet of the Kel-Dor. Though, that could be completely wrong, too.

Another thing I'm kinda curious about is the Voice Acting - Will this mod have any? If so, how much? With how the Conversation menu looks and sounds, I'd assume it'll be limited Voice Acting, but even then you need some sounds. Some of the voices would be quite difficult, like the Noghri.

I do hope to be able to have more than one planet in this mod. But for now, I'm just working on small interior locations for testing purposes. I want to have several minor factions that go beyond the rebellion and the empire, that's why there are so many Kel'dor, they are members of a small criminal gang.

Will this have voice acting? It will be very limited, like in Mount and Blade or The Legend of Zelda. That allows me to create interesting dialogues without worrying about the quality and quantity of voice work. 

Once suggestion - make skins to not only be diffrence in look but in the arsenal of the character ;) Also You can make something like more health or armor and even movement speed. 

I want the characters to be able to have cosmetic changes and functional ones. For example, a character could have different wardrobes which shouldn't make a significant difference in it's stats, but it should also be able to have different gear, like jetpacks or those shields the assassin droids have. I guess it will depend mainly on the time I have to implement those things :)

I am trying to figure out a skill system for the followers. I might make something similar to the force powers menu in base SP but instead of increasing force powers, it should improve stats like health, armor, firing rate, and others. 

Vade Parvis and Kualan like this
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Time for another video update! Excuse the poor frames, but the video capture software, gtkradiant and chrome seem to have a nasty effect sometimes. 

Some of the things you'll be able to see in the video are:

- A new frankenstein model I created: The fat Gran. It has always bothered me that, in most games, all models seem to have the same body type, which is why I tried creating a new bodytype for the gran. I took Rax Jorris body and the gran's head and mixed them together. I modified the head a bit to make him fatter and changed the clothes texture so he didn't look like an obese imperial. Here are some pics:

8KIrUKn.png

E6Dp7r4.png

GqRcZSn.png

- The bounty hunting system: I don't want to show too much, but I've achieved a lot of the things I wanted for my bounty hunting system. As you can see in the video, the player can see the current bounties and try to collect them. The first demo I'll release will be focused on one entire bounty hunting mission. 

- Inter-connected maps: I want to create the illusion of an Open World game. Which so far I've been able to achieve to an extent. The player is free to enter and leave any room he wants without losing his weapons, HP, or follower (as you can see, your follower is still with you even when you enter the cantina). The downside this has is that there are some loading screens (since it's loading new maps) and that I had to sacrifice the option to save the game since it messes up the hub loading system. The only way the player can save his progress so far is through strategically positioned checkpoints. 

- New dialogue system: I've developed a new dialogue system that will not replace the old one yet, but which will allow a more dynamic experience in some cases. Both the bartender and the droid use the same menu, but whenever you interact with different NPCs, you'll see different options and dialogues. 

- New animations: Nothing special about this, I just created very simple animations to make some places more immersive. They'll be added someday to my already released animations menu. 

Most of the demo is already done, the only reasons I'm not releasing it yet is because I've to do some fine-tuning. I hope you'll all be surprised by the final product!

Hey, @@Noodle. I noticed something. The animations in JKA Enhanced V1.1 work when you first load up a map. HOWEVER, when you load up from a save or quick save, the menu works, but the animations do not. The original V1 doesn't have this issue.

Odd. Maybe the issue is with JKA Enhanced V1.1 and not my mod, since it works in V1. One of the biggest bugs I had when I started coding (and which is why all of what I've done now works with normal Open JK) was that whenever the player loaded a game, none of the scripts would keep working. It seems that the same thing is happening in JKA Enhanced V1.1. 

Time for another video update! Excuse the poor frames, but the video capture software, gtkradiant and chrome seem to have a nasty effect sometimes. 

- A new frankenstein model I created: The fat Gran. It has always bothered me that, in most games, all models seem to have the same body type, which is why I tried creating a new bodytype for the gran. I took Rax Jorris body and the gran's head and mixed them together. I modified the head a bit to make him fatter and changed the clothes texture so he didn't look like an obese imperial. Here are some pics:

8KIrUKn.png

E6Dp7r4.png

GqRcZSn.png

- The bounty hunting system: I don't want to show too much, but I've achieved a lot of the things I wanted for my bounty hunting system. As you can see in the video, the player can see the current bounties and try to collect them. The first demo I'll release will be focused on one entire bounty hunting mission. 

- Inter-connected maps: I want to create the illusion of an Open World game. Which so far I've been able to achieve to an extent. The player is free to enter and leave any room he wants without losing his weapons, HP, or follower (as you can see, your follower is still with you even when you enter the cantina). The downside this has is that there are some loading screens (since it's loading new maps) and that I had to sacrifice the option to save the game since it messes up the hub loading system. The only way the player can save his progress so far is through strategically positioned checkpoints. 

- New dialogue system: I've developed a new dialogue system that will not replace the old one yet, but which will allow a more dynamic experience in some cases. Both the bartender and the droid use the same menu, but whenever you interact with different NPCs, you'll see different options and dialogues. 

- New animations: Nothing special about this, I just created very simple animations to make some places more immersive. They'll be added someday to my already released animations menu. 

Most of the demo is already done, the only reasons I'm not releasing it yet is because I've to do some fine-tuning. I hope you'll all be surprised by the final product!

Odd. Maybe the issue is with JKA Enhanced V1.1 and not my mod, since it works in V1. One of the biggest bugs I had when I started coding (and which is why all of what I've done now works with normal Open JK) was that whenever the player loaded a game, none of the scripts would keep working. It seems that the same thing is happening in JKA Enhanced V1.1. 

My guess is that something in V1's code doesn't contradict what is going on with your own mods code while V1.1's code conflicts with it. But V1 of JKA Enhanced still works for me, so not a big loss. On the updates themselves, dude...people might start making bigger JKA mods again cause of what you're doing, so PLEASE keep going! :D

Jeff and Noodle like this

The problem with using Gran heads on human bodies is that people often forget to take into account the freakishly large size of their hands. This is especially apparent whenever you see a gran holding a blaster rifle. If you're going to move a Gran head on a human body, do you think you could do the same for their hands as well?

The problem with using Gran heads on human bodies is that people often forget to take into account the freakishly large size of their hands. This is especially apparent whenever you see a gran holding a blaster rifle. If you're going to move a Gran head on a human body, do you think you could do the same for their hands as well?

It seems Gran hands are fairly inconsistent across the films anyway. In the PT they were portrayed with mostly humanoid hands as opposed to the spade-like clubs of the OT Grans:

Ask.jpg

It seems Gran hands are fairly inconsistent across the films anyway. In the PT they were portrayed with mostly humanoid hands as opposed to the spade-like clubs of the OT Grans:

Ask.jpg

You know, the more I look into this, the more certain I am to concluding that the gran model in JK2/JKA is just not good. Their hands are like baseball gloves. They had bulkier hands, but nothing like the ones in game. 

Eh, forget my original comment.

JAWSFreelao likes this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpdhDzr6SU

8KIrUKn.png

E6Dp7r4.png

GqRcZSn.png

Very nice! Let me know if you ever need some outdoor terrain for your project. I have been working on a few things regarding that.