Glm Exporter Blender 2.78

Ilya

Hello guys :3 

So I finally did my own custom model for JKA. Unfortunatly I have two problems:

1.https://jkhub.org/images/ygagqFb.png 

As soon as I get hit my an lightsaber, the game gives this error. 

2. The model has lightning issues. It looks...pretty blocky. I think it happens because I am not able to smoothen my model.

Well, if I dont split ALL edges in blender I will get this error "UV seams found. Split meshes at UV seams". I am probably just to stupid to understand what the exporter wants from me. "Split meshes at UV seams"?! I mean I tried to make it use only one connected UV map, but it wont accept that. Well if I split ALL edges, I will get a vert-count of 15000 instead of 3000. I just need somehow a tutorial of how I can avoid this splitting in order to smoothen the faces and reduce the vert count.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your help <3

(PS: I tried to export my model in 3ds via importing it first as fbx, but the exporter gave me the error "Something went wrong")

EDIT: I tried it with the 3ds GLM exporter again, now is Modview giving an error, saying, that I 0 bones....I am sure that I have a skeleton...

You certainly don't want to split all edges, that will give you way to many vertices (hence the error) and split edges don't get smooth lighting.

There's a manual in the plugin zip, if you haven't read that, take a look, it might explain the splitting. Basically when you look at your UV map there's gonna be cuts in it to flatten the model without overlaps - these must be replicated in the mesh, too.

It's an annoying requirement and a better plugin would do it automatically...

You certainly don't want to split all edges, that will give you way to many vertices (hence the error) and split edges don't get smooth lighting.

There's a manual in the plugin zip, if you haven't read that, take a look, it might explain the splitting. Basically when you look at your UV map there's gonna be cuts in it to flatten the model without overlaps - these must be replicated in the mesh, too.

It's an annoying requirement and a better plugin would do it automatically...

Okay thanks for the hint :3 I will see what I can do