[Discussion] Bot creation - Tools, possibilities and limitations

I was trying to add a huge load of Bots to Jedi Academy, Knights of the Force to be precise, because this mod has no Bot support for the great amount of characters. I succeeded in adding about ten additional characters, which showed up without any problems once I spawned them. First I thought I got it down and I could add even more characters, until I encountered some issues:

Problem 1

The Lightsaber colors all appear the way I assigned them to. The once I wanted blue are blue, the once I wanted red are red and so on. However, the Lightsaber models I gave the characters don't show up. Instead, they are holding

the ones from the original game, not the custom ones. I even double-checked if the names matched the files in the ext_data folder (and also the folders in the weapons2 folder).

Problem 2

After I added some more characters, it seems that I exceeded a limit, because I couldn't choose any Bot at all. Usually, before you start a map in FFA and you want to add some Bots, you have this list where you can

choose about 20 Bots. The first name you see is HUMAN, then you can browse through the list of available Bots. But here, it gets stuck at HUMAN, so I can't browse through the Bots, no matter what I do.

Here's my question: Is there any way to increase the Bot limit (if there is even a limit)?

Problem 3

When I edited the Bot list, I had to do all by hand. Writing down the names, copy-and-pasting, you name it. There is a tool to create these things, the Bot Maker, but it's terribly obsolete because it was created for Jedi Outcast back in 2002.

So, my second question is: Is an updated version of this tool available? And if not, is it even possible to create a more updated, easy-to-use tool to make those Bots?

Smoo and Ivan like this

75 bots (including the default ones) is all you can have. I'm not sure if you can change it with code. Jedi Outcast's bots and Jedi Academy's are the same, so there's no need for an updated version of BOT maker, unless your trying to add a second saber.

Bots are so incredibly lame, the most difficult bot is on par with a below average player at best.

There aren't any "tools" for BOT or NPC files because they're so simple it isn't necessary. Using the assets as a reference is more than enough to figure out how to make them.

you can make em OP with japro, give em fullforce and gripkick lol