[Feedback] Post-Second Scrimmage Match Comments, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Hi, post anything and everything you experienced, primary concern here is constructive criticism and bug reports, but all comments and suggestions are welcome and encouraged!

Thanks to everyone that came out, it's always a blast (in more ways than one)! Definitely a lot less crashes this time around which means we achieved most of what we wanted to with this update. I think that there needs to be some ~1000 credit options when purchasing weapons, as there is an awkward gap (around 750 credits to 1200 there's very few options).

Bugs and other feedback posted in this thread will be collected here:

Hologram Bug - Seems to be connected to players reconnecting

Capture the Flag - Flag Carriers inside spawns:

• Prevent Flags and Carriers from entering spawns via a special clip OR
  • Open spawns completely (no doors) OR
  • Disable door locks and turrets while flag is inside of spawn

Stun:

• Multiple weapons still have stun disabled (E-11A, ELG-3A, etc.)
  • If you are stunned mid-air, you are magically levitating (should cause knockdown)

Thermal Detonators cause clients to crash (SOLVED)

Weapons that consume ammo while charging shouldn't automatically fire when they run out of ammo, they should just stop charging (some weapons use up ammo when they actually shoot, this should be taken into account)

ELG-3A alternate firemode is named "charged" instead of "stun"

"A"200 Battle Rifle holo-sight looks like there is a ton of glare (disable dynamic glow or reduce around edges)

Knockdown still allows people to shoot:

• Prevent firing while in knockdown altogether OR
  • Allow knockdown until you hit the ground (matrix style) OR
  • Allow knockdown while on the ground, but before you get up (carries over to "bleeding-out" states where you can be revived?)

Grenades seem to drop incorrect variant on the ground sometimes (possibly when switching weapons and dying at the same time after starting to cook?)

Smoo likes this

Not a bug, but I'll report for this annoying moment anyway. When you buy new weapons, can you give ammunition for the new types of weapons? 'Cause i need to kill myself via console, it wastes 10 seconds, which can play an important role during the match. :(

Onysfx likes this

I wasn't able to play for more than an hour unfortunately but what I've seen so far is good! I like how ironsight aiming and sprinting have been added to make the game feel more modern. It looks like there's a large choice in terms of weapons which is cool. The buying/selling system is a nice idea, the only downside being (very personal opinion here) that if you're not very good at multiplayer you don't actually get to test a lot of them :lol:

The mod was running ok for the most part except when it crashed twice for me but I was able to come back quickly. Strange thing is that when I came back the first time, pressing X made me Noclip (I binded X for the sprint in JKG, but it's binded to Noclip when I play SP) so I had to re-assign that key via the setup menu... Not a huge issue but I thought it was strange that cheats were enabled on the server :huh:

That said I'd be glad to give it another try someday!

-The Blastech rifle isn't completely accurate, it's even less accurate than the starter pistol. No point buying it.

-On vid_restart, you lose all your weapons and any weapons you do buy are bugged (from my experience)

-Sprinting animations definitely need some improvement (I'm sure you guys already know that)

-Would love if you could include these two maps:

SJC_JKG_1

Taris_RP

taris rp especially would be perfect for JKgalaxies. The map is already set up so well, jedi temple, bar, lower city...it wouldn't be in the final release of course, but could be very useful for testing quest/RP elements.

Smoo likes this

-The Blastech rifle isn't completely accurate, it's even less accurate than the starter pistol. No point buying it.

-On vid_restart, you lose all your weapons and any weapons you do buy are bugged (from my experience)

-Sprinting animations definitely need some improvement (I'm sure you guys already know that)

-Would love if you could include these two maps:

SJC_JKG_1

Taris_RP

taris rp especially would be perfect for JKgalaxies. The map is already set up so well, jedi temple, bar, lower city...it wouldn't be in the final release of course, but could be very useful for testing quest/RP elements.

Which BlasTech rifle? There are a lot. :P

Smoo likes this

It's a single shot rifle, it fires similarly to the pistol. It DOES NOT have a burst mode.

This guy?

6ViX6XV.jpg

Also I'll add I think this thing does not have enough ammo:

abrnw9R.jpg

The sawed off triple shot bryar shotgun also doesn't use up triple ammo, when in triple mode, only when in burst shot mode.  Probably should.

Smoo likes this

JKG Developer

This guy?

6ViX6XV.jpg

Also I'll add I think this thing does not have enough ammo:

abrnw9R.jpg

The sawed off triple shot bryar shotgun also doesn't use up triple ammo, when in triple mode, only when in burst shot mode.  Probably should.

That's the one.