Importing .GLM in Blender 2.78 is Throwing 'File not found! (no .gla?)'

Go to solution Solved by ShenLong Kazama,

essentially what the title says.

I've a folder path set up for modding which is as follows:

assets/base/models/players/

and I'm trying to import a .glm so that I may edit it. the error confounds me because in that directory I have the base _humanoid folder which allows ModView to open the models, and that seems to be working fine. is this an issue with the latest version? I'm unaware how new it is but I'd assumed that @@mrwonko's plugin suite would work versions 2.64+.

Depending on where your base folder is, try typing in C:\assets\base into the box which says base path. My base folder is in D35k709\base so i typed in this.

UMDsMpy.jpg

thanks, it seems it wasn't able to guess where the base folder is so I had to manually put in the path. however, I'm not able to import every .glm. like in ModView, for some models I get an error because it has '72 bones' which goes against the regular skeleton and in Blender it only loads the default skeleton with no meshes. any idea how to fix this? (for ModView as well preferably).

thanks, it seems it wasn't able to guess where the base folder is so I had to manually put in the path. however, I'm not able to import every .glm. like in ModView, for some models I get an error because it has '72 bones' which goes against the regular skeleton and in Blender it only loads the default skeleton with no meshes. any idea how to fix this? (for ModView as well preferably).

If you get the bone error you probably have the JK2 _humanoid.gla file, which has 53 bones if i remember correctly. Or you have the JA _humanoid.gla and trying to import a model with 53 bones. Make sure you have the matching skeleton. :)

If you get the bone error you probably have the JK2 _humanoid.gla file, which has 53 bones if i remember correctly. Or you have the JA _humanoid.gla and trying to import a model with 53 bones. Make sure you have the matching skeleton. :)

that's right. it's definitely the JKA skeleton but I can't remember if it was telling me whether it had 72 bones or if it was expecting 72 bones. if it's not too much to ask (as I don't have Jedi Knight Outcast), could you please provide me with the JK2 _humanoid.gla file/

okay, the exact error is this when I use the regular jk3 .gla:

"Bone number mismatch - gla has 53 bones, model uses 72. Maybe you're trying to load a jk2 model with the jk3 skeleton or vice-versa?"

and when I load it with the JK2 .gla I get this error message:

"KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection(key): key "ltarsal" not found'

location <unknown location>: -1"

and the .glm doesn't load.

am I missing something? I thought the base jk3 .gla had 72 bones?

• 3 years later...

Im having an issue with this myself. I have a steam copy of Jedi Academy. I try importing using the glm import and I navigate to my documents tab in my user account, cause I pasted the assets 01 content in there. I open models, have a bunch of humanoid files in there and main characters form vanilla. I click kyles model.glm and it says error no gla. I think my problem is I dont have my files organized right.

UPDATE: I just put the assets 01 contents (extracted) into my base folder for jedi academy in my steam directory and then C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base typed this as my base path and its working now.

Cosmos likes this
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...