Chatbox?

MUG

Either way, we really need some kind of JKH API made up (Achievements, ingame chat, profile integration, that kind of thing). That would be slick as hell.

We totally need something like UU, that interfaces with jka, forming a kind of JKHub overlay (like with steam).

We totally need something like UU, that interfaces with jka, forming a kind of JKHub overlay (like with steam).

Definitely.

I can kinda port the achievement code from GSA since it works pretty well already (minus saving) and probably convince Cael to do some kind of site integration. I don't know how much PHP he knows though (http://jkhub.org/achievement.php?achieve=<id>, with user/pass sent through POST would do the trick)

Definitely.

I can kinda port the achievement code from GSA since it works pretty well already (minus saving) and probably convince Cael to do some kind of site integration. I don't know how much PHP he knows though (http://jkhub.org/achievement.php?achieve=<id>, with user/pass sent through POST would do the trick)

Definitely.

I can kinda port the achievement code from GSA since it works pretty well already (minus saving) and probably convince Cael to do some kind of site integration. I don't know how much PHP he knows though (http://jkhub.org/ach...hp?achieve=<id>, with user/pass sent through POST would do the trick)

user/pass are sent via cookies.

jkh_member_id and jkh_pass_hash

(I would know, BUT THAT KNOWLEGE IS USELESS NOW, ISN'T IT ;_; )

user/pass are sent via cookies.

jkh_member_id and jkh_pass_hash

(I would know, BUT THAT KNOWLEGE IS USELESS NOW, ISN'T IT ;_; )

I'm not sure how C accesses the cookie information (I'm sure cURL has some sort of interface for that, but cbf to look), so you might want to look that up. Regardless, I think it's very viable for JKH to have an API which connects to all the big mods out there to track achievements and chat (at the very least) on the site.

I'm not sure how C accesses the cookie information (I'm sure cURL has some sort of interface for that, but cbf to look), so you might want to look that up. Regardless, I think it's very viable for JKH to have an API which connects to all the big mods out there to track achievements and chat (at the very least) on the site.

You don't need cURL or anything. I did it with pure winsock. Not so hard.

Ah. Might not be so bad then. cURL does make the URLs a bit easier then. Then again, I didn't try and deal with HTTP protocol through pure winsock (cURL does this for you iirc), so networking with C isn't exactly my strong suit compared to you. :P

Think it would be viable though?

It's completely doable at least.

Good luck doing it yourself.

* SpioR runs *

My idea was not to have an overlay. Rather, it would be a static library that coders could use in their projects and have JKHub integration with some features, like achievements (if you came up with some kind of way of tying them into the page). An overlay would be okay if it had stuff like achievements and chat though.

Caelum likes this
  • 2 months later...

i have a beter idea if this forum use CSS code simply add chatango chat down to the site or any where it is free: www.chatango.com free to regist free to add chat groupe to forums and sites. oh and the moderator is the side owner who add it the flash chat to the site. + can be designing the chat window as well. if some one need help in this site im gladly help just pm me :)