Stance mods for gunners

I'm looking for some input since I want to make my singleplayer game a little bit prettier. What are some good mods that replace the default stance for gunners? So far I've only found mods that replace the lightsaber stances and I don't really mind those. 

Do you guys have any recommendations? 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there are any and if there were they were lost with some of the other sites like JK3 files.

The problem with gun stances is that unlike a lightsaber stance they are 2 sequences blended together so if you make something that replaces say the rifle holding animation the legs will still be in the same position as default since it uses a combination of UPPER_xxx and LOWER_xxx animations as opposed to a lightsaber using an animation that is a BOTH_xxx sequence.

This could be changed with coding but that's going a lot further than most would bother since most coders don't know how to animate and most animators don't know how to code.

Noodle likes this

I don't think there are any and if there were they were lost with some of the other sites like JK3 files.

The problem with gun stances is that unlike a lightsaber stance they are 2 sequences blended together so if you make something that replaces say the rifle holding animation the legs will still be in the same position as default since it uses a combination of UPPER_xxx and LOWER_xxx animations as opposed to a lightsaber using an animation that is a BOTH_xxx sequence.

This could be changed with coding but that's going a lot further than most would bother since most coders don't know how to animate and most animators don't know how to code.

^ this

I've been wanting it fixed in OpenJK to allow those stances/anims to not be split, but I dont think my request was deemed worthy of fixing. Hopefully it'll be fixed in JKE but who knows.

I'm going to ask this question here. What IS possible with animations in regards to guns? Just upper body?

As i remember... The Lower animations for Npc are diffrent then the player. Player is using lower animation from stand1 animation but npc's are using diffrent .

cultist.jpg

stormtrooper_new_blaster.jpg
Look at the Cultist's legs. His right leg is not centered to the middle. As i remember he is using frames from from stand_guard animation or something.. (i am in te school). So animations for npc to the lower part are diffrent. The same goes with the multiplayer characters. Look at the standing animation in SP and MP.. they are diffrent.

Noodle likes this