Happy Halloween!

Circa

Posted Image

October 31st marks the holiday called Halloween for many countries around the world. It's a holiday that focuses on spooky and scary things, and that's exactly what people brought with the Halloween mod contest this year. You guys made some great stuff, and it was fun to play around with all of them!

This contest was definitely something we've never done before, and looking at past Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy mods, there really weren't that many scary mods at all. Especially not much focused on Halloween. Now we have a few that we can add to the collection! Thanks to all those that participated in both creating submissions, and voting.

I'm glad to announce the winner of the Halloween Mod Contest 2016 is...

LANGERD

Langerd got a whopping 18 votes on his Zombie stormtrooper, giving him a pretty drastic lead. If you didn't get a chance to check out Langerd's mod, here's a quick GIF of it.

Posted Image

In my opinion, the animations made this mod what it is. We rarely see animation mods at all anymore, so not only was it refreshing to see new animations, but it was good to see it work so well. (though the NPC didn't work in MP very well, unfortunately). I would love to see a map use these animations for various zombie skins that come in waves. Perhaps next year. ;)

I know I mentioned that we may or may not have a prize for the winner. We really don't have anything worthwhile to give, but I made a quick little forum signature, that acts as a plaque for your prize. Hopefully it's better than nothing. Our hope is to have a page that lists the contest winners in the future, and we'll be sure to get you on there. Feel free to use this on your profile or signature:

Posted Image

The two runner-up entries were Psky0Sith's Jason model and my own map, Last Night. The Jason model was extremely well done, and I'm actually surprised it didn't get more votes. Psky0Sith is an extremely talented modeler and texture artist, and this model was no exception from his previous works. Very nice work.

Spoiler

spacer.png

And since I was the the third place, I'm going to pretend that I didn't get third and actually talk about the fourth place, Ramikad's Great Pumpkin. I think this was my favorite entry, because it was so unique, scary, and hilarious all at the same time. Great job Ramikad! I wish you'd make and release more stuff than you do. :P

Spoiler

spacer.png

Again, great job everyone, and we'll be back with another contest here soon, for Christmas!

Happy Halloween! :pumpkin::ghost:

Edited by Circa
formattingting fixes
Stoiss, Caelum, therfiles and 4 others like this