Dumb Question

Jbeagle91

Hello,

Sorry if this is a really dumb question but I got OpenJK to work for Jedi Academy buy downloading the latest build from https://builds.openjk.org/ and extracting the files into the GameData folder, but when I tried to do the same for Jedi Outcast, it did not work.  I read in a forum that you need the openjo_sp.exe, but that was not in the latest build.  Where can I get this?

Thanks for the help!

Smoo likes this

The builds don't include the files for Jedi Outcast, the way to get them is to compile OpenJK. Visual Studio 2013 and Cmake are the only two programs that I use to build custom builds and as far as I know they're the only two things you need to compile.

Hope this helps.

Smoo likes this

Yes and I got it compiled, but some of the files asked for to go in the Jedi Outcast Game Data folder are not created when I compile the code.  I tried just moving the ones I had, but it gave me an error every time I did it. I just need the files that should go in the Game Data folder and that would be good enough for now.

If you compiled the whole thing, you generally have only three files for Jedi Outcast generated and compiled. You have openjo_sp.x86, rdjosp-vanilla_x86.dll and jospgamex86.dll. However for OpenJK, both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy require an additional file named SDL2.dll to run, which may be the file you're needing, if so, you would find it by opening the OpenJK-Master folder and then click on the lib folder, then there will be a SDL2 folder, open that and there will be a bin folder and in that there will be two folders x64 and x86 and they both contain a SDL2.dll file. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two but right click one of those files, click copy, and then paste it into your Jedi Outcast GameData folder.

If the problem is not from missing the SDL2.dll file then I'm not sure what the files are that are not being created.

• 5 months later...

The builds don't include the files for Jedi Outcast, the way to get them is to compile OpenJK. Visual Studio 2013 and Cmake are the only two programs that I use to build custom builds and as far as I know they're the only two things you need to compile.

Hope this helps.

The Jedi outcast files aren't built unless you specified them to be in the CMake GUI

WHY IN THE FUCK NOT!?