Nightbrotherly Alvar007's stuff

So as I said in the past I've been working on something that I wanted to implement on my machinimas. Basically it's adding proper facial animations with moving eyes and everything using custom skeletons. At first I tried doing this on Maya since it was the program I was using and then export the fbx to glm with noesis. But for some reason noesis doesn't export the glm correctly and causes the model to have no animation. It is stuck in the first frame and it won't play any animation no matter what. Anyone knows why this is caused?

Anyway, after trying every route possible without using blender (because I was so scared of the interface) I finally had no choice. And guess what: I learned it in like two days! And omg is it awesome. It's like designed so comfortably for the user once you learn the main shortcuts and get used to the interface which I now understand quite well. Definitely sticking with it for the rest of my animations.

So I started creating a custom skeleton from the base humanoid one. First I replaced the static eyes with a perfect sphere and made it fit on the eyeballs with the rotation not going out of the sockets. For that I used two bones centered on the spheres and followed by a helper bone like you can see here:

lBvVpHW.gif

Then I added some IK constraints to the arms and the legs (also fixing the base hierarchy since I was on it):

bIMRubu.gif

WCtWVUl.gif

Xx8mPfa.gif

o4L3WVi.gif

I wanted to test this ingame so I created several animations using this custom skeletons and I created one gla per animation. But when I wanted to merge all the gla files with glamerge the model was screwed up. This doesn't happen with the gla's produced by carcass, so I guess glamerge doesn't like blender. Anyone knows why? In the end I had one gla per animation but this is not ideal at all. I would like to have them in one file if possible. At least the animations played properly ingame as you can see in the final result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wOCquq64M

There is another problem though, when exporting the gla with blender the weapons ingame seem to not show up. The one you see in the video is just part of the glm itself, it's not a separated tag. This doesn't happen with noesis, the weapon shows fine but I have the freeze frame problem. Someone knows why is this? It would be great to have these sort of problems solved.

On another note: I'm gonna start working on the first episode of my machinima this summer as soon as I finish my exams. This one took ages to make because it was a frame-by-frame recreation scene, but I won't be making every single scene on my machinimas like this. Only some close-ups and the ones that require it. So it should be finished by the end of the summer before the next course starts. Then when it's done I will release the map for you guys as I promised. In the meantime, I hope you can enjoy this. See ya!

Circa, Bek, Lancelot and 8 others like this

There is another problem though, when exporting the gla with blender the weapons ingame seem to not show up. The one you see in the video is just part of the glm itself, it's not a separated tag. This doesn't happen with noesis, the weapon shows fine but I have the freeze frame problem. Someone knows why is this? It would be great to have these sort of problems solved.

I have encountered this problem when I made my turntable model.

Are your new gla's located in models/players/_humanoid_x/* or anything following that pattern?

If not that's your problem, the games code seems to expect a _humanoid skeleton to bolt weapons to tags and it seems to verify this based on the gla filepath

Looks a lot like my work there bud.

Actually no. 

Original file is from Corto here :

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1516-boba-fett/

Made my own adjustments:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2667-ex-boba-fett/

https://jkhub.org/files/file/3539-ex-jango-fett/

Further improved said adjustments:

https://jkhub.org/topic/11219-mandalorian-wip/

Side leg armor was created by me from scratch with the exception of the gun slot part, that was from movie battles 2 and was changed/modified and attached to the leg armor.  I created the shin armor from scratch.

In regards to skins, i changed the uv map on most parts of the corto model to make it easier to skin on my end.

So I believe you are mistaken.  Feel free to download the boba/jango to compare to any of your work. I currently don't have a real head model on any my re-works.

Edit: Now if Corto stole your work, I wasn't aware of it and have no problem crediting you for the original model. 

Also if you can please be more specific as to what you are referring to, (the whole model, parts, skins) maybe we can further clear this confusion up.

Jeff likes this

This is insanely good. This is just for machinima? You should be making SP missions out of these!

Oh my god, thank you so much! I definitely want to try to do some of that in the future.

I have encountered this problem when I made my turntable model.

Are your new gla's located in models/players/_humanoid_x/* or anything following that pattern?

If not that's your problem, the games code seems to expect a _humanoid skeleton to bolt weapons to tags and it seems to verify this based on the gla filepath

Just tried this, it doesn't seem to work. I think it's something related to blender since noesis can show the weapons fine regardless of the path but it has the freeze frame problem.

Just tried this, it doesn't seem to work. I think it's something related to blender since noesis can show the weapons fine regardless of the path but it has the freeze frame problem.

Noesis is third party software and completely unrelated to the games code though, it should also work in modview.

The game only performs weapon bolting for specific models. If you were to force the rancor model on a human player and equipped a weapon it would

@@minilogoguy18#2033 had this same issue when he was working at Gorc for the DF2 mod, iirc moving the gla file to a folder name _humanoid_gorc solved it for him.

Best to do a clean export with the new directory selected from the start.

We did "models/players/_humanoid/gorc/_humanoid.gla" and it also required 1 other work around, no saber style worked unless we added the yellow style. For some reason the game needed the yellow style to be present for any other style to be used. Simply just duplicated all the frames for the strong style (the only one used) and added lines for the yellow style but bound his saber style to the strong style via the SAB file and voila.

That directory was ofc just where the GLM/GLA was compiled, the GLM was moved to "models/players/gorc" afterwards which is just fine.

Also, I'm using Softimage and Assimilate because well, it just works.

We did "models/players/_humanoid/gorc/_humanoid.gla" and it also required 1 other work around, no saber style worked unless we added the yellow style. For some reason the game needed the yellow style to be present for any other style to be used. Simply just duplicated all the frames for the strong style (the only one used) and added lines for the yellow style but bound his saber style to the strong style via the SAB file and voila.

That directory was ofc just where the GLM/GLA was compiled, the GLM was moved to "models/players/gorc" afterwards which is just fine.

Also, I'm using Softimage and Assimilate because well, it just works.

Oh my fucking god it works now! I just exported the GLA as "_humanoid.gla" inside the model's folder within the _humanoid folder like you said. Then exported the GLM and moved it to models/players/modelfolder.

I didn't even have to mess with the styles, just worked fine. Many thanks!

Noesis is third party software and completely unrelated to the games code though, it should also work in modview.

The game only performs weapon bolting for specific models. If you were to force the rancor model on a human player and equipped a weapon it would

@@minilogoguy18#2033 had this same issue when he was working at Gorc for the DF2 mod, iirc moving the gla file to a folder name _humanoid_gorc solved it for him.

Best to do a clean export with the new directory selected from the start.

What I meant was that the GLA noesis exports shows the weapon ingame, not inside noesis itself. Also the weapons do not show up in modview, just like they don't show up for the base animations either. But they show up ingame so it's all good. Thanks again!

What I meant was that the GLA noesis exports shows the weapon ingame, not inside noesis itself. Also the weapons do not show up in modview, just like they don't show up for the base animations either. But they show up ingame so it's all good. Thanks again!

Ah, that's what you meant.

You can manually bolt models to tags in Modview to preview weapon bolting, that's what I meant.

Glad to see that it works now

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone! So after working during all this summer and part of the new course I finally finished the first episode of my machinima series which you can check out here if you want: https://jkhub.org/forums/topic/11394-star-wars-crime-lords
This means that I finally uploaded my Mandalore map for you guys and it's waiting for approval right now. There are all 3 versions in there.

I also wanted to release the mandalorian supercommandos I did with the help of ShengLong Kazama, so here you go:

rCGbQRK.png

huV5kvl.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qooxqk09l87es57/mscs.pk3/file

On a side note: last year summer I bought a Xbox 360 Kinect sensor to play Star Wars Kinect (which is an awesome game btw) and I discovered that you can use the sensor to make motion capture animations, so I'm definitely going to try that for my next projects. Just imagine: realistic motion captures animations inside JKA! Although I'm gonna be mixing my projects, so probably my next one is not gonna be JK related. I'm probably going to make the second episode of the Kotor machinima that you can see on my channel, which is now open to the public btw.
Also I have moved to a more quiet and better place so things should be going faster now.

Anyway, hope you enjoy all of this!

Lancelot, Odeyseis and Noodle like this