Animations with Blender

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

I was wondering if it was possible to take specific animations with Blender and combine them into one GLA for custom animations. 

If you mean importing animations, you have the option to select an animation frame range when importing a .glm model. You can then re-export them as a new .gla, making sure the skeleton is set up correctly during the export, and merge everything up.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

If you mean importing animations, you have the option to select an animation frame range when importing a .glm model. You can then re-export them as a new .gla, making sure the skeleton is set up correctly during the export, and merge everything up.

Nice. Cause there's specific animations from the Kotor Stances, MD2 Stances and a few other stance mods that I want to combine into one GLA. BTW, how can I select the animation frame?

When importing a .glm model in Blender, you are offered a number of options on the left side of the screen, under Import JA Ghoul 2 Model (.glm): you can choose its Skin (defaulted to default, or you can let the importer Guess Textures), Base Path, .gla override, Scale, skeleton changes, and ultimately animations: here you can pick between None, All and Range. If you select Range, you can also set the Start frame and the number of frames.

When importing a .glm model in Blender, you are offered a number of options on the left side of the screen, under Import JA Ghoul 2 Model (.glm): you can choose its Skin (defaulted to default, or you can let the importer Guess Textures), Base Path, .gla override, Scale, skeleton changes, and ultimately animations: here you can pick between None, All and Range. If you select Range, you can also set the Start frame and the number of frames.

So, say I want to select the frames of the saber stances of Katanamaru's DF2 Stances he used for the unfortunately in limbo MOTS Mod, then when I import the model, I also import those specific frames precisely?

• Solution

OH! Should I name the .bat anything specific? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna get this 100% right since this is my first time merging animations.

Nope. Name it whatever you want, and it should run this code:

@[member='Echo'] OFF
"glamerge.exe" "_humanoid.gla" "<new animations>.gla" -o
PAUSE
EXIT

Input a name for the newly created .gla and you're good to go. You can keep merging on that new .gla, and stuff all the animations you want (until you hit a limit, but considering my merges it isn't near).

@[member='Echo'] OFF
PAUSE
EXIT

Input a name for the newly created .gla and you're good to go. You can keep merging on that new .gla, and stuff all the animations you want (until you hit a limit, but considering my merges it isn't near).

It worked for me but to be honest it is hard to understand as first... when using these new animations we must have on our minds that the frames that we added are after the last one of the original _humanoid ;)

@[member='Echo'] OFF
PAUSE
EXIT

It WORKED! :D I just needed to use 2 frames instead of one while importing in order to merge successfully! :D

Ramikad likes this

One last thing, @@Ramikad. If I wanted to import an animation that has moving sequences, all I have to do is set the proper amount of frames when I import it, correct? Also, you mentioned the limit of a gla. So I want to know what the limit is.

Yep.

Not sure what the limit is, but I think it's above anything you may want to merge - I merged animations for a total of thousands of frames, and had no problems.

• 1 year later...

I know this post is almost two years old, but I thought I'd leave this post here for anyone who wants to make custom animations with Blender. THIS IS IMPORTANT! When exporting animations, make sure the gla name and reference is set to models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid. Otherwise when you merge the animations with the humanoid skeleton, it can get screwed up. DON'T FORGET THAT DETAIL.