Mesh problem

Go to solution Solved by Psyk0Sith,

Ok so my friend @ShenLongKazama asked me to add a neck to the Kylo Ren unmasked model since this feature is only in the masked version and when you try to enable the surface in the skin file of the unmasked version it collapses with the head like so:

4d0eb01163.jpg

Now I'm able to reshape it around the neck like this:

a778d8d598.jpg

But when I export the GLM file and I enter the game the neck is just staying in the original position like I did no change. I tried placing the pivot in the origin and applying an XForm modifier and everything like it says in @@Psyk0Sith's webpage and in this tutorial: https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/196-3ds-max-glm-tutorial-characters-creatures-vehicles-sabers-and-weapons/ but it doesn't work. Does anyone know what is going on? What am I doing wrong? I'm using the GLM importer/exporter for 3ds Max.

Smoo likes this

Yeah, I know. I do that and I link it to the head so the hierarchy is also fine. But it just doesn't move when I see it in modview and in game. It's like transform didn't apply although in the program you can clearly see it does. At first it didn't move because it had the skin modifier already so I had to remove it, place the neck correctly and then rig it again. But still no luck.

• Solution

I'm asking for the modified version with the new neck position.

@@Alvar007 here's how you can do it without messing with xforms.

1.Select the neck piece and click on the skin modifier

2.Under skin modifier, go to advanced parameters tab and uncheck always deform

3.Now click below the skin modifier where it says editable mesh, enter a selection mode, in this case, pick element for moving (because it's faster) and verts/edges for tweaking.

4.In element selection mode, you can now move the mesh down and modify it to your liking

5.Exit sub object mode and go back to step 2 and re-enable always deform

6.Export

Modifying a mesh in sub object mode does not mess with Xform and it will keep the pivot intact. Note that the always deform step is probably not even needed, just a safety.

AshuraDX and Alvar007 like this

Dude, you are the fucking god at 3ds Max. It works! Finally! This was giving me headaches. It wasn't even working with other objects. I knew the problem was something related to that, I remember reading the XForm syndrome on your website. Thank you very much.