Changing... computer.. BUT! Windows 10 O~~Q

Go to solution Solved by Langerd,

Well I want to .... be 100% sure... Jk3 works on Windows 10???? And programs:

-Modview
-Md3viewer
-Blender 2.64 - with all Plugins made by Mr Wonko

-Gtkradiant 1.5 - this is very important... for me..

And of course the game itself... and all formats :glm,gla,MD3 etc...

Well I want to .... be 100% sure... Jk3 works on Windows 10???? And programs:

-Modview

-Md3viewer

-Blender 2.64 - with all Plugins made by Mr Wonko

-Gtkradiant 1.5 - this is very important... for me..

And of course the game itself... and all formats :glm,gla,MD3 etc...

You could probably still use Blender with no problems - I tested mrwonko's JA plugins with Blender 2.76 with no problems and a good amount of added features in comparison to 2.64, such as Decimate modifier not destroying the UVMap and more easily functioning hair effects (gah, that oughta get somebody to the point of opening a Barber Shop in the WIP section :P ).

Langerd likes this
  • Solution

Windows 10 is great, no issues here.

Yes. JK3 and Blender work without issues with Windows 10.

You should upgrade to 1.6.5 radiant tbh... For sure newest q3map2.

You could probably still use Blender with no problems - I tested mrwonko's JA plugins with Blender 2.76 with no problems and a good amount of added features in comparison to 2.64, such as Decimate modifier not destroying the UVMap and more easily functioning hair effects (gah, that oughta get somebody to the point of opening a Barber Shop in the WIP section :P ).

Smoo and TheWhitePhoenix like this

The only thing I've found is OpenGL issues with AMD cards, if you have an AMD card you might wanna disable the auto update option for drivers. If you actually have troubles you should be able to fix it by installing older drivers. I had to do this for Softimage and I've read that this happens too with Blender.

Integrated cards don't seem to have issues but PCI-e cards might.

I run still oldschool GTK 1.4.0, I can use modview without a problem, and never had a problem with blender launching, JK3 works like a charm here (i have it installed actually on my external harddrive for moving purpose between computers). I think you are in the safe here. 

You should upgrade to 1.6.5 radiant tbh... For sure newest q3map2.

I always manually updated this in 1.4.0  (had Szico's version running on it) Can i do:

q3map_alphaMod dotproduct2

And what is the difference between 1.6.5 over 1.4.0? I didnt like 1.5 due to the changed way you manipulated brushes

Smoo likes this