Single Player Campaign WIP

I changed the ceiling in the lounge area. The neon just didn't fit. Too much like a night club or something. And I added some ventilation shafts that'll be part of one of the possible solutions to the puzzle in the academy intro level.

shot0053_zpsadensr4y.jpg

shot0060_zpszdofr4nq.jpg

If you want to spare on some geometry, you can create normal maps for the ventilation shafts and let the lights and shadows do the rest.

Admittedly, you could fill everything up with normal maps - though I don't know how impressively heavy the map would become to compile.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more mapping done today. This is still part of the Academy, the first level. It's part of one of the possible solutions to the first puzzle. This particular solution will only be accessible if you have certain force powers. There's a second solution that requires yet another set of force powers, and a third that just requires a lightsaber or any weapon.

shot0334_zpspmdod7qd.jpg

shot0332_zpsnvvsfjdv.jpg

shot0333_zpssztezbsr.jpg

shot0338_zpsubbsslvx.jpg

As you can see in the last shot, there will be hazards in some areas that you can only pass if you have either force protect or force speed (or heal I suppose). Trying to pass them without using one of those powers will result in certain death.

Out of curiosity, would you guys prefer I wait until the entire mod is complete before releasing, or would you all be interested in some kind of alpha/beta releases? Like an alpha consisting of the complete first level? This mod is going to take quite a while to complete, and I'm worried I'll start to feel overwhelmed by it and stop working on it eventually. If I commit to some kind of alpha release then it might encourage me to stick with it.

Torki and krkarr like this

Out of curiosity, would you guys prefer I wait until the entire mod is complete before releasing, or would you all be interested in some kind of alpha/beta releases? Like an alpha consisting of the complete first level? This mod is going to take quite a while to complete, and I'm worried I'll start to feel overwhelmed by it and stop working on it eventually. If I commit to some kind of alpha release then it might encourage me to stick with it.

I'd suggest you to follow good old MagSul, and release a demo that you can then constantly expand on. You'd keep people hyped, and you'd probably feel like you've accomplished something more concrete than a project which may end up being too large to be created.

Although I think the shuttle might be a bit too big for the room.

I would think the transport shuttle would have landing feet pads and not sit on its frame or engine nacelles.

My first thought was that the shuttle is broken and was dragged in for repairs lol, and it's not its appropriate place to be kept in.

Could be random plot element, why you had to fix it :(

Been messing around with scripting stuff mostly today, but I did work on a series of decal shaders I'm using to simulate the effect of a spotlight shining on a wall. Since spotlights in JA don't produce the look I'm after.

shot0360_zpsaqesyxm1.jpg

shot0362_zpsvbeecujk.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I think I've settled on a name for my mod, Jedi Outcast: Uprising. I'm also thinking I might need help with making a splash screen and possibly customizing some of the game menus. I'm not too great at that stuff.

yeyo JK, Langerd, krkarr and 1 other like this
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if someone can help me find some music. The song is from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm looking for this bit at the end of the nuke scene. I want to use it in my mod but I can't find it in the soundtrack.

Here you go download it from here I think i manage to get it for you, however if you are not very happy with this one I could spend few minutes between the record sessions with my band tomorrow in the studio and make something for you from scratch with our own orchestra. It will be my pleasure :)

DarthStevenus likes this

Are you going to use this in a cutscene perhaps ?

Yes indeed

Here you go download it from here I think i manage to get it for you, however if you are not very happy with this one I could spend few minutes between the record sessions with my band tomorrow in the studio and make something for you from scratch with our own orchestra. It will be my pleasure :)

Thanks, but I can't seem to get that download to work. Every time I click on it it just takes me to some unrelated spam sites. If it's not too much trouble could you upload it somewhere else? I've used filedropper.com before, that one seems to work okay. It's super fast, you don't even need to create an account or anything.

Yes indeed

Thanks, but I can't seem to get that download to work. Every time I click on it it just takes me to some unrelated spam sites. If it's not too much trouble could you upload it somewhere else? I've used filedropper.com before, that one seems to work okay. It's super fast, you don't even need to create an account or anything.

http://www.filedropper.com/ijonescrystalskull

Thanks, that worked. Sounds good but it awkwardly cuts out at the end so we'd need to find a better clip on youtube, and you can still hear some rumblings of the aftermath of the explosion (though I can probably live with that). If you get some time and if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate if you could whip something up for me in the studio. I'll give you credit either way of course.

Hey, just to let you know I'll be in the studio around mid afternoon my time, so I hope it's not too late for you if you are in a hurry with soundtracks. Also on Facepunch forums, under "modelling" over the Star Wars thread, there was a good HD model of a star destroyer (not sure if it was a port or custom made from scratch), but it's a good reference for the details.