Single Player Campaign WIP

I've been wanting to make a SP mod for a long time, and it's been kind of an on-again, off-again thing for a while. I've gotten to work on it again lately, and I've got some screenshots. The general story is that you play a Reborn who was turned to the light side shortly after the events of Jedi Outcast. It starts with you at the academy on Yavin. The opening cutscene has your character meditating in his room. These are shots of his room, and the hallway leading into it.

Hallway:

shot0159_zpsywidaxkx.jpg

The door to your room:

shot0160_zpswe0d7lfk.jpg

Your room:

shot0163_zpsgnlxee9q.jpg

A fancy space desk:

shot0161_zpsr2pokhxq.jpg

Your old sith lightsaber (which you can switch to in the beginning, if you want)

shot0162_zpsbo7luuxo.jpg

Overall shot of the room:

shot0166_zps08lf6zzm.jpg

Ceiling decoration:

shot0165_zpsmpybpmtp.jpg

I'm not sure why my screenshots are coming out so dark. Been working on trying to improve my lighting, so it's kind of annoying that what I'm seeing in game is so different from my screen captures. I'm not sure what I should trust. But anyway, my idea for the campaign is to have a diverse, Deus Ex style of gameplay, where there are multiple ways of accomplishing a goal so that you can play how you want to play. At the beginning of the game you'll be prompted to choose your force powers, given a certain number of force points. These will affect what you'll be able to do in each mission, like:

Push lvl 2-3: blow apart certain doors, knocking back any enemies behind them

Jump lvl 2-3: get to high up air vents that can let you get past any locked doors

Sense: see hidden structural weaknesses that can be destroyed with your lightsaber to gain entry into a room

Saber throw: destroy out of reach switches that can only be damaged by your lightsaber

Mind trick: control enemies or have them open locked off areas for you

Etc. You'll also be able to turn turrets and combat droids against your enemies by finding ways into security rooms. I made a simple test map with the whole force pushable door thing. I'll post some screenshots of that later.

Pics of the whole pushable door thing:

shot0137_zpslhhwszke.jpg

shot0138_zps56ad4kjp.jpg

shot0140_zpsbymduyat.jpg

shot0142_zpsb4kwbxux.jpg

shot0144_zpskusdjccn.jpg

You have to push 3 times to be able to get through the door, but if you push just twice you can toss a thermal or a detpack in there. There's a push effect you can see in shots 2-4, and there's some sound effects and camera shake as well. It's a lot of fun to do.

That pushable door is very nice.

One suggestion maybe? Maybe make him start with the generic reborn saber and build a unique one later on?

I don't want to give away my whole idea for where the story goes, but that might not make sense for what happens.

You gonna have voice acting? Or at the very least, add some custom sound files edited from the base game? ^_^

I don't know about the voice acting. Every mod I've ever played with voice acting took me out of the experience because the acting was unconvincing, or the audio was bad. I'd almost rather not even bother.

Not at all! I think the blue lights look great. Reminds me of a certain scene in The Dark Knight, actually. I like it. Although I think the shuttle might be a bit too big for the room.

The pushed door looks awesome and I like the setting of this mod.

Once you've got a pretty solid amount of levels, talk to me and I'll see what I can do about helping out on the code side of things.

Smoo likes this

Pics of the whole pushable door thing:

shot0137_zpslhhwszke.jpg

shot0138_zps56ad4kjp.jpg

shot0140_zpsbymduyat.jpg

shot0142_zpsb4kwbxux.jpg

shot0144_zpskusdjccn.jpg

You have to push 3 times to be able to get through the door, but if you push just twice you can toss a thermal or a detpack in there. There's a push effect you can see in shots 2-4, and there's some sound effects and camera shake as well. It's a lot of fun to do.

I remember i wanted to make it in my Cloud City map.. couldnt managed to do that though :P

Cool stuff btw!

yeyo JK and Smoo like this

Changed the center console, which seemed to be displaying a picture of the approaching Death Star from RotJ, which makes no sense. You can press one of the switches to turn off the hologram globe thing, which also switches off the lights/speakers. Destroying the glass displays also switches off some lights.

shot0219_zpspadctmhy.jpg

shot0220_zpsi1cfhgnf.jpg

I know the globe is being cut off by the roof. I can't figure out how to scale a model2 on a func_usable.

Jolly, swegmaster, Torki and 2 others like this

Changed the center console, which seemed to be displaying a picture of the approaching Death Star from RotJ, which makes no sense. You can press one of the switches to turn off the hologram globe thing, which also switches off the lights/speakers. Destroying the glass displays also switches off some lights.

shot0219_zpspadctmhy.jpg

shot0220_zpsi1cfhgnf.jpg

I know the globe is being cut off by the roof. I can't figure out how to scale a model2 on a func_usable.

You can use misc_model and target it at func_usable. Misc_model will act like normal misc_model

Mapped the area at the top of the hangar elevator. I'm trying to add lots of variations in the colors of the lighting. Some white with the elevator light strips, some blues and yellows with the small circular ceiling lights, some red with the light over the rebel insignia door.

shot0223_zpsv7qthbbq.jpg

shot0224_zpsnkuil5km.jpg

shot0225_zpsyr2sd3iu.jpg

I think I'll probably release this as a separate MP FFA map when I'm done.

EDIT: And by "done" I mean when I'm done with this particular map, not the whole SP campaign.

yeyo JK, swegmaster, Kualan and 1 other like this