Jensaarai - Nikkos Tyris (Willing to pay money)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be willing to pay at least $5-$20 for anyone who would do him depending on how good they did.

I can't see myself ever being able to make a model like this, but Ik there are some modelers here that can.

I'm also willing to pay BEFORE you release it (if I feel like I can trust you)..

I'd use blender if the interface wasn't such a dumpster fire, I also can't seem to find anything that beats the IK system in SI. The roots and effectors system that resolves the resolution plane of the chain automatically based on how you draw it saves sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time compared to other software where you have to manually set up IK.

There's so much high quality Softimage training material out there also which can be used for Mod Tool since the only things really missing are exporting to certain file types and the render engine has a limited resolution output but I doubt you'll be making any CGI movies. There are blender tuts of course but professional training videos are more plentiful with SI and they're much shorter than watching someone fumble around who's just making the video in their spare time.

Not only do I need an INCREDIBLY easy interface, but I'd also need a great and very easy-to-follow tutorial.

I don't have the time to put in all of that work, nor the motivation.

The point is, its nearly impossible to put together a model in a day or two, not even counting how long it'll take me to learn how to model in the first place.

Half the time I have no idea what the tutorial is talking about. "First, open the time-space continuum, do this and this." WHERE ARE ALL THESE THINGS THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

The way I would do a tutorial, is teaching each insignificant step. I remember showing some guy simply how to open a file in winrar and editing an npc file, it was a very long and detailed tutorial, but I made it so that even a 5-year-old would understand it.

Not only do I need an INCREDIBLY easy interface, but I'd also need a great and very easy-to-follow tutorial.

The point is, its nearly impossible to put together a model in a day or two, not even counting how long it'll take me to learn how to model in the first place.

Half the time I have no idea what the tutorial is talking about. "First, open the time-space continuum, do this and this." WHERE ARE ALL THESE THINGS THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

The way I would do a tutorial, is teaching each insignificant step. I remember showing some guy simply how to open a file in winrar and editing an npc file, it was a very long and detailed tutorial, but I made it so that even a 5-year-old would understand it.

This is why YouTube tutorials (for whichever software you want to learn) are often the best. They show exactly what you need to click/do for every step. I know Blender also has a feature that displays every button press and key shortcut used which a lot of YouTube tutorials use - so even if the person commentating forgets to say "Then click CTRL + L" it stills shows up on the video. I don't know if SoftImage or any of the others have that feature, but I would imagine so.

Learning the tools is the easy part, it takes years to improve your artistic skills. A day or two is pushing it for a beginner, aim for a week minimum, it could take as much as a month when i started (from modeling to rig, no textures)