CUSTOM SKEL NPC: Gorc

It never turns out good when you try to retarget a FK skeleton to a IK rig, I don't see it working because I tried it too only for it to look terrible. Now though, if all of the JA animations were on like say my biped rig it would just be a few simple clicks and I could transfer everything over.

@@DT85, I plan on just making my own rig and animations. It's something that I can't wait to do and will probably spend all my free time on so it should actually go somewhere unlike most of my personal projects lol.

A genuine walk cycle as well as many other things will look much better than a retargeted human walk.

DT85 likes this

I would much prefer this be closer to the cinematic, but it's upto you as you're the artist. Of course this would be a non-issue if we ditched the video cinematic or part of it. Watch the mouth move on the lil one, it's horrible lol.

Thoughts on this:

We can have a fresh, full set of facial bones which we lip sync ripped audio and animate in max. That animation gets exported to a level-specific GLA and played along with the ripped voice via scripting. The end result would be much better than base JKAs talking and requires no extra coding. I however, do not have a lip sync plugin.

I would much prefer this be closer to the cinematic, but it's upto you as you're the artist. Of course this would be a non-issue if we ditched the video cinematic or part of it. Watch the mouth move on the lil one, it's horrible lol.

Thoughts on this:

We can have a fresh, full set of facial bones which we lip sync ripped audio and animate in max. That animation gets exported to a level-specific GLA and played along with the ripped voice via scripting. The end result would be much better than base JKAs talking and requires no extra coding. I however, do not have a lip sync plugin.

My facial rig I create will be able to do lip-sync... I just need to develop it. :winkthumb:

• 4 weeks later...