Jedi Academy styled artwork

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is that his hand under the saber hilt? It looks completely black, like he has no hand. Maybe try lightening it up a bit so it shows details in the hand a bit. That's the downside to using Modview screenshots: no lighting.

Is that his hand under the saber hilt? It looks completely black, like he has no hand. Maybe try lightening it up a bit so it shows details in the hand a bit. That's the downside to using Modview screenshots: no lighting.

I think he's wearing a glove. But some glove textures are just darkened hand textures that make the hands look dead. If you look closely at the fingers, you can see the nails. It's something I don't get, honestly.

I think he's wearing a glove. But some glove textures are just darkened hand textures that make the hands look dead. If you look closely at the fingers, you can see the nails. It's something I don't get, honestly.

Laziness, really. They probably don't think about the nails and knuckle wrinkles being seen. But it's not hard to just use Kyle's gloved hands or Luke's instead of Jaden's gloveless ones.

But yes, in the above image, he's wearing black gloves, but it took me a sec to realize that. If I didn't see the other hand tucked into his armpit, I probably would have assumed he was missing his hands. Maybe it's just my monitor I'm using atm.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Jedi Artisan in his workshop

(Note I'm relatively new to Photoshopping Jedi Academy Artwork)

roth-bio.png

An advice: If the focus of your image is your character, you don't want to drive the looker's attention away by adding an object that disconnects you from the focus point. In this case, the R5 head isn't positioned in the best place, composition wise. If your characters aren't fighting and don't have the same level of importance, you don't want random objects to be placed in the opposite side of your character's head. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...