Graphics Pen Tablets/ Pen Displays...

So, many years ago I purchased a Wacom Intuos3 6x8 (active area) pen tablet... Sadly, I've only just begun to use it now as I delve into texturing with Photoshop.

I would like to know how many of you graphics artists use pen tablets or pen displays... and if you do (and don't mind to say...) what make/model?

Out of curiosity I visited Wacom's site and the Intuos5 is gone and replaced by the Intuos Pro. Anyone using it? I looked at the Wacom pen displays but their price is ludricous...

...I will say I'm getting use to the Intuos3 tablet in Photoshop.

@@Milamber... nice. I wish there was a model between the Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 22HD...

I just started to compare the Monoprice 22-inch (http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/14481 ) versus the Cintiq 22HD (http://wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-22-hd)

The Wacom has some buttons and touch strips, and more pen functionality... but otherwise them seem close performance-wise. However, the Monoprice is 3.6x cheaper-- ~$500 versus ~$1800.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 for shit, 10 years maybe? Everything works fine, the mouse had to be replaced twice and I've since just bought a normal mouse to use, the left and right click buttons wore out and quit working. The whole not being able to look at what you're hand is doing got easier with this much larger tablet when before I had a 6x8, I have no trouble in ZBrush with this.

I would like to get a Cintiq at some point but building a new tower would definitely come first, I believe very much you get what you pay for an Wacom is number 1 for a reason.

Despite my mouse issues which I think for it's age isn't a big deal the fact that the mouse or the stylus do not use any batteries is really nice.

I have no idea how you got that from the mouse wearing out, it wears out as in the buttons quit working, I know it has no pressure sensitivity.

Why would I have bought the tablet if I wasn't going to use the pen? Kinda pointless right?

How did the mouse wear out?  By use... ergo I assumed you were not using your grip pen... anyways... you might want to grab some extra nibs off the internet before they can't be found.

I still have some, I'd imagine only someone who used the tablet for professional use would be wearing those things out. A hobbyist like myself especially with how rarely I even get on the computer isn't going to burn through the 3 I have any time soon.

The left click just stopped working, probably from playing games a lot. I bought a second one and after a few years that one did the same so I just went back to a normal mouse which is nicer since the tablet is now in the center of the desk which feels more natural to me than off to the side.