SWTOR KOTET Soundtrack Samples

Data-miners recently found 1 hour worth of music from the upcoming SWTOR expansion. One of the lead composers, Gordy Haab, confirmed that all of this will be properly orchestrated and what is heard now is virtual instruments. Regardless, I'm impressed with how good it sounds in this state and as a big fan of KOTFE's soundtrack its nice to hear them keep that Star Wars aesthetic while introducing new elements. Really strong main theme as well. Let me know what you guys think:

https://soundcloud.com/jedipedia/sets/swtor-kotet-music

Music in Star Wars is one of the main things, which I always admire in the franchise and which I always look for, when a new story comes out, whether it's a new film or a video game (or else). I started playing SWTOR years ago, from its first day of release. By that time, it had lots of music, taken from the OT, the prequels and both KOTORs. With the expansion it became clear, that they would need much more to keep players in the game – both new voices/lines and music were made specifically for the new chapters.

So, yes, I agree here – it's an amazing job of making so much for the continuing story of the SWTOR game. I must say, that I like KOTOR music much more – while new in style, it bears familiar patterns in several tracks, such as the Sith theme and the Force/Jedi theme. Original SWTOR tracks also boast these qualities to certain extent. For instance, when you arrive on Tatooine you can hear both the music from a New Hope, as well as certain remixes, which indicate: you're indeed on a desert world, farthest from the centre of the Galaxy.

I am bit more interested in the fact, that SWTOR also utilizes several unreleased tracks from KOTOR I. These can be heard in cutscenes of the game, but they never were released as an OST. In SWTOR you can hear them perfectly in various scenes. Including the one with expansion about Emperor Valkorion – in a forest scene, where the Player encounters Satele Shan in exile or so.

Like here in the very end:

UPDATE – Just found this video from the Expansion to SWTOR, and they seem to be using the Republic Commando original tracks as well.

Lazarus likes this

Nice. I'll wait to play it to hear it all though. I still need to play through KOTFE.

I normally don't listen to soundtrack samples because it ruins the experience of hearing it for the first time, but because they're MIDIs I made an exception.

I hear a lot of KOTOR 1 influences in some of these tracks but some of them also have the dark brooding atmosphere of KOTOR 2, like this one for example:

https://soundcloud.com/jedipedia/540498384a?in=jedipedia/sets/swtor-kotet-music

Circa likes this