E-11 Standalone project (To be featured later in WeaponsHD)

Okay so today, after a nice conversation on Discord, I decided I'll start doing the guns now before all else, because we probably all feel that JKA is in some kind of urgent need for them. I mean come on, those old blocky ones are just wierd at this point.

Here's what I got so far:
@@Seven has provided me with a superb rip of the E-11 model from the new Battlefront. I exploded the mesh and will use it to help me remodeling it part-by-part.

scre11explosion.png

Other references I'm gonna use are these:

e11egwt.png

...And this one to replicate the look of the textures:

e-11blasterrifledice.png

So, now of course I'm gonna leave some small details out for JKA. I would need help figuring those parts out and I'll keep you posted here with updates, for now I'm gonna model the base, handle and the scope. Also, any and every suggestion regarding my work or even critics are welcome so don't worry, just shoot away!

Stoiss, Circa, Kualan and 9 others like this

Okay so today, after a nice conversation on Discord, I decided I'll start doing the guns now before all else, because we probably all feel that JKA is in some kind of urgent need for them. I mean come on, those old blocky ones are just wierd at this point.

@@Seven has provided me with a superb rip of the E-11 model from the new Battlefront. I exploded the mesh and will use it to help me remodeling it part-by-part.

scre11explosion.png

e11egwt.png

e-11blasterrifledice.png

So, now of course I'm gonna leave some small details out for JKA. I would need help figuring those parts out and I'll keep you posted here with updates, for now I'm gonna model the base, handle and the scope. Also, any and every suggestion regarding my work or even critics are welcome so don't worry, just shoot away!

epic m8, can't wait for dankness

scre112.jpg

After two restarts, it's finally taking shape. Couldn't decide with which reference to go, now I'm literary remodeling the Battlefront E-11. Note that this will become the highpoly model, but I'm never turbosmoothing or placing support loops till I finish the whole base model.

Darth Sion and Bek like this

E-11 Blaster Rifle (Highpoly) by Rooxon on Sketchfab

Highpoly is somewhat done, except for that underpart which can be extended... I can't decide whether I should add it or not, since it resembles the vanilla JKA gun a lot more like this. What do you think?
Other than this, just slight detail work is needed for this, some parts that are gonna help me texture easier later on. Thanks to @@Seven, it was really easy to recreate this gun because of the model he provided.
swegmaster, GLTh3Pr0 and Seven like this

Highpoly is somewhat done, except for that underpart which can be extended... I can't decide whether I should add it or not, since it resembles the vanilla JKA gun a lot more like this. What do you think?

Other than this, just slight detail work is needed for this, some parts that are gonna help me texture easier later on. Thanks to @@Seven, it was really easy to recreate this gun because of the model he provided.

Looks great! I personally prefer it with the extendable stock as it looks better and it's movie accurate. BTW, how can you be SO fast? lol

Posted this in the Discord, but I'll say again here. The stock definitely needs to be there, as it's movie accurate and it looks strange without it, in my opinion. It won't need to be extended, as we can't really do that in JKA currently, but could be a cool bonus model. And if/when JKE allows the addition of more guns easily, we can use the extended version, possibly.

For those of you that don't know, the E-11 has a retractable stock:

SxF8Lqz.png

I don't think it was ever used in the films, however.

Rooxon likes this

E-11 Blaster Rifle (Highpoly) by Rooxon on Sketchfab

I have all the base game weapons models from BF if you need any others. Or all of them.

The base game model has a small shape to resemble the front end of the folded stock, whoever modeled the guns for jko and jka seems to have had little to no reference material or really wanted to keep the tri count low. I also think the grip could be a little wider now that I see it from the Front with the barrel attached

Rooxon likes this

The base game model has a small shape to resemble the front end of the folded stock, whoever modeled the guns for jko and jka seems to have had little to no reference material or really wanted to keep the tri count low. I also think the grip could be a little wider now that I see it from the Front with the barrel attached

the grip yet needs those metal parts and a bolt around them, check ref picture 3. The game model is horrible, simply horrible.

@@AshuraDX Yeah. I think the sole reason for this is the fact, that back in 2003 too hefty models could actually fry your comp. I remember having a quite-good computer and I couldn't run JKA with that volumetric glow or what it's called. Also, I compared the models from EA BF and vanilla JKA; the difference? about 3600 verts and faces lol. Imagining now how many verts and faces there are in each game, in each moment of your view.... huh. Computers evolved a long way. If it wasn't for the engine limitations, we could be doing a lot nicer models with more details modeled in them.

Could you make a FD-11 version of this as well? :)

could you post a reference picture?

EDIT: Oh, AshuraDX told me it's the Force Awakens stormie gun. I probably won't do it since I'm full with work for now. Might create it for JK:Enhanced tho once it allows more guns

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

scre11explosion.png

e11egwt.png

e-11blasterrifledice.png

That blaster is looking great! 

Are you making other blasters perhaps... maybe an a-280 ?  :P

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A280_blaster_rifle