WIP: Unnamed Star Wars JKA comic

Star Wars: Legends Thread

This is Star Wars: Legends comic thread. Below are some of the previous WIP pics I had created to showcase the effects utilized in the comic. Nothing in this thread is set in stone, and is spoiler free. I am open to discussing any plot points here, and open to taking story arc requests. Spoiler discussions will need to be tagged for others. That is all.

teQz8tT.jpgjt515lC.pngBNA4bLd.pngEGlJARW.pngGb4hGXg.jpgXJLsW1L.png

Let me know what yall think.

*I AM AWARE THAT THE SECOND PICTURE IS THE WRONG PLAYERMODEL. AND I AM FIXING IT. LIKE RIGHT NOW*

Looking good! I'll be tuning in when you release the full comic.

The only feedback I can offer based on these first few images is to consider tweaking the brightness/contrast/vibrance settings on your characters to help them 'blend' with the backgrounds a little more so it looks a little less obvious that they've been cut out and green-screened into the image via Modview. At the moment the characters are pretty bright whilst the backgrounds are pretty dark.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with! Keep it up.

Real quick, if y'all have custom skins or models of characters you have created for the TFA canon storyline (this includes Original Characters), that you want to appear, i'll likely put them in as a side or background character. Be warned, unlike Kualan's comic there will only be 3 canon characters that will make recurring appearances in this comic. Main characters may die, regularly. So if you give me a character. don't be upset if they die.

I see a Sith assassin from the Jedi Civil War era in shot 1 and Sariss in later screens, though I suppose, these are very different characters. The most interesting thing in behind the scenes about the comics is actually the materials, used to create the environment, the props and other necessary stuff. Including the background characters. I actually do like the look of the map, which has an Endor/Corellia looks, but the name of the map is unfamiliar in general. I would like to see the comics and more on the development of the story and backstory too.

This comic centers around The Force Awakens Era, following the former Jedi Jaden Korr, and what he has done and will do following the events of the second Jedi Purge, destruction of the Hosnian System, and rediscovery of his former Grandmaster, Luke Skywalker. In this modernized take on the original Jedi Academy stories, Kyle Katarn was the tutor to both Rosh Penin and Jaden Korr, both whom arrived at the age of 17 (Jaden was sent at the behest of Ben Solo, shortly before his turn to the Dark Side). Over the course of a year, Jaden and Rosh quickly discovered (along with the rest of the Academy, known as the Jedi Praxeum in this storyline) that a mysterious Sith Cult, founded on the world of Ren, have been attempting to siphon force powers into the scepter of Marka Ragnos, in order to revive Darth Vader. Rosh was turned, to which Jaden and Kyle succeeded in turned him back to the light. After discovering that his former friend, Ben Solo, was in fact Kylo Ren, Master Kyle Katarn attempted to face him alone, without Jaden or Luke. The battle resulted in Kyle's death. In honor of his former Master, Jaden claimed Kyle's lightsaber and set off to defeat Ben on Moraband. Like his master before him, Jaden was defeated and left to the mercy of Ben, who spared his life. After Luke found him half dead in the temple, Jaden decided to leave in search of Ben. A fruitless search, for he and his followers had already disappeared into the Outer Rim. For 5 years Jaden searched, to no avail, until finally returning home to Aquarius. There he was greeted with the title of Viscount and discovered that his father, Gram Korr, had also disappeared into the Outer Rim, presumably to search and destroy the Imperial Remnant, now known as the First Order. On the sixth year, news reached Aquarius that the First Order had emerged from the Outer Rim, and their mystical warriors, the Knights of Ren, had destroyed the once blooming Jedi Order. This only strengthened Jaden's resolve to remain in self imposed exile. The years after that were hard on Jaden, as he heard of the growing threat of the First Order, destruction of the New Republic, and finally the victory of the Resistance and rumors of a new Jedi. Jaden dismissed these rumors. Until the Jedi found him.

That's the story up until now. And all I'll say on the overarching plot leading up to the comic. I will state that, the first part of the comic is a flashback following Gram Korr, and that is in fact Sariss, the very same that Kyle Katarn presumably killed on Ruusan. You'll get the full story with the comic. I will be publishing character sheets within the next couple of hours for the main characters you'll end up seeing (minus the surprise ones, and those essential to plot success). 

Unlike Kualan's comic, I am only working with 3 canon characters. The rest are my take on Legends characters (expect to see some fan favorites), and none are protected by canon, therefor any of them may die. I'm going for a very realistic take on the Star Wars universe, through the eyes of a very broken man. 

DTIII likes this

Hmm, this seems like it's gonna be pretty awesome.

My character, Karag Drakas, would be 71 around the events that Kylo and the Knights of Ren slew all of Luke's Jedi. (24 years after Endor, according to sources). My story would have it where the Knights of Ren struck him down in battle, during the elimination of those Jedi. I have it where he was one of the elder members assisting in the training, leading up to the massacre. He's also a Commander with the New Republic.

I like your story here and I am glad you are implementing legends with the "new" canon in the story. :)

Hmm, this seems like it's gonna be pretty awesome.

My character, Karag Drakas, would be 71 around the events that Kylo and the Knights of Ren slew all of Luke's Jedi. (24 years after Endor, according to sources). My story would have it where the Knights of Ren struck him down in battle, during the elimination of those Jedi. I have it where he was one of the elder members assisting in the training, leading up to the massacre. He's also a Commander with the New Republic.

I like your story here and I am glad you are implementing legends with the "new" canon in the story. :)

I would need a playermodel, or skin. Considering he's also dead he could possibly appear in a flashback, or be briefly mentioned. Beyond that however, I'm unsure.

Yeah, I was going to get on making all versions of him during different eras. So I'll probably get one done of him during that time soon. If you'd like, I can give you an in depth background of him sometime - regardless if you plan on using him or not. :)

Yeah, I was going to get on making all versions of him during different eras. So I'll probably get one done of him during that time soon. If you'd like, I can give you an in depth background of him sometime - regardless if you plan on using him or not. :)

Fitting him in is the only difficult part. PM me the details of his background.

HUGE update, boys. I'm 12 pages in, and planning another 10 to complete the first issue! The main focus of this first issue will be to introduce a whole lot of questions, instead of answering them, so don't be disappointed if you're a tad bit confused concerning the flashbacks. In the meantime, I highly advise (for those who have not already) to read into the Dark Forces books or wookipedia entries in order to get a grip on the Katarn talk in the first flashback sequence. You are being thrust straight into the action, and given very little information beyond what you already know of the EU. My friend is currently working on an encyclopedic issue to explain the basic premise for non-jkhub/non-EU readers! Here are some more images to quench some thirst before I release it. 

qyyCp8r.png

and

TXR3IUz.png

I also took the liberty of creating a chessy quote version. Sorry not sorry:

ToIlcGig.png

Toodles!

TheWhitePhoenix and Smoo like this

HUGE update, boys. I'm 12 pages in, and planning another 10 to complete the first issue! The main focus of this first issue will be to introduce a whole lot of questions, instead of answering them, so don't be disappointed if you're a tad bit confused concerning the flashbacks. In the meantime, I highly advise (for those who have not already) to read into the Dark Forces books or wookipedia entries in order to get a grip on the Katarn talk in the first flashback sequence. You are being thrust straight into the action, and given very little information beyond what you already know of the EU. My friend is currently working on an encyclopedic issue to explain the basic premise for non-jkhub/non-EU readers! Here are some more images to quench some thirst before I release it. 

qyyCp8r.png

and

TXR3IUz.png

I also took the liberty of creating a chessy quote version. Sorry not sorry:

ToIlcGig.png

Toodles!

Who's the girl Jaden has his arm around? ^_^