Jedi Academy: Brutality

The biggest amateur move is to modify the assets and ship them. There is literally no reason to even do this other than just being a moron as you can overwrite the assets quite easily using clever naming of the pk3.

Anyone who modifies the assets is an idiot, no matter the reason, they should have been locked to read only out of the box.

The biggest amateur move is to modify the assets and ship them. There is literally no reason to even do this other than just being a moron as you can overwrite the assets quite easily using clever naming of the pk3.

Anyone who modifies the assets is an idiot, no matter the reason, they should have been locked to read only out of the box.

(Actually, most of them are)

Hello everyone, i know) i'm idiot)))
I was very sorry about for the previous version of the modification. 
We fix our terrible mistakes.

I must apologize to you, course I live in country where we have a little different point of view about copyright.
And I was stupid course I thought that its not so important to create something for old game (2003 is too old for game industry, I guess) and miss some formalities. 

Please, excuse my omission, now I understand that its all my fault and I promise that this situation will not happen again.

What was I thinking!?!?! really sorry for this.....

So:

1. The next version (0.04) of “Brutality” will require the original "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy". Without the original game, the modification can not be started.
  2. We began to fill the “Readme” file.
    First steps of Readme file here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a90XYo08kZinadSCSqULphw3yi8gIN-lgrqLNgho3TM/edit?usp=sharin

Hello everyone, i know) i'm idiot)))

I was very sorry about for the previous version of the modification. 

We fix our terrible mistakes.

I must apologize to you, course I live in country where we have a little different point of view about copyright.

And I was stupid course I thought that its not so important to create something for old game (2003 is too old for game industry, I guess) and miss some formalities. 

Please, excuse my omission, now I understand that its all my fault and I promise that this situation will not happen again.

What was I thinking!?!?! really sorry for this.....

So:

1. The next version (0.04) of “Brutality” will require the original "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy". Without the original game, the modification can not be started.
  2. We began to fill the “Readme” file.

First steps of Readme file here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a90XYo08kZinadSCSqULphw3yi8gIN-lgrqLNgho3TM/edit?usp=sharin

And sorry for my English

I appreciate the sentiment!

A few things that could be improved with your readme file:

• The following don't need to be included with your project: GetExeSymbolDir, GetPdbSymbolDir, IFC22.dll, OpenAL32.dll, EaxMan.dll, some of these aren't used by OpenJK and some are included with the original Jedi Academy installation.
  • The following should be moved into your mod folder, so they don't overwrite existing files and require the person to reinstall their game to uninstall your mod: cgamex86.dll, jampgamex86.dll, uix86.dll, jagamex86.dll
  • DO NOT replace jasp.exe, use a different name for this. You can add a new entry to the QEffectsGL.ini with whatever name of the executable is. So there is a section for jasp, if you add a section for "brutality" it will work with brutality.exe.
  • It might be best to list the enemy types and detail your features better. Also the formatting could maybe be a little bit better, but I understand that this is going to be what's in a .txt file, so it is fine I guess.

Overall, you're doing a pretty good job, can't wait to try this mod out for myself.

Lancelot, Smoo, Revan9190 and 4 others like this
  • 5 months later...

I was wondering how this mod was doing... but, I can't say anything good. I just downloaded your latest (November) release from four VK site just to see that you still release all the entire game, but in a more "gray" place, I can just download and play, no installation or game dependency needed.

I don't want to be "that" guy, but by supporting this mod, you're all supporting an illicit activity.

Edit; I mean, some parts the mod looks great (I say some because I saw some incoherences), but you should cut off any assets that are from the original game and pack the rest as the "mod", so people need to actually install it on the game, not just, download and voilà, thats piracy.