Color scheme changes

Thunderbird

To give you an idea, This is my casual screen range of colours: 

16hkymd.png

This is pretty much how it appears when the game is launched. As you can see there is like a shade of blue setting in the whole screen, probably because it's required, in order to see the game well:

rtny9f.png

And this is when I click away from the in-game window, the main "task" at that moment is Quicktime player there. The screen goes back to its normal range of colours:

ouqsnr.png

My problem is that I cannot record the gameplay with the colours being displayed like in the second picture. It always records with the casual screen range of colours. The dark screen if you want. In fact, it seems like playing the game makes my whole screen set itself in a different colour display. Is it OpenGL related?

PS: I photoshopped the 2nd picture since I cannot screenshot with that group of colours either. But it's pretty much what it looks like.

This is unique to the Mac versions of JK2 and JKA. OpenJK fixes the issue, however.

Perhaps @@redsaurus or @@Xycaleth can elaborate more.

I can never launch OpenJK when I install it. Even after reading through this. It crashes instantly, I can launch the game via the .app or via JKJALaunch though (for JKA).

Bug report:

Process:         openjk.x86_64 [16189]
Path:            /Users/USER/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/*/openjk.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/openjk.x86_64
Identifier:      openjk.x86_64
Version:         ???
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [174]
Responsible:     openjk.x86_64 [16189]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2016-08-18 22:17:43.715 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  DE0C17DF-229F-E9B8-1443-DBBAC2A9AECB

Sleep/Wake UUID: 6E5B9067-9903-4079-9B8F-66679A4C76C2

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/USER/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/*/openjk.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/openjk.x86_64
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x7fff60652000 -     0x7fff60685817  dyld (239.4) <2B17750C-ED1B-3060-B64E-21897D08B28B> /usr/lib/dyld
0x7fff8a079000 -     0x7fff8a087fff  com.apple.opengl (9.6.0 - 9.6.0) <709F4A02-73A0-303C-86B5-85C596C8B707> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
0x7fff90da1000 -     0x7fff90db2ff7  libz.1.dylib (53) <42E0C8C6-CA38-3CA4-8619-D24ED5DD492E> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib

Model: MacBookPro9,2, BootROM MBP91.00D3.B09, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.5 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 2.2f41
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Built-In, 1024 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x384A54463235363634485A2D3147364D3120
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x384A54463235363634485A2D3147364D3120
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0xF5), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.22)
Bluetooth: Version 4.2.3f10 13477, 3 services, 23 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: APPLE HDD HTS545050A7E362, 500.11 GB
Serial ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-8A8
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
USB Device: IR Receiver
USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 25.1

@@Thunderbird

Put the openjk apps in this directory:

/Users/USER/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support
Your main base folder should be there as well. It gets messy if you're messing with the inside of the actual JKA app.

EDIT: I see that you are using that directory...my bad. :P Are you sure you have the right SDL version and installed it correctly?

@@Circa @@ensiform SDL 2.0.4 DMG file is downloaded and I copied the SDL2.framework in the right directory, next to some other frameworks (It even asked me my computer password to accept the move). Then got the latest Mac version of OpenJK, then copied the 2 files OpenJK and OpenJK SP on the folder that contains base folder, (so next to base folder), from that long 'Containers' directory.

I just tried that again, but I still have the same issue. It has to be noted that also have japlus folder next to base. Bug report shows no difference from the one I posted before.

I find it curious that the report shows the OpenGL Framework directory instead of SDL2.

@@Circa @@ensiform SDL 2.0.4 DMG file is downloaded and I copied the SDL2.framework in the right directory, next to some other frameworks (It even asked me my computer password to accept the move). Then got the latest Mac version of OpenJK, then copied the 2 files OpenJK and OpenJK SP on the folder that contains base folder, (so next to base folder), from that long 'Containers' directory.

I just tried that again, but I still have the same issue. It has to be noted that also have japlus folder next to base. Bug report shows no difference from the one I posted before.

I find it curious that the report shows the OpenGL Framework directory instead of SDL2.

Well, the one you posted shows SDL 2.0.0 so I'd hope the new one shows 2.0.4.

I just updated my OpenJK with the latest build and it works fine for me. Hmm. Strange. I'm trying to remember all the things I've run into like this in the past. The main difference I can see at first is that you're running OS X 10.9, whereas I'm on 10.11.

Add me on Skype or Discord or Steam and maybe I can help you better. (info in my profile)

Topic moved to Jedi Knight Tech Support.

If he installed it correctly, it should be able to find it though. 

Well, the one you posted shows SDL 2.0.0 so I'd hope the new one shows 2.0.4.

It's a very good point you're making here. I downloaded the one that's called SDL2-2.0.4.dmg on the website however, I just tried it again, it says still:

I assume I had the wrong version without realising it. That's probably the reason why it's not working. Where would I get the actual 2.0.4 one?

It's a very good point you're making here. I downloaded the one that's called SDL2-2.0.4.dmg on the website however, I just tried it again, it says still:

I assume I had the wrong version without realising it. That's probably the reason why it's not working. Where would I get the actual 2.0.4 one?

Well, if that's what you downloaded, I'd assume it's the correct one.

What happens if you go to Finder, click Go, Go to Folder and paste this in and press enter:

/usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/

Is libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib there?

Well, if that's what you downloaded, I'd assume it's the correct one.

What happens if you go to Finder, click Go, Go to Folder and paste this in and press enter:

/usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/

Is libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib there?

It says the folder can't be found. I did install it in the right directory tho.

It says the folder can't be found. I did install it in the right directory tho.

Just remembered. You need Homebrew.

Follow this:

http://brew.sh

Then in Terminal:

brew install sdl2

If it says its installed but not linked, type this:

brew link sdl2

I should put that in that tutorial...

Just remembered. You need Homebrew.

Follow this:

http://brew.sh

Then in Terminal:

brew install sdl2

If it says its installed but not linked, type this:

brew link sdl2
I should put that in that tutorial...

200dzrk.png

I could find a /usr folder by just typing /usr in Finder. There was a local folder in it. However, no opt folder inside it. 

200dzrk.png

I could find a /usr folder by just typing /usr in Finder. There was a local folder in it. However, no opt folder inside it.

Did you press Enter when it asked? Looks like you aborted the installation instead.

Okay, so do those other two steps I mentioned.

Done, and the linking was already done.

244xt00.png

And btw, I can now find the /usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/ and libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib is there.

EDIT: Aaaand OpenJK is now running. :) I recorded a test video, still the video looks dark just like in the 3rd picture.

Done, and the linking was already done.

244xt00.png

And btw, I can now find the /usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/ 

and libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib is there.

EDIT: Aaaand OpenJK is now running. :) I recorded a test video, still the video looks dark just like in the 3rd picture.

It shouldn't change the color... that's strange. What are you using to record?

and libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib is there.

It shouldn't change the color... that's strange. What are you using to record?

I used both Quicktime and OBS. So both external software to the game.

The only moment when I get the right colours (Like in the second picture), is when game is running and as main task. Every time, I run the game, There's the blue shade that appears across the screen. I can't seem to get that necessary blue shade in the recording. Not even in screenshot I can, as the 2nd picture is just photoshopped.

Although that display changes, the display profile that's under Preferences > Display, remains unchanged.

I used both Quicktime and OBS. So both external software to the game.

The only moment when I get the right colours (Like in the second picture), is when game is running and as main task. Every time, I run the game, There's the blue shade that appears across the screen. I can't seem to get that necessary blue shade in the recording. Not even in screenshot I can, as the 2nd picture is just photoshopped.

Although that display changes, the display profile that's under Preferences > Display, remains unchanged.

So even when you open QT and begin recording and then switch back to the game, it doesn't change? Or it changes but QT isn't capturing it?

I just tested basically what you're doing and it works fine for me. Or it appears to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6tZSRWsRg

Although I do remember having that issue even on OpenJK a couple years ago. Perhaps it was fixed on an OS level? You're running an older version of OS X, which might be why. But I'm really not sure at all.

So even when you open QT and begin recording and then switch back to the game, it doesn't change? Or it changes but QT isn't capturing it?

I just tested basically what you're doing and it works fine for me. Or it appears to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6tZSRWsRg

Although I do remember having that issue even on OpenJK a couple years ago. Perhaps it was fixed on an OS level? You're running an older version of OS X, which might be why. But I'm really not sure at all.

That's it, neither QT or OBS seem to capture the blue shade. This modified video will show you how it looks during recording (Don't pay too much attention bout quality, I lowered it on purpose here) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmiCcn1QEQ

Obviously, that blue shade I added in the video does not reflect the perfect quality of that during the recording. I even did the internal /screenshot and pictures come in 'dark version' such as this one:

w2xcj.jpg

What is surprising is that because my whole screen get that shade, when I click on a picture to open it and then get back to the game the picture obviously looks just as perfect as the game, but only to go darker again when quitting the game.

I, therefore just started to realise: If playing the game changes the display, there is no way any program can capture the change, unless I get a video editing software with precise Colour Edition or something. Could be graphic issue, I don't know.