Jump to content

GP Channel's WIP Wampa Cave


Recommended Posts

  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...


My name is GP from Movie Duels Development Team.I'm a mapper, mission designer,user interface designer( I'm sure you all remember the new menu of the last update)and a texture artist.Maybe some of you realized that I was offline since the last update.You all know that I always shared pictures, videos of WIP content (like last time I did with Exegol)but suddenly I vanished...Sadly my PC lost the war.My motherboard and power supply died (they were very old) and one day ago i got the news that maybe my graphics card (GTX1050)might have the same problem too.It was the worst time that could've happened, cause I have a lot of future projects what will blow your mind.(At the moment can't say anything about them but I'm really the one, who always sees all your requests, and these projects will blow your mind!!!). Sadly I just don't have the money for new parts. I need to save all my cash for my family, and everyone knows the most important things in life is family. Me and my wife have plans( baby ) and we want to combine our savings for the future.
[And yes I tried to use Force resurrection on my dead parts spoiler,it didn't work (thanks Palpatine).]

Seriously, I told the story of my PC in the team and something wonderful happened. One of our members called Angel's Modder had the idea to start a little donation for me so I can scrape together a little money for some parts of the PC. Some of the members like Dennis agreed. When I saw the kindness of the members, it really melted my heart.... First I was not sure about it, but I decided to go along with their plan.
So dear MD fans, my brothers and sisters!
I have started a little donation.
IF you would support me, I'd be honored and would really appreciate it! It would get me closer to getting back to work. As Kenobi said:"You must do, what you feel is right!"

 

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=YWSDK9ZTY2AUA

Link to post

spacer.png
The fact that you stated that you have INCOME and you are asking for DONATIONS just blows my mind, we all go through hard times but we still find a way. You seem to be focusing all your money on important things which is good but then at the same time wanting other peoples money for something that isn't the most important thing right now in life when you got family to take care of. If you really want to fix your computer or get a new one, it doesn't matter how much money you make, it's how you use it and if you stashed up money for you and your wife, then you can stash up money for new parts or a new computer. Don't ask for handouts when you have income.

Bluehood and Jeff like this
Link to post
10 hours ago, Omega said:

spacer.png
The fact that you stated that you have INCOME and you are asking for DONATIONS just blows my mind, we all go through hard times but we still find a way. You seem to be focusing all your money on important things which is good but then at the same time wanting other peoples money for something that isn't the most important thing right now in life when you got family to take care of. If you really want to fix your computer or get a new one, it doesn't matter how much money you make, it's how you use it and if you stashed up money for you and your wife, then you can stash up money for new parts or a new computer. Don't ask for handouts when you have income.

Idk why you were so suprised (if you read the letter you know I have payment) 

I work as an actor in a little theater. Sadly my payment is under the normal,but as I said I need all my money for family plans. And I just dont get you. Of course having my new computer is not the most important thing in life for other people. But like in youtube,if people want to help the other they donate(like with superchat). That donation as I wrote was not my idea,some team members wanted to help to get the computer FASTER. Lets see.. For example I am sure if idk like you or...idk Jeff would start a donation in jkhub I would donate. I am sure you have money too,but you take your time to make jk community happy with your idk kitbashes,and I love your works ergo you made my day too a lot of times .Yeah maybe only I can add 1 euro,but I would add something,so the other can get closer and closer to their dream.

 I WONT BEG for money to anyone,if someone feels that wants to support me,I will be honored. I did not say: oh give all your payment to meee hehe. If someone decide to support me with examole 1 euro or less,its more than enough and I 100% appriciate it.

Of course you dont know how I live and I dont say you must understand it,but dont judge me because I decided to call for help to a community. An no offense Omega,still love you and your work,but I wanted to write down my thoughts about your letter. And I want to end this little conversation

If someone decide to help a modder I would be blessed,if they say he cant help because they have problems too or just simply they want to put their money in other things thats 100% acceptable. 🙂

 

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, GPChannel said:

Idk why you were so suprised (if you read the letter you know I have payment) 

I work as an actor in a little theater. Sadly my payment is under the normal,but as I said I need all my money for family plans. And I just dont get you. Of course having my new computer is not the most important thing in life for other people. But like in youtube,if people want to help the other they donate(like with superchat). That donation as I wrote was not my idea,some team members wanted to help to get the computer FASTER. Lets see.. For example I am sure if idk like you or...idk Jeff would start a donation in jkhub I would donate. I am sure you have money too,but you take your time to make jk community happy with your idk kitbashes,and I love your works ergo you made my day too a lot of times .Yeah maybe only I can add 1 euro,but I would add something,so the other can get closer and closer to their dream.

 I WONT BEG for money to anyone,if someone feels that wants to support me,I will be honored. I did not say: oh give all your payment to meee hehe. If someone decide to support me with examole 1 euro or less,its more than enough and I 100% appriciate it.

Of course you dont know how I live and I dont say you must understand it,but dont judge me because I decided to call for help to a community. An no offense Omega,still love you and your work,but I wanted to write down my thoughts about your letter. And I want to end this little conversation

If someone decide to help a modder I would be blessed,if they say he cant help because they have problems too or just simply they want to put their money in other things thats 100% acceptable. 🙂

 

 

Even if you just want to get it faster with help why didnt you try and figure out how much you'll need and make a GoFundMe or something. Having a PayPal link with no limit or discernable amount you need seems kind of wrong. People could assume you still need money when you dont and keep donating unnecessarily.

Omega likes this
Link to post
1 hour ago, Bluehood said:

Even if you just want to get it faster with help why didnt you try and figure out how much you'll need and make a GoFundMe or something. Having a PayPal link with no limit or discernable amount you need seems kind of wrong. People could assume you still need money when you dont and keep donating unnecessarily.

Yep first I tried gofundme but it did not support Hungary,that is why my team member said PayPal. Never used PayPal for anything before this. But I will check the donation now and I will make a limit. 

Edit: tried to setup a limit,but cant do it,if you know how to setup it you can tell me.

Link to post

I think a more formal way of asking might of been better. e.g. how much you need and what you plan to do if you got your new PC might of been better. Not gonna bust your balls over it.

That all being said not gonna donate for a new PC so you can work on future projects if I have no idea what you are even working on. (Have a pretty good idea though) Good luck. 😛

 

GPChannel and TheWhitePhoenix like this
Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I think a more formal way of asking might of been better. e.g. how much you need and what you plan to do if you got your new PC might of been better. Not gonna bust your balls over it.

That all being said not gonna donate for a new PC so you can work on future projects if I have no idea what you are even working on. (Have a pretty good idea though) Good luck. 😛

 

Well if I tell what project we will work in Movie Duels it would ruin the reactions when its done. What I can say,I want to work on missions,what Revan software never did sadly. And fans always wanted specific timelines and missions in movie duels...i wont spoil other things. 

About the PC. I want to learn more about textures,and animations so I want to have a good computer for the best visuals. Always loved to make high quality textures for jk3 models,sometimes remaster old models with more real textures. But of course with a nice pc I want to learn more things about textures,but only for jk but for other engines.

Animating was always a thing I really wanted to try. Of course not just for jedi academy,but for unreal and other FPS games.

So after what happened I searched for parts I mainly need and the minimum I need to get them is 280 E for the motherboard and Power Pack. But this without the new card.(I have now a gtx1050,it have some startup problem but atm its not unusable I think) with a new card it would be 680 E.

Hope I answered for the comments 🙂

(but I said,donate is not mandatory.)

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...