Weird crash

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

I'm having an odd crash that I've never seen before related to some custom textures. I replaced the lightsaber effects with my own textures created in GIMP. When I install them the game crashes and the console gives me an error saying "Requested feature was omitted at compile time". I have them at double the resolution of the original, but that's never been an issue when I've done this before, so I don't think that's the problem. This only happens in vanilla JK and not OpenJK, but I still would like to resolve this issue because this also happens with a mod I recently released and I didn't find out until it was already out there. Happens in both SP and MP.

I've never had this happen before, using the same tools I always have, and I really don't know why it would be happening. Any thoughts?

• Solution

The textures were saved as Progressive, which makes JKA crash. Open them up in GIMP and save them again, when the JPEG window comes up, make sure Progressive is not selected. Instead just standard or optimised or whatever GIMP calls them.