[SWS Mod] Dune Sea

Pretty good seeing as you're learning on the job. :)

I will say this though regarding the entire mod: The usage of brushwork instead of models for detail won't make these maps stand out from base JKA. I got real creative with DF2 mod levels but still, brushwork just looks like outdated crap in comparison. If anyone uses 3ds Max and is looking to export quality (by quality I mean custom normals to make your models "pop") MD3's, the updated exporters are out: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2982-3ds-max-md3-exporter-multi-version-pack/

yeyo JK and Bek like this

Pretty good seeing as you're learning on the job. :)

I will say this though regarding the entire mod: The usage of brushwork instead of models for detail won't make these maps stand out from base JKA. I got real creative with DF2 mod levels but still, brushwork just looks like outdated crap in comparison. If anyone uses 3ds Max and is looking to export quality (by quality I mean custom normals to make your models "pop") MD3's, the updated exporters are out: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2982-3ds-max-md3-exporter-multi-version-pack/

Not really wanting it to stand out, honestly. If anything I want it to be on par with the SP maps. If people want to donate models for me to use, then by all means. I just want to make these levels become a reality. All the good mappers that do amazing mapping and modeling work are either long gone or are not interested in helping. So I'm doing it myself. :P Also, in my opinion, you can make things look really good in this engine, but it's still JKA. There's only so much you can do. I'm not about to try to make a map look like it does in Battlefront.

EDIT:

Is it possible to disable weapon pickups on a map? Or disable NPC dropping weapons upon death? I want my NPCs to have a variety of weapons, but I don't want the player to pick them up.

Edited by Circa
questionssss?
yeyo JK likes this

Is it possible to disable weapon pickups on a map? Or disable NPC dropping weapons upon death? I want my NPCs to have a variety of weapons, but I don't want the player to pick them up.

I'm not sure if it's possible through scripts, but a way to achieve this would be to put a system/nodrop on the floor. Potentially, taller system/nodrop or even submerging the whole map with it might prevent any weapon from being dropped.

I'm not sure if it's possible through scripts, but a way to achieve this would be to put a system/nodrop on the floor. Potentially, taller system/nodrop or even submerging the whole map with it might prevent any weapon from being dropped.

That just made the dead NPC disappear completely. :lol: Perhaps @@therfiles knows of a way through scripting? Not sure how it would even work through script though. If it were a setting, it would make more sense to be a cvar or a key in worldspawn.

That just made the dead NPC disappear completely. :lol: Perhaps @@therfiles knows of a way through scripting? Not sure how it would even work through script though. If it were a setting, it would make more sense to be a cvar or a key in worldspawn.

Another way is to painscript the NPC to check their health and remove the weapon when it's too low (near death), I'm not sure if it will work on simple deathscript.

Another way is to painscript the NPC to check their health and remove the weapon when it's too low (near death), I'm not sure if it will work on simple deathscript.

Eh. That would look goofy. Best case scenario is to just disable weapon pickups. Maybe I'll see if we could have that as a cvar in JKE (which this mod will be using).

Hmmm. I'd say removing weapon pickups is your best bet. And then making some scripted weapon pickups when you need them. I'm not sure if this would work but the death script idea is a good one. Change the weapon to none and then bolt the model of the gun to their hands, faking it a bit. I'd have to play around with it to be sure.

Ramikad likes this

Started the second part of this mission: the Womp Rat Cave.

Dy5Emv2.jpg

brushes-brushes-everywhere.jpg

On a more serious note, you could VASTLY improve the looks of it making a simple brush tri-soup, say, 3 couples for side, plus one, or to improve the effect further, two to create the ceiling. A quick example of what I mean:

soup.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No progress. I'd have to redo the whole thing if people are wanting what Ramikad posted.

Well...Everyone is busy i think .. I had  4 month vacation but now i am in Japanese Computer - Technic School (With elements of Art etc) 

But I must say - I have never worked in a group while modding. So.. why not to try? I can help with this project mostly because i like the idea and it is SP (i am not MP player.. and maker...So pls.. dont ask me making mods for mp) :)

Just tell me what to do and i might be able to do it ;) (STARTING MAKING THE BARGE..for example X) )

Circa likes this

Well...Everyone is busy i think .. I had  4 month vacation but now i am in Japanese Computer - Technic School (With elements of Art etc) 

But I must say - I have never worked in a group while modding. So.. why not to try? I can help with this project mostly because i like the idea and it is SP (i am not MP player.. and maker...So pls.. dont ask me making mods for mp) :)

Just tell me what to do and i might be able to do it ;) (STARTING MAKING THE BARGE..for example X) )

I was referring to my map in this thread. :P If you want to take a look at what I did, you could improve it greatly I'm sure. It should probably be redone completely.

But yes, you have the sarlaac map to do. :)

Smoo likes this
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Circa changed the title to [SWS Mod] Dune Sea