Mapping w/ JK:E

Uh. I guess that depends on what you're creating. If you're making something that requires JKE/OpenJK to run, then yes. Those would probably only be a few things, like a large number of NPCs, or huge textures, etc.

Are you making maps for the project? Or just to run for yourself?

Well then yes, and feature you take advantage of in your map will need to include the code portion of the mod.

Also keep in mind that the mod is still in alpha stages, and in the future will not just be a code mod. JKE will include much more than just those code changes. Unless redsaurus plans on keeping it separate.

We can add new entities and stuff that might be beneficial to the level design. @@Lazarus in particular pointed out to me that you can't even get vehicle-bound NPCs to follow waypoints.

In terms of JK2 stuff, I'm not honestly sure. I at one point considered doing an X-wing mission on Artus but I'm not sure how it would factor into the gameplay. It would probably be between Artus Mine and Artus Topside, while you're riding the trolley.

Lazarus likes this

What do you mean by new entities.. give me some examples.

Also, I don't really need to control vehicles in game or anything like that. My main reason for using this was new weapons is all.  

At the moment the game does not support adding new custom weapons (without coding of course) but this is one of the end goals of the project.

I dunno about new entities though, it mostly depends on what mappers want.

We can add new entities and stuff that might be beneficial to the level design. @@Lazarus in particular pointed out to me that you can't even get vehicle-bound NPCs to follow waypoints.

In terms of JK2 stuff, I'm not honestly sure. I at one point considered doing an X-wing mission on Artus but I'm not sure how it would factor into the gameplay. It would probably be between Artus Mine and Artus Topside, while you're riding the trolley.

Still, I think this is possible, if looking at the game itself. Formost I point to t2_trip and h2_dpr .. something (the one where you are captured and have to play the "get out of jail" game with commander Rax. In there is an AT-ST send after you (asuming it has an NPC in it to control it), I am trying to figure out still how to do it.

Still, I think this is possible, if looking at the game itself. Formost I point to t2_trip and h2_dpr .. something (the one where you are captured and have to play the "get out of jail" game with commander Rax. In there is an AT-ST send after you (asuming it has an NPC in it to control it), I am trying to figure out still how to do it.

The AT-ST is a bit different (and weird) because it's both a vehicle and an NPC. The ATST NPC is the one that's used in t2_dpred, not the vehicle.

• 5 months later...