Rejoice! How do I delete my profile?

Yes. I'm trying to leave all internet, it's not healthy for me :(

Deleting an account will render all the threads you posted in awkwardly incomplete, as it will delete your posts too. I can ban you if you'd like. You could always email me when you want to return.

Not having an account won't stop you from visiting the site though. :P

NumberWan likes this

If you want to leave the internet, just change all your passwords to something randomly generated, don't write them down and then stop paying for your internet service and get rid of your phone/other devices with wifi.  Deleting your account is overkill and only necessary if you're trying to reduce your internet footprint and hide from the NSA, and even then it's probably all still archived (citation machine etc).

JKG Developer

If you want to leave the internet, just change all your passwords to something randomly generated, don't write them down and then stop paying for your internet service and get rid of your phone/other devices with wifi.  Deleting your account is overkill and only necessary if you're trying to reduce your internet footprint and hide from the NSA, and even then it's probably all still archived (citation machine etc).

I actually already delete most of my website accounts. I now only have one here, on moddb, on facebook (because I need it for university <_< ), and that's about it. I still have an e-mail and skype though. Randomly generated passwords sounds like a good idea. I can't stop paying for internet service though, since I currently live with my parents, and they need the internet for work, etc. Also, I don't use devices that use wifi (other than my computer) - I have an old Nokia cellphone :P

But yeah, deleting my internet accounts won't protect me from the NSA, though they can bite me - they have not right to track me anyway, since I'm not an American citizen (since they might have the right to spy on Americans out of supposed security concerns).

Deleting an account will render all the threads you posted in awkwardly incomplete, as it will delete your posts too. I can ban you if you'd like. You could always email me when you want to return.

But why? It actually makes me wonder why some forums only delete ones account but not their messages, and others don't.

I might consider your offer though :lol:

Just install internet blocker

I thought about that, but I'm not at all tech-savvy :shrug:

There's just no point in deleting the account for reasons other than to delete all content. It's not necessary for the reason that you have, either. Banning would be a better solution. I've had multiple people request this very thing and banning is the best solution. Or just resetting the password to something random.

Anyway, PM me if you want to pursue this.

Are you dependent upon Internet? Or is there something frustrating for you in it?

I once wanted to delete anything related to social media, but unfortunately had to stay, though the reasons are numerous: one of them is surely my work, while in other aspects it's a good way of communication with people, who I don't know very well, but we share ideas, opinions and even some projects. Also some people, like on facebook, are from other countries, and it's the only way to stay in touch with them, and I like to see their photos and small reports from around the world. I actually met very interesting people, while travelling abroad myself.

Once in a while I stay away from such activities, when going to a small town, or staying in a place, where Internet is very limited.

• 3 weeks later...