oJvLVIQ.png

cBx1z4M.png

I took up this request from this thread. What you see is what I have so far, a basic mesh, I'm sure the main body isn't the most accurate so I'll be looking around at more images and such trying to edit it to get as close as possible.

@@AshuraDX I'll let you know when it's UV mapped and ready to go so it might be a bit longer. When it gets to that point I should at least be able to start building the skeleton and doing some of the basic animations by the time the textures are finished.

Lancelot, Onysfx, Delmi and 1 other like this

Lol, have fun, UV mapping is so boring on stuff like this.

Before I send it to you let's see if anyone has any gripes about the mesh so far, it isn't the cleanest thing, it was done pretty quickly the other day. Good textures though I'm sure will hide all of it's imperfections.

Lol, have fun, UV mapping is so boring on stuff like this.

Before I send it to you let's see if anyone has any gripes about the mesh so far, it isn't the cleanest thing, it was done pretty quickly the other day. Good textures though I'm sure will hide all of it's imperfections.

I can automate 90'% of the process so it's not a huge deal :P

I will also take my time texturing this - so feel free to start animating beforehand

I plan to make a proper(ish) highpoly for this, I have a few ideas for things I'd like to try out

ZanderNao likes this

@@AshuraDX Yeah, the plan is do as much as possible so that we can sorta finish it all at once.

Feel free also to make any small edits you may feel are necessary to the mesh as long as the overall proportions keep it matching up with the skeleton. I can easily reweigh it if you make any changes since it's such a simple model.

Do you want it as 1 merged together mesh?

@@AshuraDX The rotoscope images I'm using they don't seem that way.

http://orig00.deviantart.net/caad/f/2015/334/c/c/all_terrain___defense_pod__at_dp__ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-d9ihowp.jpg

It's not the model used in the show of course but it's from something that's officially licensed so it shouldn't be that inaccurate although it's low poly.

I updated the dropbox link so you should be able to click on it again and the hole shouldn't be there. I also undid the merge into 1 mesh but it's quite messy since there are so many pieces.

ZanderNao likes this