Adding New Weapons via modding the item and weaposn DAT files.

Well, the weapons.dat is replaced with a weapons.json, that can be swapped out with a cvar. Maybe not in the current version of Academy, but definitely in Outcast.

It's always been my intention to have "infinite" weapons which use some kind of external script for logic. I originally tried this in Angelscript and then in Pawn, but I want to try at least a few other options (including a homebrew functional programming language-like Haskell) before (probably) settling on Lua.

So consider this "something we always planned for"

Well, the weapons.dat is replaced with a weapons.json, that can be swapped out with a cvar. Maybe not in the current version of Academy, but definitely in Outcast.

It's always been my intention to have "infinite" weapons which use some kind of external script for logic. I originally tried this in Angelscript and then in Pawn, but I want to try at least a few other options (including a homebrew functional programming language-like Haskell) before (probably) settling on Lua.

So consider this "something we always planned for"

In that case, I look forward to "V2" of Academy Enchanced and "V2" of Outcast Enhanced. :D And for now, I can always replace the E5 with the F11D, which is what I did. Kinda cool to have the E11 and F11 together in your inventory, even though that one is just a more advanced version of the other.