Diary of a mad man

Message added by AshuraDX

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

I think is time I break my silence and clear the air.

Small side note, I was never the one asking for constructive criticism, I was suggesting you pass some down to The Punisher, instead of brag. Maybe I am not the only one reading between the lines.

was not referring to my work. He was referring to all the crap and drama and the take-for-granted and "gimme gimme gimme" attitude of some people.

From all the great people here at The Hub that have influenced me like Salvoo, Kualan, Scerendo, AshuraDX, Katanamaru, etc. (even Toshi who I only know by his legendary work), Seven, Jeff and Dark_Apprentice (especially Dark_Apprentice) are the biggest influences that inspired me to learn and improve (and make them proud of their work, tips and inspiration). He would have never tried to "belittle"  my work. I have only thanks and appreciation for all his work and inspiration.

We "talk" constantly and help each other with stuff and/or ideas. In fact, he just expressed what I (and other that I've talked to) are experiencing.

Of course I can't compare to other good modelers in here, that can also create something from scratch, which I really respect and admire. But also I have stopped publishing models or even updates of old models, because I have some reasons for that and one of the reason is because there are other people that are really annoying and pushy on this. I don't make a living from this, so I am not forced to create/update my models or someone else's stuff. Also really disappointed when other people get your work without permissions and in the end you turn out to be the "black sheep".

I've been really upset with this and the development of the last couple of months here at The Hub (again, I am not alone on this), so I've been trying to focus on fixing some small problems here and there, like a problem with the ported Anakin head (where light seems to come out from one of his nostrils and what looks like a small cut on the back of his left ear), porting the TFU ObiWan head to accompany Anakin, trying to make a better texture for Luke's hair (which I have said hundreds of time I am terrible at) and finally figured out how to weight the mouth and eyes for animation (on my own, comparing and analyzing other models), all this while trying to ponder if is worth with all this crap and drama.

If I change my mind, I will  continue working on models and publish them. In the mean time, If you want to discuss models or issues with models, you are welcome to do so, if you want to complain or trash-talk, please make your own thread.

• 8 months later...

Is been a long time since I posted. In that time I had some fun (sometimes not so much) and made a collection of models. Seen the support we had in the recent days (see @dark_apprentice's page  if you don't know), I've decided to showcase some of the models. I might think on releasing some of them if I see a change in attitude and we can go back to when everything that brought joy to the players was welcomed.

Here are some of them.

Force Arena Luke (Tatooine). Special Thanks to the AMAZING @Scerendo for the hands, saved me a lots of headaches.

mM5NXDR.jpg

Rival's ESB Luke with Force Arena head

ZJZe4yG.jpg

ESB Han Solo (hips: BF Han Solo by @Seven, torso: Rival's ESB Han Solo, Head: Force Arena Han Solo)

eWpADWI.jpg

TFU Hoth Soldier with mask/no mask options (textures are not the best but can't complain)

f4ShLk7.jpg

OeftJP1.jpg

Rival's Han Solo in Hoth Outfit with Force Arena head. Boots and head gear/mask from TFU Rebel Soldiers

vWXGqbe.jpg

UyHYyR5.jpg

Is been a long time since I posted. In that time I had some fun (sometimes not so much) and made a collection of models. Seen the support we had in the recent days (see @dark_apprentice's page  if you don't know), I've decided to showcase some of the models. I might think on releasing some of them if I see a change in attitude and we can go back to when everything that brought joy to the players was welcomed.

Here are some of them.

Force Arena Luke (Tatooine). Special Thanks to the AMAZING @Scerendo for the hands, saved me a lots of headaches.

mM5NXDR.jpg

Rival's ESB Luke with Force Arena head

ZJZe4yG.jpg

ESB Han Solo (hips: BF Han Solo by @Seven, torso: Rival's ESB Han Solo, Head: Force Arena Han Solo)

eWpADWI.jpg

TFU Hoth Soldier with mask/no mask options (textures are not the best but can't complain)

f4ShLk7.jpg

OeftJP1.jpg

Rival's Han Solo in Hoth Outfit with Force Arena head. Boots and head gear/mask from TFU Rebel Soldiers

vWXGqbe.jpg

UyHYyR5.jpg

These are pretty good ports  :) . I´m glad you are back. Maybe somebody can finally use this hoth outfit to create Hoth Luke.

maxresdefault.jpg

Omega likes this

ESB Luke v2 (Previous version looks too young)

body: Rivals ESB Luke

Head: BF2 (I think)

Hair: Force Arena Tattoine Luke

Hands: Jedi Master Scerendo

zRXcFfE.jpg

fJeuUbv.jpg

nbI1QG3.jpg

This Luke and your other versions of Luke look so good. If you did release them, I'd literally replace the base Luke in assets with this.

• 2 weeks later...