Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post, but what is the plan for SP? Are you really going to try and create all the missions that Tim promised? Or are you going to update the features he worked on?

All will come in time. At first I will just focus on making SP playable. By adding new player menu into game so that people can choose their favourite characters and lightsabers to play the original campaign. Of course, In the future I will make sure to improve the mod with new missions.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

All will come in time. At first I will just focus on making SP playable. By adding new player menu into game so that people can choose their favourite characters and lightsabers to play the original campaign. Of course, In the future I will make sure to improve the mod with new missions.

Do you plan on keeping the SP models just to the movies or are you adding some EU models into it?

When is singleplayer ready, i will work on NPC optimalization. That means Jedi/Sith characters would obtain rank system. Each rank would have own FP and HP. It is because there are lot of models from different authors and every has different stats but we need optimized stat system. For example:

Padawan: 100hp, 100fp - Rey, Luke Ep4, Temple Guards,

Knight: 200hp, 150fp - Anakin EP2,Obiwan EP1, Kanan, Inquisitor

Master: 300hp, 200fp - Plo Koon,KiAdiMundi,Luminara

Hero: 400hp, 250 hp - Luke Ep6, Kyle, Anakin ep3, Obi wan ep3, Dooku, Darth Malgus

Boss: 500hp, 300 fp - Sidious, Vader, Starkiller, Darth Revan,Yoda

DarthDementous likes this

When is singleplayer ready, i will work on NPC optimalization. That means Jedi/Sith characters would obtain rank system. Each rank would have own FP and HP. It is because there are lot of models from different authors and every has different stats but we need optimized stat system. For example:

Padawan: 100hp, 100fp - Rey, Luke Ep4, Temple Guards,

Knight: 200hp, 150fp - Anakin EP2,Obiwan EP1, Kanan, Inquisitor

Master: 300hp, 200fp - Plo Koon,KiAdiMundi,Luminara

Hero: 400hp, 250 hp - Luke Ep6, Kyle, Anakin ep3, Obi wan ep3, Dooku, Darth Malgus

Boss: 500hp, 300 fp - Sidious, Vader, Starkiller, Darth Revan,Yoda

That sounds like a great system. But what about the non Force-sensitives or droids?

@@Fire Phoenix

I just tested this mod using OpenJK. No crashes so far, even with widescreen settings (for that, I made an autoexec.cfg with the needed settings).

I also tried the SP mode with OpenJK. Still not working. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the customization menu has access to more skins than running the mod without OpenJK.

@@Fire Phoenix

I just tested this mod using OpenJK. No crashes so far, even with widescreen settings (for that, I made an autoexec.cfg with the needed settings).

I also tried the SP mode with OpenJK. Still not working. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the customization menu has access to more skins than running the mod without OpenJK.

I have another question, how are you getting OpenJK to play this?

@@Lancelot

What do you mean SP is not working? It's not starting? It works for me but it's just incomplete. I didn't even touch SP so there is no new menu like in SP but I will get it pretty soon.  Don't need OpenJK for that.

With "still not working", I meant that the SP mode is still broken. Some things were working, some things not. As you said, it's incomplete.

I could even play the first mission on Yavin, but Rosh was not there (actually, this is not that bad  :D), but the game stuck on the cutscene when they tried to open the gate.

@@Domino5555

Here's the latest version, just in case you don't have it. https://builds.openjk.org/openjk-2016-08-22-cdfdb5ad-windows.zip

Launch the multiplayer mode with openjk.x86.exe. After the game has started, just go to Setup and then to Mods. The KotF folder should be visible. Select it and load the mod.

With "still not working", I meant that the SP mode is still broken. Some things were working, some things not. As you said, it's incomplete.

I could even play the first mission on Yavin, but Rosh was not there (actually, this is not that bad  :D), but the game stuck on the cutscene when they tried to open the gate.

@@Domino5555

Here's the latest version, just in case you don't have it. https://builds.openjk.org/openjk-2016-08-22-cdfdb5ad-windows.zip

Launch the multiplayer mode with openjk.x86.exe. After the game has started, just go to Setup and then to Mods. The KotF folder should be visible. Select it and load the mod.

How do I get openjk.x86.exe to work? It didn't exactly come with a readme.

How do I get openjk.x86.exe to work? It didn't exactly come with a readme.

Does the game start as it usually would without OpenJK? Well, that's OpenJK. Technically, this is not a mod, just a seperate engine that is based on the source code.

So, all you have to do is to put the files in the GameData folder, start the game with openjk.x86.exe, and that's it. Then you can load KotF through the setup menu.

Apart from that, OpenJK is not needed to play KotF. It's only useful at the moment if you want to play KotF with widescreen settings or if you own a Mac.

Does the game start as it usually would without OpenJK? Well, that's OpenJK. Technically, this is not a mod, just a seperate engine that is based on the source code.

So, when you start OpenJK and it loads the game as usual, that's it. All you have to do is to load KotF through the setup menu.

Well, I run on a Windows 8 converted into a Windows 10, so I thought that compatibility mode would be the problem. But I can load the singleplayer mode of OpenJK, just not the multiplayer mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another weird question (lol): do you plan and replacing character models for a more updated look.

for example: replacing mars marshalls darth vader (the vader model the original KOTF used) with something like toshi's vader

Actually, KotF 2.1 already has most of the best models available. Even Toshi's Darth Vader is in it, as well as many other high quality models.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

fire pheonix i got questions.

i play this mod consistently against the multiplayer bots

will you make the bots tougher?

will you fix the bot ai to where they will act normal and fight aggresively in all of the maps you have added? because they pretty much do not work on any of your maps.

will you make every single model have bot support?

will there be a way to have the ai just use guns instead of using both?