KotF has officially been approved : ) 

thanks, I'll continue testing the rest of the maps with my friend today. hmm, CM_InvalidBevel is definitely something that should've been caught while the map compiled and it's interesting that it only works on base and lugormod. is the 'CM_InvalidBevel' a yellow warning message (meaning the map can still be played and that might not be what's stopping it from loading) or a red warning?

EDIT: friend crashes on trying to load the 'Kamino Facility' map but I load it fine.

he runs Windows 10 and has a Nvidia GPU and i5 CPU.

I don't really know how to fix this man.

Lancelot likes this

Even thought I only play SP, it looks amazing so I decided to give it a try. I fired it up but modified the MP bat file to use openJK (MP) instead. Everything lookes fine but then I launched a Solo game and it returned back to main menu with a message that NPCs are too large. Any  ideas?

Do you have any other mods installed? Make sure your base folder is clear, JKJA updated to 1.01 version. It doesn't need OpenJK to work. I don't really recommend using it right now - things may get buggy. Don't mess with kotf files unless you know what you're doing. If you find no other way try opening kotf_multiplayer.pk3 ----> and delete ext_data folder. You won't have any npcs though so you should treat that as a last available option.  Nobody had this issue before so I don't think it's kotf related problem. You must have installed something wrong or have mess in base files. Also try deleting every dll from "KotF" and ''base'' folder. Leave dlls in kotf_multiplayer.pk3 only - DONT DELETE THEM OR YOUR GAME WILL CRASH AT STARTUP. OpenJK has not been tested with this version , so as I stated before I don't recommend using it right now.

I  just joined a game just to test with my mods installed and it worked (but Solo game still doesn't works unless I remove them).

that's because the custom models you have most likely come with NPC files, and seeing the sheer multitude of models and vehicles in the KOTF mod it's bound to be really close to hitting the NPC limit. I think OpenJK may increase that limit through modifications to the engine but I can't be sure.

Smoo likes this

I just want to add some advises here for Steam users, just in case someone has any problems. 

I can't guarantee that these are the ultimate problem solvers, but I hope they fix some issues you might experience.

When the game leads you to SP mode, but you clicked on the 'KotF 2.1 MP' batch-file

- Open Steam.

- Double-click on the Jedi Academy icon. A window pops up where you can choose between Singleplayer and Multiplayer mode.

Choose Launch Multiplayer. Alternatively, you can right-click the icon and choose Launch Multiplayer in the drop-down menu.

- In the MP menu, go to Setup and select Mods.

- If KotF shows up in the window, choose it and select Load Mod.

And that's it. But if you still experience any issues, try this method, but only if you have a lot of mods in your Base folder that you don't want to delete.

Note: Depending on how much mods you already have in your base folder, this may take lots space on your HDD (or little if you are lucky).

If you have enough space, you can proceed like this:

- Rename the Jedi Academy folder that is located in your Steam folder to Jedi Academy_old. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jedi Academy).

Make sure that Steam is closed, or else Windows won't allow you to rename the folder.

- Open Steam.

- Right-click the Jedi Academy icon.

- Choose Properties, then go to Local Files.

- In Local Files, choose Verify Integrity of Game Cache.... This will download the game again, and you will get a clean unmodded copy of Jedi Academy.

- Now, you have two folders, Jedi Academy_old and Jedi Academy. Choose the latter to play KotF. But leave the game as it is, just put the KotF mod folder in the GameData folder.

- To load KotF, simply proceed as I mentioned above.

Why that kinda complicated procedure? Because this will make sure that you have a clean, untouched game to work with. Other mods located in the base folder might conflict

with this mod. And if you feel safe, you can move your mods from Jedi Academy_old into the new Jedi Academy folder again.

Smoo likes this

I am in need of help. So.. if anyone has some free time and want to speed Beta version release, there is something that doesn't require any modding skills but only some free time and patience. I'm talking about character descriptions. As you have noticed or not, there are 2 actual finished descriptions. For Bastila Shan and Carth Onasi in the old republic faction. You just have to copy character description from wikipedia and paste it in proper place in menu files. Eventually set \n thing that works like enter that creates a line. It would be most helpful. I can explain all details if anyone is willing to do it.

Smoo and Darth Shaxx like this

I am in need of help. So.. if anyone has some free time and want to speed Beta version release, there is something that doesn't require any modding skills but only some free time and patience. I'm talking about character descriptions. As you have noticed or not, there are 2 actual finished descriptions. For Bastila Shan and Carth Onasi in the old republic faction. You just have to copy character description from wikipedia and paste it in proper place in menu files. Eventually set \n thing that works like enter that creates a line. It would be most helpful. I can explain all details if anyone is willing to do it.

This is is for singleplayer cause I could give it a try

Smoo likes this

I'm impressed how the responses to this mod are surprisingly positive. As I'm writing this, it has been downloaded 264 times, which is a good sign I think. The more people know of this mod, the higher will be the chance that more people want to get involved in this project, to make this mod even better.

@@Fire Phoenix

Any progress with the SP mode?

I'm impressed how the responses to this mod are surprisingly positive. As I'm writing this, it has been downloaded 264 times, which is a good sign I think. The more people know of this mod, the higher will be the chance that more people want to get involved in this project, to make this mod even better.

@@Fire Phoenix

Any progress with the SP mode?

Right now I am working on multiplayer bug fixing, I will post as soon as I make some progress with SP.