Okay, @@Fire Phoenix. Although the mod is currently pending approval in JKHub, thus I don't know what's awaiting me, I find it impressive that you secretively worked on fixing this mod.

And that's a good thing, because if you would have frequently posted any updates to this topic (e.g. the current progress, what's in that mod and the release date), it would have summoned a hysteria

nobody could handle. It would have been fatal to this project, similar to what happened during the development of KotF 2.0.

Hopefully, this version will have a better reputation than the original mod.

EDIT: I'm downloading your file right now, from your Google Drive. I hope it's worth it.

TheWhitePhoenix and Smoo like this

Single Player isn't finished so don't be disappointed. It should be finished in Beta version. But Multi Player is fully functional and that's the first thing you should try : )

Any release date for single player? - I'm sure singleplayer was the main reason kotf was created

I tested the MP part of this mod. It looks like KotF and feels like it, but it seems a little bit more fresh. Sure, it's in the Alpha stage at the moment, but with some help from others, it might become the mod it was supposed to be.

We have many skilled artists and modders here, and I hope some of them are interested in volunteering in making this mod awesome again.

I hope it's okay if I post some impressions and suggestions here:

- The menu structure of the player selection menu is interesting. The fractions and the playermodels are nicely arranged. I find that more appealing than the inferior clone of the SP customization menu the original KotF had.

- The background music of the menu is a little bit better than the previous one.

- In the map selection, you could give the descriptions of any episode based map an individual color that fits the episodes. For example, 'A New Hope' maps could be coloured blue, 'Return of the Jedi' maps green.

- The splash screen and the menus from KotF should be updated to fit the new menu you've made.

- Oh, and one more thing: There is a bug that existed in the original KotF. Whenever you try to play the game in widescreen mode (in my case, it's 1920x1080), the game crashes when you try to load a map.

Maybe somebody could keep an eye on that issue, because it would be great to play this mod in widescreen mode.

Other than that, I've got thrilled to play some classic trilogy maps with characters from 'The Force Awakens'.  :D

Thanks for Your opinion Lancelot! Of course I plan to improve everything in further versions but it's impossible to do everything at once, so I focused on the most important - the content. By the way You could visit my server so we can play together with few others. Just set the server filter to KotF and join {C.i.S} Server. I'm playing there right now

TheWhitePhoenix, Lancelot and Smoo like this

Thanks for Your opinion Lancelot! Of course I plan to improve everything in further versions but it's impossible to do everything at once, so I focused on the most important - the content. By the way You could visit my server so we can play together with few others. Just set the server filter to KotF and join {C.i.S} Server. I'm playing there right now

Putting the mod in my folder right now, I'll be on the server soon  :P

Fantastic mod! even in its not complete. Great Job man!

Btw when you will start making single player will you make npc spawn menu and load map menu?

that could be rly awesome. You could make kotf even better.

And i suggest you can continue creating this mod with other modders.

Oh yeah and may the force be with you :) .

TheWhitePhoenix likes this