How do you like the new theme?

Latest Poll  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How are you liking the new theme so far?

• I love it!
    • It's pretty great, but could use some improvement.
    • I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    • It's a good idea, but needs a lot of work.
    • I hate it.
    • I don't see it/Other

In my opinion and to be fair it's a good background but the real case is how stretches with a regular forum post like this one the picture appears the way it should be, but If you were to go to the home screen and the forums it appears slightly stretched out and unappealing to me.

By the way I refreshed the page at one point and the background is back to the old one at least right now lol. All that's said and done this theme is both good and bad, however whether or not we can fix it or even decide to use another theme like mine, or Circas that is up to how everyone else feels.

• Fixed width in 2k16? Please, for the love of God, don't do it.
  • It is way too bright for a background.
  • Hub logo is kinda not ready for this background.
  • Grayish elements with some transparency is okay, but we have a lot of titles here with white color (like the "Replying to How do you like the new theme?").
  • Bluish transparent font color + background transparency is bad ("Latest: / By  – %date%" block on forums home).

This could be a much longer fix-list, but, well, it's better to redesign everything from a scratch like @@Caelum wanted some time ago, maybe after forum engine upgrade (still want to see IPB 4 instead of XenForo, but that's just my two cents).

Also current template was designed and optimized for a dark-colored BG only.

BruceJohnJenner and Darth Sion like this

• Fixed width in 2k16? Please, for the love of God, don't do it.

Um. For real? You liked how it was before? There was a huge void in the center of the index with nothing in it. I think fixed width is mandatory for a forum.

And everyone needs to keep in mind, this isn't really a new theme. Just a slightly altered one for the new background.

Um. For real? You liked how it was before? There was a huge void in the center of the index with nothing in it. I think fixed width is mandatory for a forum.

Yup, I'm using the full-width version of Hub, not the fixed one. Widescreen monitors, come on!

Yup, I'm using the full-width version of Hub, not the fixed one. Widescreen monitors, come on!

Pretty sure adding max-width to the main content is particularly for widescreen monitors. Full screen monitors wouldn't show any difference.

How about we could use this theme in the daytime and at night-time (seeing as how my theme came in 2nd place) we could use that one. Like it could maybe change at a certain time of the day or something. Seems like a good idea to me.. Worth a try, at least. See what people think.

How about we could use this theme in the daytime and at night-time (seeing as how my theme came in 2nd place) we could use that one. Like it could maybe change at a certain time of the day or something. Seems like a good idea to me.. Worth a try, at least. See what people think.

CSS doesn't have the ability to change with time of day.

It needs to be fixed width, you can actually enjoy the background. I do agree though that the logo is outdated visually and some of the colors could be changed to better suit the new background. We need a dark color scheme to go with the new background, like white text, black text box's and all things gray made darker.

swegmaster likes this

You just made me realize it's Ord Mantell, same as the last background. :lol: That was by chance, obviously. This is based on a different map than the last one though. The last one was t3_bounty, this one is a duel map.

Bek likes this

To be fair people did vote for that bright wallpaper to be used. Clearly the vote wasn't thought about very much. Like I stated before, a night time version of that new background image would be perfect. For now I'm using the old theme.