Sub mod of JK2:E or merged?

Guest Redemption

Guest Redemption

Following from the topic that Dusty had posted about his mod being a sub-mod. @@eezstreet said something about making it a branch or something from JK:E. Is that something that I could possibly do? I would like my mod to be a sub mod of JK2:E or merged with it, if that is at all likely? 

@@eezstreet - Someone asked me when my mod would be available for download and this was my reply:

Hi, EEZSTREET is the modder who has developed and maintains JK2:E. He has brought many features over from JA:E to JK2:E; many execellent features that were in fact created by the OJP team.
Here's the thing, to mod in what I have, you need to use the source code and that is being cleaned up and been optimized by the OpenJK team. EEZSTREET's mod (JK2:E) has used that as the base and he has made the Outcast code a lot better ( before I wouldn't even use it; was missing a lot of things) but because he has fixed it, I use his mod as a base for mine.
Here lies the problem when it comes for the release of my mod. If I were to upload my mod I would need the permission of other mod authors before I could do so; its the right thing to do :) Since I use JK2:E for tinkering with the code, I'll first need EEZ's permission. The others is more difficult, I definitely use an altered version of the Ultimate Weapons Mod; which is a compilation mod in itself :\ (loads of authors) I use the scope for the disruptor rifle and the font from MBII I think - I got permission to use Palpatines sound files from there also :) An FX mod that adds specular shaders to player models. I've replaced Desann and Luke with better models ( Luke I need to ask Toshi/DT85 for, Desann? I can't remember where I got that from; don't think it was from MBII though.

And in the mean time, I'm modding away with adding acrobatics at certain force ranks(instead of replacing the rolls), I've enhanced the level of blocking and now Katarn, when he walks with the saber activated, he now walks with it like the enemy saber wielders. I've got force fall to actually work like it should... Its coming along, I'll post these thoughts over at JKHub and get the ball rolling. Link for that I'll add in the description.

@@eezstreet - What d'you think?

Guest Redemption

Forgive me, but why would what I say sound like Dusty's Patch JK2 edition? I haven't had the time to check you're mod, but I may make some time for it @@Dusty.

Guest Redemption

I'm confused??? I'm not actually talking about Dusty's mod, only that what he mentioned about asking if his mod could be a sub mod of JK:E. I'm interested in the idea of sub mods for JK:E. The reason being, now that I can get into modding the game thanks to @@eezstreet, how would I go about getting permission to upload my modded variant? Can I use JK2:E as the foundation for me to build from then upload a mod?? Or is this a no go endeavor???

You can use the mod as a base as long as you adhere to the GNU GPL with regards to the code (your project must be open-source, source code shall be provided free of charge and any mods based on your mod must adhere to this license).

I wasn't sure what Dusty wanted. If he wants to have a mod that's based on JK2:E, then he can do that and it won't really involve any effort on my part. If he wants to integrate his features into JK2:E I am open to the idea.