Octuptarra magna tri-droid

Well, I had this model sitting around for years. It was originally meant for SWBF2 but later scrapped when at the time documentation on animating walker vehicles was non existent and figuring it out all by myself proved difficult. Right now I kinda need a distraction or something to get me motivated again and since animating is one of my favorite things I thought I'd take on the challenge of making something quite different.

KtjJOch.png

Right now it's just a mesh, I just started to build the skeleton and rig for it. I don't know if a rotating head with usable turrets by other players is possible but if not just the forward facing cannon will shoot. I need to UV map it still and then it'll need some textures which hopefully I can maybe sublet that part of the job out to someone who's much faster and better than I.

Psyk0Sith, krkarr, Onysfx and 6 others like this

Awesome! The Tri-droid has always been my favourite kind of battle droid! 

Anyway this one is based on The New Essential Guide to Droids's Tri-Droid, which is a little bit different to the model used in the movies http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5b/Tri-droid-CHRON.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061221191948

If you are in need of textures you may use BFIII's Tri-Droid model's (I know that is a combat tri-droid and not a magna tri-droid but aside of the cannons, the feet and the size it looks the same) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7035486/SWBF3/SWBF3_Tridroid_walker.jpg

Anyway, do you think you may also make an enemy NPC with this one?

Well after about a little over an hour of work I have the leg rig figured out complete with automatically pumping pistons as you move the leg controls. Now to just duplicate it a couple of times for the other 2 legs and build the main body rig which shouldn't be too much work.

I kinda forgot to scale this thing to it's proper size in Softimage so I guess I'll have to rely on assimilate to do it, on first export it might be smaller than a player model since JA's scale is huge. XD

Psyk0Sith, Bek, AshuraDX and 2 others like this