Han Solo

We all would love to see such models released at some point in the future like the Han Solo from DT85 and the one from Kualan. But as both Kualan and Jeff stated on their WIP pages same goes for me, the only model that can be "made from scratch" with the 99% help from advanced softwares that just rip off a 2D photo into a 3D head in my case is my own Grand Moff Tarkin. Yes he looks good on the front and realistic, but he is nothing like that smooth model (as the one made from 0 to 100 from the guys on Force Arena game)
or as anything else that people like DT85 or Psyk0Sith can create.
So yes, I also feel more comfortable to create something from scratch (even with the help of software like CrazyTalk 8 or iClone /same company/), but I still prefer at least for my own JKA Single Player custom "modifications" to use or make kitbashes, frankensteins and ports.

The Punisher likes this
  • 3 months later...

I would like this as an npc and multiplayer support jkja and han for the record in original Star Wars anh Han Solo shot first Greedo hesitated like a *bleep* idiot!

I'll take Han Solo for NPC support and multiplayer and bot support. Han, for the record, in the original Star Wars (ANH), Han Solo shot first.

Greedo hesitated like a *bleep* idiot!

I want this in Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy!

We already have a Han Solo model. Works for both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. https://jkhub.org/files/file/827-han-solo/ https://jkhub.org/files/file/3225-han-solo-stormtrooper/ https://jkhub.org/files/file/2588-old-han-ep7/

These are the only Han Solo models we have. Take them or leave them. Better quality ones like the one made by @@dark_apprentice are not available yet.

And yes, for the 1138th time: Han Solo shot first. Always has, always will be.

dark_apprentice likes this

is there really that much a difference between a JA and JO model? -_-

If a model is made with Jedi Academy in mind, yes. Trying to use it directly in Jedi Outcast ends up in monstrous contortions due to the missing bones of the Jedi Outcast _humanoid skeleton. Jedi Academy, on the other hand, supports Jedi Outcast models without problems.

the_raven likes this

JK2 models in JKA don't have the left hand tag. Just try using dual sabers with a JK2 model in JKA, and you'll see. Especially if you do that obnoxious kata.

Actually I have. Remember the infamous Lady Jedi? Back in the day, I took some of the models from there and brought them into JA, and they worked no problem, so I kinda have to agree with Ramikad on this one.

Actually I have. Remember the infamous Lady Jedi? Back in the day, I took some of the models from there and brought them into JA, and they worked no problem, so I kinda have to agree with Ramikad on this one.

Not saying they don't mostly work but some animations don't work properly.

QNL92q4.gif

It's probably caused by 1.the tag not weighted to the proper bone 2.That bone not being named correctly 3.a combination of both.

Solution:

Rename the "lhand_tag_bone" to "lhang_tag_bone".

The l_hand and r_hand tags have to be weighted to the corresponding l_hang and r_hang bones

ZanderNao likes this

Haha. My film group took a Jedi Academy model into outcast once... It was an Anakin variant of some kind, but he ended up bent around like a pretzel in the most horrifying shapes.

lol i use to do that too, looking like aboinations lmfao, love that jk2mv fixed that

Haha. My film group took a Jedi Academy model into outcast once... It was an Anakin variant of some kind, but he ended up bent around like a pretzel in the most horrifying shapes.

lol i use to do that too, looking like aboinations lmfao, love that jk2mv fixed that

hah! have to try that too sometime! :D

Smoo likes this

i have a brilliant model of han solo,if someone can rig good then ill send it over,also the poly count is insane so would need a little bt of editing

Is the model textured? If so you can send it to me and I can weight it to the JKA skeleton for you. Sounds like it needs LODs as well.